Your Potential Children and Kids

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2012, 06:45 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2012 06:58 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Your Potential Children and Kids
(12-08-2012 06:21 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  This does not compute. GirlyBeard is obviously your seed, but no way in hell you spawned that. ^

The fuck I didn't. There's a reason all the GirlyMen wear beards, Hellbound, it's so the heterosexuals don't get confused.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-08-2012, 07:25 PM
(12-08-2012 06:26 PM)aurora Wrote:  Nah, he works in warehouses with forklifts and stuff but like every parent I sorta wished he was more ambitious. As long as he's happy that's all that matters.

Hell yea - if he's happy, he'll start being ambitious in his own way. I'm betting he's the kind of guy who gets the job done - that's difficult to find these days! Wink

(12-08-2012 06:26 PM)aurora Wrote:  Good job on the fostering Thumbsup That can be a task and a half!!!

Thanks -ha- it is different. A lot of the time, fostering - depending on the situation, can be almost like glorified babysitting - there's a lot of restrictions. I always thought those kids would have been better off if they'd put their parents into the foster system right along with them! I only did it for ~5 years and left the program when the kids started trailing off, going back to their parents permanently. There were always more kids, but there are contract situations and a lot of red tape.

Kayla -was one of around four kids I took in. Some kids came and went, in and out of the foster system, pretty much whenever their parents did stupid shit. K stayed the longest collected time, so we got attached - you're not supposed to, but oh well. Her Mother had problems (too many) but K eventually went back with her and she's ok. We've lost track, but I've heard things. I know it's very different than having one's own. But it's nice to know she's out there and doing ok. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
12-08-2012, 07:48 PM
(12-08-2012 06:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Fair enough, but it ain't in the same tier as University of Maryland. And now she's back with $20K in student loan debt finishing out at Maryland. She could've avoided that $20K debt if she was thinking with more than just her goddam hormones. I mean the boyfriend's since been dumped. Kids, what you gonna do?

Oh... you mean she went to shitty Kansas for a guy? Nah... fuck that.

Well... shit, Shy hopefully, she's learned a $20K lesson.
One might continually remind her of that 20 fucking K!

Kidding aside ... you're little girl is a beauty... so, I'm willing to say it's your own damn fault for letting her out of your sight. kthnxbi. Tongue

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
12-08-2012, 07:53 PM
(12-08-2012 07:25 PM)kim Wrote:  
(12-08-2012 06:26 PM)aurora Wrote:  Nah, he works in warehouses with forklifts and stuff but like every parent I sorta wished he was more ambitious. As long as he's happy that's all that matters.

Hell yea - if he's happy, he'll start being ambitious in his own way. I'm betting he's the kind of guy who gets the job done - that's difficult to find these days! Wink

(12-08-2012 06:26 PM)aurora Wrote:  Good job on the fostering Thumbsup That can be a task and a half!!!

Thanks -ha- it is different. A lot of the time, fostering - depending on the situation, can be almost like glorified babysitting - there's a lot of restrictions. I always thought those kids would have been better off if they'd put their parents into the foster system right along with them! I only did it for ~5 years and left the program when the kids started trailing off, going back to their parents permanently. There were always more kids, but there are contract situations and a lot of red tape.

Kayla -was one of around four kids I took in. Some kids came and went, in and out of the foster system, pretty much whenever their parents did stupid shit. K stayed the longest collected time, so we got attached - you're not supposed to, but oh well. Her Mother had problems (too many) but K eventually went back with her and she's ok. We've lost track, but I've heard things. I know it's very different than having one's own. But it's nice to know she's out there and doing ok. Shy

You're right. I think in some ways fostering can be way harder than raising your own. There's a lot of second guessing as you haven't known them all their lives and all the idiosyncrasie's that go along with the child. Hard work (plus you can't slap them stupid when they fuck up! lol - joke)
And then the worst part is they then leave and can break your heart...

Cheers mate Thumbsup

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
12-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Your Potential Children and Kids
(12-08-2012 06:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-08-2012 06:21 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  This does not compute. GirlyBeard is obviously your seed, but no way in hell you spawned that. ^

The fuck I didn't. There's a reason all the GirlyMen wear beards, Hellbound, it's so the heterosexuals don't get confused.

Nah, not convinced. I've seen your fugly mug. I just have to assume Manly's God saw fit to make sure GirlyGirl got an extra dose of mom's looks and not so much of yours.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
12-08-2012, 09:29 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2012 10:09 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-08-2012 07:48 PM)kim Wrote:  Well... shit, Shy hopefully, she's learned a $20K lesson.
One might continually remind her of that 20 fucking K!

Fuck that, I'm the one who learned the fucking lesson, who the hell you think was cosigning that bullshit.

(12-08-2012 07:48 PM)kim Wrote:  Kidding aside ... you're little girl is a beauty... so, I'm willing to say it's your own damn fault for letting her out of your sight. kthnxbi. Tongue

Not my choice. .. It's all her. I got confidence.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-08-2012, 10:02 PM
Ahhh... Kids..

I have a single son myself .. 9 and 1/2 years now.

I remember 9 1/2 years ago tho.. as clear as it was yesterday. He was stubborn.. didnt' wanna come out on natural terms so they had to cut him out. Yes .. couple of very surreal moments that come back to my mind.. 1. the nurse in the operating room asking me if i needed to sit down.. (apparently i was pale and looked like i was going to pass out) I held my ground though.. never even waviered.
And 2. watching as the nurse wrapped that idenity band around his arm.. and around mine.. following them to the nursury center as they wieghed him.. cleaned him up.. my little man wasn't even crying.. just laying there.. chillin' like everything was cool and dandy.. It was then that I noticed the river of tears flowing down my own cheeks... and then it hit me.. I mean really smacked me in the face.. I loved that little guy! I really loved him.. WHOA! where did that come from... I just met the little man and already I'm willing to stand by his side, fight, and die to ensure his safety.. Like some switch that got flipped in my head that I never even knew was there..

Of course now being a typical father I guess... while I loved the little guy dearly.. he wasn't all that interesting at first.. pissin on me.. shitting on me.. spitting up on me.. his mother laughing as I shared in her demises... but now things are sooo much better.. I get to actually play the role of dad finally.. taking him camping.. teaching him things.. watching him experience stuff for the first time.. yes... good times right now.. good times.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 4 users Like ddrew's post
12-08-2012, 10:10 PM
(12-08-2012 10:02 PM)ddrew Wrote:  Ahhh... Kids..

Your son is single? Damn, Drew...you need to get that kid married! Tongue

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
12-08-2012, 10:17 PM
(12-08-2012 10:10 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(12-08-2012 10:02 PM)ddrew Wrote:  Ahhh... Kids..

Your son is single? Damn, Drew...you need to get that kid married! Tongue

ha ha.. he's a good lookin' kid.... going to have the women lining up...

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
12-08-2012, 10:23 PM
(12-08-2012 10:17 PM)ddrew Wrote:  
(12-08-2012 10:10 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Your son is single? Damn, Drew...you need to get that kid married! Tongue

ha ha.. he's a good lookin' kid.... going to have the women lining up...

He must've gotten that from his mother. Laughat

[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post