Your Input Appreciated

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2015, 08:06 PM
Your Input Appreciated
Hello everyone:
I am seeking input from everyone... I have a very important gig coming up in which I need to encompass music that appeals to as many people as possible and I need to build a good set list - I am probably appealing to those 20 something on up... I have FIVE HOURS to fill... (I know, long time, but many breaks hopefully.)
So, here is my question to everyone...
At a special event, be it a wedding, party, corporate event, or nice evening out, what song(s)/music would you most like to hear played on solo piano? ALL input welcome, satire included (because I like satire)... but serious input too please.
THANKS!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2015, 02:59 AM
RE: Your Input Appreciated
Solo piano? First songs that came to mind are "As Time Goes By," "Rhapsody in Blue," "Color My World" by Chicago, "Jumpin' at the Woodside" by Basie, "Old Time Rock and Roll" by Bob Seger, "My Old School" by Steely Dan, and "Steppin' Out" by Joe Jackson.

I particularly like Vince Guaraldi's "Linus and Lucy," but that's got such a strong association with A Charlie Brown Christmas that it might not be appropriate.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
12-02-2015, 03:40 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2015 03:57 AM by Nurse.)
"Taint/Ain't Nobody's Business"

Henry Gray "Finger Snappin' Boogie"

Thanks to Twilight, you could appeal to a lot of people with Claire de Lune and follow it up with Bella's Lullaby.

The Entertainer and Maple Leaf Rag never fail to put a smile on my face. Not sure if everyone likes ragtime music, though Consider

Edited to add videos

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
12-02-2015, 06:36 AM
(12-02-2015 02:59 AM)Astreja Wrote:  I particularly like Vince Guaraldi's "Linus and Lucy," but that's got such a strong association with A Charlie Brown Christmas that it might not be appropriate.

I was just listening to that last week. I love that song.
12-02-2015, 07:49 AM
For the 'everyone's pissed as farts and getting all reminiscenty' part of the evening... Erik Satie.

I like most of his stuff but for one that most people should know...