Your Fear.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2012, 11:35 AM
RE: Your Fear.
I'm afraid of the imaginary person that stalks me when i go outside at night time.
I know there's nothing there but can't help being paranoid.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2012, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 18-05-2012 09:09 PM by elemts.)
(18-05-2012 11:35 AM)TheNaiveDinosaur Wrote:  I'm afraid of the imaginary person that stalks me when i go outside at night time.
I know there's nothing there but can't help being paranoid.
That could be useful though... might make you more alert to your surroundings. But then can also make you hate walking/going out at night. I won't even directly mention something that'd be an option, but'd just make it worse.

Edit:
If this was a book, that would've been almost foreshadowing.... on one site I'm on, I provided only three pieces of information:
1) my general body size (weight--not that unusual...I'm like in the middle)
2) I have a red-ish car
3) I walk at the park

Someone took that and tried to figure out where I live... he said "so you live on *my street*?" within 2 minutes. Bad thing is.... unless the person lives across from me, there's no way out of 50-100 streets he could've picked it that quick. I swore was being stalked myself tonight!
30-05-2012, 08:19 PM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2012 08:22 PM by Atothetheist.)
I have a fear of reflections, and shadows...

Back when I was eight, and The only reason I remeber this because it was scary, I was about to go to sleep, and my eyes caught something....

It was the shadow of what loomed like a gaint cat, with orange glowing eyes, and a tail whipping violently back and forth...

I was still a catholic, so I naturally thought this was a demon. I stayed up all night, and just stared at it.

But then it started doing something weird, its head started turning, like 360 rotating.

I have yet to figure out what that was.

My fear of Reflections came when I was eleven, and at night. One time I was hungry, and decided I would get a midnight snack. My kitchen has a sliding room door that can double as a mirror......

I crossed the kitchen, made myself a sandwich, and was spredding jelly on my PBJ.... And I looked up.

I looked like an evil person that had just killed somebody.... And the reflection in the mirror seemed to be smiling....

I hate mirrors.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
31-05-2012, 02:50 PM
(30-05-2012 08:19 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I have a fear of reflections, and shadows...
If you watch Dr Who... you'd know that shadows are evil! They are "meat eating creatures" living in them that we call dust! (the Vashta Nerada) Big Grin Oh... and reflections are neat though...

While at work one (when working probably day 20 somthing of non-stop 12 hour shifts) I looked up at a window and saw a woman in purple cooking humans over a fire.... she said the blood feast was here and invited me to join. I figured, hallucination or not (and just a reflection or not), it was probably best to turn around.
31-05-2012, 02:51 PM
I'm afraid of the Grey Man from the game LSD.

[Image: opforum1.png]
17-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Another one in the neighbourhood. This one is big! A Grizzly. All business no pleasure here.

[Image: photo-2.png]
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
06-01-2013, 10:20 PM
I cannot freaking wait for this movie! The whole concept of fear still intrigues me so much. Also, a few people have told me lately that I should read the Dune series because the subject is about the fear concept.

Anybody else excited for this?? Big Grin Willy!
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
07-01-2013, 11:31 PM
I find very little to be scared of anymore. I mean, there are the times when I'm driving down a long, dark road in the middle of the night; knowing there's not a soul around for miles, and the idea flashes into my mind, "What if I looked to my left and there was some ghost or other form of spectral entity running alongside me or behind me?" and I get a little chill. But, more than anything, I actually smile at the thought, because I think it would be more intriguing than terrifying. Or, perhaps intriguing in that it's terrifying. I don't know. Either way, I immediately remember that it's simply a concept, not a reality, and it quickly fades.

Anyway, fear isn't something that really effects me anymore. I'm way too....well, "cocky" may be too misleading....I'll say "confident" in myself. I've seen and done shit that's just sort of numbed me, and now I feel like I've got a good grip on things.

Which is good, though, because I can make rational decisions while everyone else is crying and trembling.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-01-2013, 11:37 PM
Okay my biggest fear.....

Im a little unsure about sharing this because I know the teasing that will be waiting for me.....

Grey Aliens.....Yup. When I say these scare me I mean they are scary to me to the point of being a phobia. If I even see a photo/drawing of one and my heart starts racing and I start sweating and freaking out. Sadcryface2

Worst part is I don't even really BELIEVE in "Greys" *facepalm* Blush

Let the laughing commence.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
07-01-2013, 11:46 PM
Respect nature, but don't be afraid.

Am I wrong to liken it to the recent to-do here in America? So many are afraid of mass shootings at schools, but mass-shootings are an unreasonable fear. 543 people dead from mass shootings in the last 30 years. That number doesn't even compare to the number of estimated deaths from doctors and nurses not properly washing their hands (~100k a year).

Media loves to make you afraid. It's good for their ratings. Don't worry. The moose. The bear. The wildcat. If they're anywhere near you, you have astronomical odds that they will avoid you. I grew up in the country. I walked the deer trails. I made trails of my own. We have wildcats and bears and coyotes. I've not seen one. And if any were near me and smelled me, they ran off.

You're far safer jogging through a patch of woods than jogging through a side street in your city. It's okay. You will be fine.

"The problem with faith is that it really is a conversation stopper. Faith is a declaration of immunity to the powers of conversation. It is a reason why you do not have to give reasons for what you believe." - Sam Harris
[+] 1 user Likes SingingBear's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A Lack of Fear kingschosen 14 242 27-04-2014 05:22 PM
Last Post: d0gg0d
  fear of success kunoxian drive 15 878 02-01-2013 03:55 AM
Last Post: blackkitty
Sad Overcoming fear of death omegamoo 16 1,452 16-12-2012 04:28 AM
Last Post: Birdguy1979
  Fear of getting a regular job cheapthrillseaker 44 1,901 24-09-2012 06:18 AM
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Is "lack of fear of death" healthy? houseofcantor 12 1,577 28-01-2012 07:43 AM
Last Post: NeonMoment
  The love / fear duality houseofcantor 0 430 04-12-2011 08:43 PM
Last Post: houseofcantor