Your biggest regret

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2015, 01:52 PM
Question Your biggest regret
What is your biggest regret so far in life?

I regret never going to university. I went straight into a job from college, which was the right decision at the time as it landed me nearly a decade in good well paid job.

I've considered taking a distance learning degree to add to my qualifications, but I guess its also never going through the whole student experience as well.

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2015, 02:06 PM
RE: Your biggest regret
My biggest regret in life was letting religion run my life for as long as I did.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 6 users Like jennybee's post
05-06-2015, 02:15 PM
I probably would admit to regretting something if I thought about it long enough but offhand I would say nothing. Every decision has led me to where i am now and I love the person I have evolved into. Cheerio mateys! Thumbsup

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 3 users Like Tonechaser77's post
05-06-2015, 02:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2015 02:30 PM by TheBeardedDude.)
(05-06-2015 02:15 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  I probably would admit to regretting something if I thought about it long enough but offhand I would say nothing. Every decision has led me to where i am now and I love the person I have evolved into. Cheerio mateys! Thumbsup

That is kind of my opinion too. The accomplishments I have don't define me as well as any failings or missteps or fuck-ups do. Got to look for that silver-lining.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
05-06-2015, 02:22 PM
Answering the damn phone at 7:29AM this morning.
So much regret.
05-06-2015, 02:34 PM
I dunno. I regret a few things. I mean I know, I'd be a different person and all that. But I coulda deffo made some more enlightened choices. Starting with taking up a rather interesting offer a few years ago when I was young and foolish...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
05-06-2015, 02:54 PM
When my ex-wife was drowning, I threw her a rope, but it wasn't the one with the anchor on it.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
05-06-2015, 03:39 PM
I have one huge regret and it will never leave me.

This happened when I was in college. I still lived at home with my parents to save money on housing and since the college was two miles away it was very convenient. Anyway, I'm the youngest of 8 kids and even as I grew older was always treated like a kid by all my older siblings as well as my parents. My mom was a great gal and funny as hell but she kinda didn't want me to grow up. I think since I was her last child she just wouldn't to let go of me.

So one day we were discussing the Boston Strangler case and I took the view that he was mentally deranged and probably had no control over his actions, my mother felt he could have controlled himself. Well, this discussion went for several hours and heated up to the point that we were yelling at each other.

Then we came to blows.

We were pulling on each others hair, gritting our teeth, calling each other bitch and throwing lame punches at each other. Then for a split second........ we parted...................and for that tiny split second I wanted to laugh. I wanted to fall on the floor in a pile of laughter because women fighting looks so silly. It was hysterical, really. But goddamnit. Goddamnit, I didn't laugh. I went back into the fight.

If I had broken up laughing I know my mother would have followed suit. We had the same sense of humor. Of course, she and I knew what the fight was REALLY about and it wasn't about the Boston Strangler, it was about my autonomy and my independence. I had made my point and to continue was unnecessary.

I've always regretted not laughing. It would have saved a lot of heartache.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
05-06-2015, 04:02 PM
I have many regrets, though I believe that dwelling on the past is not something healthy to do. Past can not be changed and thinking too much about it can only cause grief and pain.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
05-06-2015, 04:04 PM
(05-06-2015 04:02 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  I have many regrets, though I believe that dwelling on the past is not something healthy to do. Past can not be changed and thinking too much about it can only cause grief and pain.

I agree--you can only learn from it and move forward...

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post