Your biggest regret

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2015, 04:12 PM
RE: Your biggest regret
(05-06-2015 04:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(05-06-2015 04:02 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  I have many regrets, though I believe that dwelling on the past is not something healthy to do. Past can not be changed and thinking too much about it can only cause grief and pain.

I agree--you can only learn from it and move forward...

Certainly. While I do not ascribe to view that suffering refines, I would not be the same person without hardships of past, but dwelling on them is not something healthy to do. One however could learn and try to make sure that there would not be (so much?) regrets in the future.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
05-06-2015, 04:21 PM
I have no regrets. Regrets are what you have when your not happy with where you are in life. I have a great wife, 2 great sons, and everyone is healthy and happy. Sure, life isn't always perfect but if I went back and changed anything, even something bad, I may not be the same person with the same life.

So, no regrets for me.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
05-06-2015, 04:25 PM
(05-06-2015 04:21 PM)BnW Wrote:  I have no regrets. Regrets are what you have when your not happy with where you are in life. I have a great wife, 2 great sons, and everyone is healthy and happy. Sure, life isn't always perfect but if I went back and changed anything, even something bad, I may not be the same person with the same life.

So, no regrets for me.

I think you can still have past regrets but be happy where you are in life now. I think it's sometimes helpful to look back and say, I would have done such and such differently. That way you don't end up repeating the same mistake(s) again.
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
05-06-2015, 04:42 PM
I do not do 'regret'.

Life is too short.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
05-06-2015, 04:51 PM
No regrets as such.
Maybe a few things and choices I would do differently if I could. I can't change what has happened so no point in fretting about it. I'm happy.

What do you mean Life is short. It's the longest thing you're going to do.
[+] 2 users Like stevec's post
05-06-2015, 05:18 PM
(05-06-2015 04:42 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I do not do 'regret'.

Life is too short.

See my signature. Wink

What do you mean Life is short. It's the longest thing you're going to do.
05-06-2015, 05:26 PM
Only see it now after switching from mobile version. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
05-06-2015, 06:05 PM
Your biggest regret
Not taking the CIA job. No, not superspy stuff.

Not regret, but have thought about it: Not telling you-know-who how I felt about her. Though she did very well after she moved.
05-06-2015, 06:22 PM
(05-06-2015 04:25 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(05-06-2015 04:21 PM)BnW Wrote:  I have no regrets. Regrets are what you have when your not happy with where you are in life. I have a great wife, 2 great sons, and everyone is healthy and happy. Sure, life isn't always perfect but if I went back and changed anything, even something bad, I may not be the same person with the same life.

So, no regrets for me.

I think you can still have past regrets but be happy where you are in life now. I think it's sometimes helpful to look back and say, I would have done such and such differently. That way you don't end up repeating the same mistake(s) again.

But if I did such-and-such differently who knows who I am and what life is like. Our failures and mistakes are all part of the journey, they are all part of what defines us. I wouldn't change any of it. That doesn't mean I'm not retrospective and don't learn from mistakes. But, that is incremental. My point is, I have no regrets. It's all part of my journey to now. The good, the bad, the heartbreak, the triumphs. It all adds up to me today.

Why would I want to change any of it? No regrets. Ever. We do the best we can and we move forward.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
05-06-2015, 06:29 PM
No one regrets not having played the winning lottery numbers, huh? Dodgy

Laugh out load Tongue