Your brain on acid (LSD)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2016, 08:06 PM
Your brain on acid (LSD)
Finally scientists started some contemporary research on LSD, which was banned after us hippies used it recreationally. I hope they don't forget to study it in conjunction with weed, which alters it considerably and was widely done, too.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/04/lsds-imp...ng-images/

Quote:The brain scans revealed that trippers experienced images through information drawn from many parts of their brains, and not just the visual cortex at the back of the head that normally processes visual information. Under the drug, regions once segregated spoke to one another.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
12-04-2016, 08:34 PM
RE: Your brain on acid (LSD)
Makes sense to me. I wonder what ultra-low doses can do for some diseases?
12-04-2016, 09:50 PM
(12-04-2016 08:34 PM)skyking Wrote:  Makes sense to me. I wonder what ultra-low doses can do for some diseases?

I just read somewhere (can't remember where now) about a study using micro-doses of LSD to treat some types of depression.
12-04-2016, 09:55 PM
I, um, wouldn't know anything about my brain on acid...I'll just let myself out...thanks. Blush

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-04-2016, 10:57 PM
MDMA plus LSD makes for quite the happy, colorful experience...

I found LSD quite interesting as far as sober perception of reality is concerned. Really shines a light on how we can each be present for the same event and get three very different interpretations. Also the whole...mind body connection. I don't know how you could trip and still believe in duality with the way everything melts together.

I have a friend who has synesthesia - she sees sound. That happens when you trip. I'd be interested to study the relationship between the two.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
13-04-2016, 06:51 AM
(12-04-2016 09:50 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(12-04-2016 08:34 PM)skyking Wrote:  Makes sense to me. I wonder what ultra-low doses can do for some diseases?

I just read somewhere (can't remember where now) about a study using micro-doses of LSD to treat some types of depression.

Yes, depression is one of the possible applications. There are many possibilities, a lot more study is needed.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-04-2016, 10:02 AM
(12-04-2016 10:57 PM)Nurse Wrote:  MDMA plus LSD makes for quite the happy, colorful experience...

I found LSD quite interesting as far as sober perception of reality is concerned. Really shines a light on how we can each be present for the same event and get three very different interpretations. Also the whole...mind body connection. I don't know how you could trip and still believe in duality with the way everything melts together.

I have a friend who has synesthesia - she sees sound. That happens when you trip. I'd be interested to study the relationship between the two.

You know someone with synesthesia? Thats so cool! I would ask them so many questions! Lol
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
13-04-2016, 11:29 AM
(13-04-2016 10:02 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(12-04-2016 10:57 PM)Nurse Wrote:  MDMA plus LSD makes for quite the happy, colorful experience...

You know someone with synesthesia? Thats so cool! I would ask them so many questions! Lol

"What does A-minor look like?"

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
13-04-2016, 04:58 PM
75mg injected is a hell of a dose for something that usually measures in mcg orally.

[Image: lsd_1.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-04-2016, 03:29 PM
(13-04-2016 04:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  75mg injected is a hell of a dose for something that usually measures in mcg orally.

[Image: lsd_1.jpg]

Wait. Look at the placebo brain. That's what I find amazing. I've never had the slightest interest in drugs and LSD. I don't understand it's appeal. [/i]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.