Your biggest regret

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2015, 10:12 AM
RE: Your biggest regret
I feel like my regrets are the opposite of a lot of people. I wish I hadn't put my career on hold cranking out college credits when I have no reason to believe a degree will do anything for me. My career is going fine without it. My time is better spent on learning skills that are relevant to it.

I wish I hadn't tried so hard to make my first and only marriage work. All I accomplished was prolonging the inevitable and getting a little extra frustration out of it.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
06-06-2015, 03:01 PM
(05-06-2015 06:05 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Not taking the CIA job. No, not superspy stuff.

Not regret, but have thought about it: Not telling you-know-who how I felt about her. Though she did very well after she moved.

I tried talking my buddy into going into the Coast Guard with me.... He went to Langley instead.....

It was kinda fun though, calling him on the FTS (government phone network) and yakking --- and when the OPS boss asked me why I was talking to the CIA (they get "phone bills") -- I told him it was compartmentalized information and he wasn't on a "need to know" list......

Rumors flew....

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
06-06-2015, 03:10 PM
(06-06-2015 10:12 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I feel like my regrets are the opposite of a lot of people. I wish I hadn't put my career on hold cranking out college credits when I have no reason to believe a degree will do anything for me. My career is going fine without it. My time is better spent on learning skills that are relevant to it.

I wish I hadn't tried so hard to make my first and only marriage work. All I accomplished was prolonging the inevitable and getting a little extra frustration out of it.

I hear you. By no means is my regret about credits or career, just a squandered opportunity to take advantage of knowledge that was at my fingertips had I known at the time how much I would love to have it.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco