Your Science has become a false religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2013, 12:40 AM
RE: Your Science has become a false religion
(05-11-2013 12:35 AM)Chopdoc Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 12:09 AM)black_squirrel Wrote:  With some editing we could reduce the bible to some pretty
amusing 10 page short story, I think.

Graphic novel. Shocking

[Image: 2012-03-02.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like EvolutionKills's post
05-11-2013, 02:05 AM
(05-11-2013 12:09 AM)black_squirrel Wrote:  
(04-11-2013 09:28 PM)Raven11 Wrote:  Had no idea that verse was in the bible Shocking

With some editing we could reduce the bible to some pretty

Done...

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-available

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
05-11-2013, 08:18 AM
(05-11-2013 02:05 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 12:09 AM)black_squirrel Wrote:  With some editing we could reduce the bible to some pretty

Done...

I can't afford his book right yet so I'll be catching up on this thread. Yes, I am a bored dedicated soul. Blush

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
05-11-2013, 08:32 AM
(05-11-2013 08:18 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 02:05 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Done...

I can't afford his book right yet so I'll be catching up on this thread. Yes, I am a bored dedicated soul. Blush

I'm reading the thread too!
05-11-2013, 08:46 AM
How can anybody compare science with a religion? Science is about discovering new things and gaining knowledge, whether it be about the universe, life on Earth, etc. Unlike religion, science involves no worship whatsoever. In fact, science will always change when proven wrong. Religion, on the other hand - no matter how much of their claims are disproved - basically never changes (there are a few examples of this though. The Dalai Lama said “If scientific analysis conclusively showed that certain beliefs of Buddhism are false it would be necessary to accept those scientific discoveries and abandon those beliefs.”). In fact, creationists actually use this as a defense! They say "Science changes all the time, while we stick to our beliefs, so how can we trust science?" Really? So, in other words, it's better to remain ignorant of the truth and simply continue to stick to claims that have been proven as false? How is that defense? It boggles my mind.

If science is worthless and we should simply be worshiping a God, then I have a proposition for creationists: Throw out all the advances that science has made in medicine, then take 2,000 people - 1,000 creationists and 1,000 atheists - and infect them with Bubonic Plague. Give the atheists medical treatment and let the Creationists use only prayer, asking their god to save them and see who has the better survival rate.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes WindyCityJazz's post
05-11-2013, 08:53 AM
(05-11-2013 08:46 AM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  How can anybody compare science with a religion? Science is about discovering new things and gaining knowledge, whether it be about the universe, life on Earth, etc. Unlike religion, science involves no worship whatsoever. In fact, science will always change when proven wrong. Religion, on the other hand - no matter how much of their claims are disproved - basically never changes (there are a few examples of this though. The Dalai Lama said “If scientific analysis conclusively showed that certain beliefs of Buddhism are false it would be necessary to accept those scientific discoveries and abandon those beliefs.”). In fact, creationists actually use this as a defense! They say "Science changes all the time, while we stick to our beliefs, so how can we trust science?" Really? So, in other words, it's better to remain ignorant of the truth and simply continue to stick to claims that have been proven as false? How is that defense? It boggles my mind.

If science is worthless and we should simply be worshiping a God, then I have a proposition for creationists: Throw out all the advances that science has made in medicine, then take 2,000 people - 1,000 creationists and 1,000 atheists - and infect them with Bubonic Plague. Give the atheists medical treatment and let the Creationists use only prayer, asking their god to save them and see who has the better survival rate.

But we prayed and God helped man invent medicines! It all comes from God! Except for fossils. Those are the devil's work.

/sarcasm
[+] 2 users Like Colourcraze's post
05-11-2013, 09:01 AM
(05-11-2013 08:53 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 08:46 AM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  How can anybody compare science with a religion? Science is about discovering new things and gaining knowledge, whether it be about the universe, life on Earth, etc. Unlike religion, science involves no worship whatsoever. In fact, science will always change when proven wrong. Religion, on the other hand - no matter how much of their claims are disproved - basically never changes (there are a few examples of this though. The Dalai Lama said “If scientific analysis conclusively showed that certain beliefs of Buddhism are false it would be necessary to accept those scientific discoveries and abandon those beliefs.”). In fact, creationists actually use this as a defense! They say "Science changes all the time, while we stick to our beliefs, so how can we trust science?" Really? So, in other words, it's better to remain ignorant of the truth and simply continue to stick to claims that have been proven as false? How is that defense? It boggles my mind.

But we prayed and God helped man invent medicines! It all comes from God! Except for fossils. Those are the devil's work.

/sarcasm

Speaking of those, there a new one. Platy-zilla.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24807557

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
05-11-2013, 09:04 AM
Photo RE: Your Science has become a false religion
This seems as good a thread as any to use this response:
[Image: Aybabtu.png]

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
05-11-2013, 09:36 AM
Looks for something that the OP wrote in order to mock it out of existence.

First - your name. You need to change it to "Theguywhobelievesbullshitfornogoodreason"
I know, I know, it's too long. And frankly I hear that all too often.

Second your title would seem to show that you have no concept of 1) what a religion is and 2) what science is and or does

Behold, you are consumed in His glory! - (Sorry I have spell resistance and my initiative is a 1. I consume god before he can do anything)
His glory assaults you on every side!... (On every side of my stomach, because as I said before, he has been consumed - No save)

Even within, look, He is there! - (Not for much longer he's not. I have god eating acids in my stomach. I take a tums in advance of the gas that is sure to come)

For in you are all things written, in your very being, (Ya I know, cause I ate him)
Delicately etched there by The Right Hand of God... (Hey hey, no graffiti on my stomach lining. Hands just dissolved. That solves that)

Your god is a mental word game that you can't even win at.
My imagination is more powerful than your imagination
Why ? Because I said so Big Grin ^ (right there) ^

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
05-11-2013, 09:38 AM
(05-11-2013 09:01 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 08:53 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  But we prayed and God helped man invent medicines! It all comes from God! Except for fossils. Those are the devil's work.

/sarcasm

Speaking of those, there a new one. Platy-zilla.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24807557

For some reason this made me think of ROUSes. Consider
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post