Your Favorite Pet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-12-2014, 10:52 AM (This post was last modified: 15-12-2014 01:52 PM by Free.)
Your Favorite Pet
I have a Heinz 57 four-on-the-floor MUTT!

And I love him.

You?

Go!

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-12-2014, 11:21 AM
RE: You Favorite Pet
These are my two.

[Image: indexa.jpg]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
15-12-2014, 11:22 AM
Best dog I ever had was a Springer Spaniel named Mikey. We adopted him when I was about 13, he was a couple years old at the time. Had him until I was 25 at which point he'd just gotten so old and feeble it was inhumane to let him go on suffering any longer. I think about that dog all the time. The day I had him put down was the day the last little thread of my childhood was severed.

We're coming up on the 1st anniversary of the death of my 2nd favorite dog, a mutt named Doo Lolly. We had to put him down last January at the age of 16. He was diabetic and losing his hearing and vision. In addition to having accidents around the house even WITH two shots of insulin a day he was also getting really jumpy due to the sensory deterioration and he nipped at our son a few times. We decided he should "go" before anything bad happened, while my son could still remember him as a good dog and not a presence he needed to be afraid of. I miss that dog a lot too, he was a good boy up until he started to deteriorate.

I have two dogs now, a schnauzer and a dachshund, like 9 and 12 years old. Both irritating whiny little shits, lol. Oh well, my son loves them. They're my pets and I have many fond memories with them but after they're gone it's gonna be all mutts for me going forward; they're just a lot more chill in general.
15-12-2014, 12:00 PM
My avatar is a photo of mine. He was trained in Schutzhund and went everywhere we did. Loyal, protective and an intelligence that sometimes stopped me in my tracks. Seven years after his passing I still think of him everyday.

We have another Doberman now, less serious and more fun loving, a bit whacky even.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
15-12-2014, 12:28 PM
Will have to find some pics later-we have a crew...2 parrots, 1 cat, and 3 dogs.

Chopper is my favorite but we don't tell the other critters. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
15-12-2014, 12:36 PM
My dad got me and my sisters a dog when I was a kid. We named him Shiloh. He was a straggly Pomeranian mix- or that's what we guessed. When we were kids, my sisters and I would dress up that poor dog and put ponytails in his hair. He let us hold him like a baby. Laugh out load

One time when I was 10, we went on a trip from our home in California to Florida and took Shiloh with us. When we left to head back home, we left Shiloh with my grandparents. My grandpa was supposed to send Shiloh to us as soon as he could, but Shiloh ended up "running away." My grandparents let him go. So we were in California and Shiloh was somewhere in Florida. It seemed hopeless. And me and my sisters were devastated. We cried hysterically. And it was the holidays. We wanted Shiloh back for Christmas!

My other grandpa who lives in California also loved Shiloh. So, he starts making phone calls to Florida to find Shiloh. He succeeded and found a retired woman who had found Shiloh and taken him in. She agreed to send him back.

So, Shiloh was back at home right before Christmas! Smile

We had him for almost 10 years.

He died a few years ago when 2 dogs brutally attacked him. It was truly horrendous. They played tug-of-war with him and shook him like a rag doll. I was inside watching...I felt helpless. I'd like to think of Shiloh as a hero though, because my little brothers were playing outside at the time. Shiloh was fast, he could have easily escaped those dogs. I even watched him get back up and try to keep fighting.

Still makes me want to cry. Sadcryface

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
15-12-2014, 01:16 PM
My derpy dog in my avatar.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
15-12-2014, 01:29 PM
*Your

[Image: 0t82Piy.png]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
15-12-2014, 01:41 PM
(15-12-2014 01:29 PM)Vosur Wrote:  *Your

Yeah, but what if he meant you're?

See? Don't you feel silly now?

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
15-12-2014, 01:53 PM
RE: Your Favorite Pet
(15-12-2014 01:29 PM)Vosur Wrote:  *Your

Shup I fixed it.

I knew you would come along. The aliens told me you would.

Big Grin

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!