Your Take on Life's Complexities

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2012, 06:01 PM
RE: Your Take on Life's Complexities
(24-10-2012 06:00 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(24-10-2012 05:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  Richard and I are part of the same Borg. Drinking Beverage

So I'm going to be assimilated?

You shall all be assimilated...except for Erxy...we don't think he's really Borg material.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-10-2012, 06:07 PM
(24-10-2012 06:01 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(24-10-2012 06:00 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  So I'm going to be assimilated?

You shall all be assimilated...except for Erxy...we don't think he's really Borg material.

That's what my parents told me but I never believed til now. Weeping

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
24-10-2012, 06:10 PM
(24-10-2012 06:01 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(24-10-2012 06:00 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  So I'm going to be assimilated?

Damn! You beat me to it again!

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-10-2012, 06:25 PM
(24-10-2012 05:47 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Look up a video on folding paper. It's virtual paper that is folded on a computer over a million times and when certain parameters are set, some highly complex structures arise.

Its amazing

Link?

24-10-2012, 06:25 PM
(24-10-2012 04:23 PM)Stick and Move Wrote:  I consider myself an atheist and have for some time. However, I often think of the intricacies in life, such as the complexity of the human body, and wonder if such things could truly be the product of coincidence or random mutation.

What are your thoughts?

I never have that thought. In my opinion, that just ruins the beauty and wonder of nature. We can hope to understand and learn about our world and the universe. It's real and that is what makes it so amazing. The moment someone says this beautiful wonderous thing is the creation of some God, I feel sad for that person and I feel they are missing something and not really apreciating nature for what it is.
24-10-2012, 07:15 PM
I am on my phone and not sure if I can paste the link. Search YouTube for
Ted talk Michael Hansmeyer - Building unimaginable shapes.

I hope this link works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsMCVMVT...ata_player

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
24-10-2012, 07:26 PM
(24-10-2012 07:15 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I am on my phone and not sure if I can paste the link. Search YouTube for
Ted talk Michael Hansmeyer - Building unimaginable shapes.

I hope this link works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsMCVMVT...ata_player
Very interesting! Thanks for the link. Smile

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
24-10-2012, 07:38 PM
What this video shows is that with a very simple process you can create a great deal of complexity and that very small changes can have a very dynamic effect on the outcome as each fold is made or in biology as each cell replicates.

Complexity of life is awesome but what I find even more amazing is the awareness we have of it.

Our brains create a virtual world that we call awareness. It uses the information it receives from our sensory organs - nerves with electrical signals shooting directly into the brain.

I also have to wonder if an ant is aware in the same way that I am ?
Does it view that small pebble the way I do ?

I don't know

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
24-10-2012, 07:40 PM
(24-10-2012 04:23 PM)Stick and Move Wrote:  I consider myself an atheist and have for some time. However, I often think of the intricacies in life, such as the complexity of the human body, and wonder if such things could truly be the product of coincidence or random mutation.

What are your thoughts?

I've never really wondered about the complexity of the human body since it's so similar to the complexity of many other animal bodies. The one area where we're very different -- and thus, made me wonder -- is "sentience" (or consciousness). And then I read Dan Dennett's book Kinds of Minds.

I agree with these guys... reading really turns that wonder into knowledge. Something as strange as a radio's workings only mystifies you until you understand how it works.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
24-10-2012, 10:30 PM
(24-10-2012 06:07 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(24-10-2012 06:01 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  You shall all be assimilated...except for Erxy...we don't think he's really Borg material.

That's what my parents told me but I never believed til now. Weeping

Yes, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But hey, even the Borg have to draw the line somewhere!

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post