Your TTA dinner party

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2017, 10:16 AM
RE: Your TTA dinner party
I never expected the thread to take this turn, how the hell did we end up here ? Shocking Sadcryface Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2017, 10:17 AM
(21-06-2017 10:13 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(21-06-2017 10:07 AM)jennybee Wrote:  So if the table starts simultaneously rising we'll know why Laugh out load
If we slap em on the top of the table it'll hold it steady while you girls pole dance for us. Laugh out load Big Grin

Screw that shit. Wink Get your asses up there and dance Laugh out load

[Image: magicmikesnl.gif?w=474]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
21-06-2017, 10:17 AM
(21-06-2017 10:16 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I never expected the thread to take this turn, how the hell did we end up here ? Shocking Sadcryface Wink

I dunno but I foresee a warning in 3...2...1...

Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
21-06-2017, 10:18 AM
Okay, time to dial it back...

So what should we serve for appetizers? main course? dessert? drinks?

21-06-2017, 10:24 AM
We gotta have a vegan and a vegetarian and a regular menu, I already suggested mine which is lobster bisque with malted brown rolls and butter for appetisers, a fish course of turbot or trout, prime rib of beef with all the trimmings chocolate pudding and cheese and crackers followed by port or liquors. Wine list please someone.
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
21-06-2017, 11:02 AM
The Biltmore Estate makes a rather nice scuppernong Riesling. For beer, we have a few local breweries, or just get my brother to make a custom beer for us.

Appetizers? Bruschetta. Maybe salmon puffs, something like that?

I'm not a big dessert guy, but tiramisu isn't hard. Or a good old-fashioned ice cream DIY setup.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
21-06-2017, 11:07 AM
I make a mean 5 layer salsa dip. And some yummy grilled veggie skewers. I can grill some marinated meat kebabs for you carnivores. And some yummy grilled pineapple. And potato salad. I'm thinking more cookout style since it's so hot out (at least here anyway). But we can posh it up by putting it on the good china Wink

[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
21-06-2017, 11:08 AM
(21-06-2017 11:07 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I make a mean 5 layer salsa dip. And some yummy grilled veggie skewers. I can grill some marinated meat kebabs for you carnivores. And some yummy grilled pineapple. And potato salad. I'm thinking more cookout style since it's so hot out (at least here anyway). But we can posh it up by putting it on the good china Wink

omg 5 layer dip sounds soooooo good. Drooling
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
21-06-2017, 11:14 AM
(21-06-2017 11:08 AM)Emma Wrote:  
(21-06-2017 11:07 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I make a mean 5 layer salsa dip. And some yummy grilled veggie skewers. I can grill some marinated meat kebabs for you carnivores. And some yummy grilled pineapple. And potato salad. I'm thinking more cookout style since it's so hot out (at least here anyway). But we can posh it up by putting it on the good china Wink

omg 5 layer dip sounds soooooo good. Drooling

It is very yum! I make two dips--one for vegans and one for meat/vegetarian people.

Get a pie plate...

First layer: Cream cheese (I use vegan)
Second layer: Salsa
Third layer: Green chilies
Fourth layer: Shredded cheese (I use vegan)
Fifth layer: Black olives

Bake in oven at 425 til cheese melts. Let it sit for a few after you take it out of oven so everything can kind of settle. Then get some tortilla chips and dig in Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
21-06-2017, 11:18 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post