Your brain on acid (LSD)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2016, 03:38 PM
RE: Your brain on acid (LSD)
Can it make me forget ... uh ... remember ... umm ... Can it remember the '70s like I would?

Or something. I forget.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2016, 04:41 PM
(14-04-2016 03:38 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Can it make me forget ... uh ... remember ... umm ... Can it remember the '70s like I would?

Or something. I forget.

I know guys with no ability to string words together to make a sentence after their drug escapades in the '60s and '70s. I have no interest in having my mind go on a trip and not find its way back. Saw that too, when I taught high school.
Find all posts by this user
14-04-2016, 05:00 PM
(14-04-2016 04:41 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(14-04-2016 03:38 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Can it make me forget ... uh ... remember ... umm ... Can it remember the '70s like I would?

Or something. I forget.

I know guys with no ability to string words together to make a sentence after their drug escapades in the '60s and '70s. I have no interest in having my mind go on a trip and not find its way back. Saw that too, when I taught high school.

I did a LOT of acid back then for about a year. A LOT. It fascinated me. I was lucky, I got good quality and proper dosage, basically you never knew what you got, it was blind trust. That is one thing that was very wrong with it, a lot of the stuff was cut with other drugs.

For that reason, even things you saw happening and took as result of LSD may not be that at all.

So, it's about time to do actual research on it.

Thing is, even though I made plenty use of it, I can't really describe to you what it does. Hallucinations were a small part of it for me, and only occurred when I willed them to. The fascination I had with it was that I experienced things from a different point of view, and in some things a lot more clearly.

Anyway, I am glad it is finally being tested and therapeutic value is being determined.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
14-04-2016, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 14-04-2016 06:12 PM by GirlyMan.)
(14-04-2016 04:41 PM)Fireball Wrote:  

Or something. I forget.

It's pretty simple. You ask "On belay?" and if you don't hear HoC or someone yelling "Belay on!" you don't go spelunking the abyss today.

I know a guy who went from being the Gypsy - the Acid Queen in High School some 35 years ago to a Fellow in the Society of Actuaries and VP in charge of actuaries for MetLife Pacific. I myself have experienced the "I am the lizard king. I can do anything." state of being. Some people are interested in exploring the boundaries and limits of the doors of perception and some aren't. No biggie.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-04-2016, 05:54 PM
I'll have to amend my previous post a little. I only know a few people who have done acid. The ones who are really zorched inhaled cleaning fluid fumes, gasoline vapors and shit like that. No
14-04-2016, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 14-04-2016 06:13 PM by GirlyMan.)
(14-04-2016 05:54 PM)Fireball Wrote:  The ones who are really zorched inhaled cleaning fluid fumes, gasoline vapors and shit like that. No

Huffers are fucked. They are addicted to a loss of oxygen in the brain more than anything else. Not a good addiction. They gonna die.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-04-2016, 06:16 PM
And LSD is not in the least bit addictive. There came the day for all of us where it just had lost it's attraction. Nothing left to explore.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-04-2016, 06:23 PM
(14-04-2016 05:00 PM)Dom Wrote:  Thing is, even though I made plenty use of it, I can't really describe to you what it does. Hallucinations were a small part of it for me, and only occurred when I willed them to. The fascination I had with it was that I experienced things from a different point of view, and in some things a lot more clearly.

It is nearly impossible to describe. I didn't do a lot of it but did notice that different kinds had different effects. I recall a night taking blotter that was a whole other experience!

One night I took some acid prior to going to see the movie Jeremiah Johnson...we are talking early-mid 70s here...I still cannot watch that movie. It screws with my head too much...I can't explain that either. My memories (LSD altered as they were) and watching the movie straight confuses my brain. I have tried to watch it many times over the years and it actually causes anxiety and I have to stop. Music I listened to while tripping doesn't have the same ill effect...it seems to be just the visual.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
14-04-2016, 06:33 PM
(14-04-2016 05:00 PM)Dom Wrote:  basically you never knew what you got, it was blind trust. That is one thing that was very wrong with it, a lot of the stuff was cut with other drugs.

It still is. A friend's 17 year old cousin overdosed on what he thought was LSD that turned out to be something else.

They even named a law after him: Landon's Law.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
14-04-2016, 07:11 PM
(14-04-2016 06:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(14-04-2016 05:00 PM)Dom Wrote:  Thing is, even though I made plenty use of it, I can't really describe to you what it does. Hallucinations were a small part of it for me, and only occurred when I willed them to. The fascination I had with it was that I experienced things from a different point of view, and in some things a lot more clearly.

It is nearly impossible to describe. I didn't do a lot of it but did notice that different kinds had different effects. I recall a night taking blotter that was a whole other experience!

One night I took some acid prior to going to see the movie Jeremiah Johnson...we are talking early-mid 70s here...I still cannot watch that movie. It screws with my head too much...I can't explain that either. My memories (LSD altered as they were) and watching the movie straight confuses my brain. I have tried to watch it many times over the years and it actually causes anxiety and I have to stop. Music I listened to while tripping doesn't have the same ill effect...it seems to be just the visual.

Every trip is totally different - even on the exact same type of acid. There really should not have been any variations - there is only one LSD. It all depends on the stimuli you receive while tripping...

Dunno what's up with the movie, I never watched one while on LSD.