14-04-2016, 07:29 PM
Big Grin RE: Your brain on acid (LSD)

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2016, 07:35 PM
RE: Your brain on acid (LSD)
(14-04-2016 07:11 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(14-04-2016 06:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It is nearly impossible to describe. I didn't do a lot of it but did notice that different kinds had different effects. I recall a night taking blotter that was a whole other experience!

One night I took some acid prior to going to see the movie Jeremiah Johnson...we are talking early-mid 70s here...I still cannot watch that movie. It screws with my head too much...I can't explain that either. My memories (LSD altered as they were) and watching the movie straight confuses my brain. I have tried to watch it many times over the years and it actually causes anxiety and I have to stop. Music I listened to while tripping doesn't have the same ill effect...it seems to be just the visual.

Every trip is totally different - even on the exact same type of acid. There really should not have been any variations - there is only one LSD. It all depends on the stimuli you receive while tripping...

Dunno what's up with the movie, I never watched one while on LSD.

I took the blotter while walking in our Homecoming parade after the bonfire. A lot of physical activity and a lot of different things going on.

The movie experience was just sitting in a theater surrounded by the sights and sounds of the movie...a much more controlled input environment. All I know is that I will never know what really happened in that movie. For me, there were special effects that I know didn't exist at the time. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
14-04-2016, 08:00 PM
(14-04-2016 07:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  For me, there were special effects that I know didn't exist at the time. Undecided

You know, I don't think the hallucinations are really hallucinations. The recent research shows that areas of the brain interact that usually don't - possibly meaning that we actually just add perceptions we usually ignore or don't connect.

Like seeing sound - after learning my way around the drug I could do this when I wanted to. I can only imagine what a movie might look like if you insert visuals for the sound... the sound is still the same, but your perception has widened to include visuals. I don't know that movie either, but if it has music geared toward heightening anticipation etc., I can well imagine the visual effects you might have seen...and it could be disturbing.

In real life, seeing all sound would be totally distracting and pointless, so our brain doesn't utilize that ability. But we do have the occasional person who does so naturally...

I wouldn't take acid today - not even if I was guaranteed purity of the drug. But it sure was interesting at the time.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-04-2016, 08:08 PM
Man. All the awesome sex I had while tripping...my world splashed into turquoise paisley ocean.

Sooooo much art makes so much more sense now.

I got a lot of personal insight from it, it would have taken years of therapy to gain that much.
For example, it did a lot for me in realizing I didn't identify with anywhere as home, that I've moved so much I don't have a childhood home, that my apartment was not a home, it was a 625 sq ft space with walls and a ceiling. I went looking for pictures in storage to put around my apartment after that and changed the gps for my phone to "home." I realized I didn't belong there, but needed to make the best of it until I could move.

Another time I got lost inside myself into the black velvet abyss, which was rather insightful. I had stopped interacting with the world around me (in the sober world) and needed to be a part of it, integrate myself, touch things, experience things, not just take up space and feel like I'm out of place everywhere. I used to be very outgoing and I lost myself. I'm getting back to that happy go lucky girl who was optimistic about the world - my coworkers make comments about me being happy and bouncy and one even used the word extrovert - that's how I used to be described, but it's been years. So nice to be healing.

The last time Jesus fuck...talk about completely dissociating...I don't even know where to begin, but Salvador Dali in a desert expanding the dimension is about as close as I can get. That's the time I really started to understand perception and its effect on each our personal realities. I thought my ex boyfriend was crying when he made a pouty face when he realized he couldn't eat the snickers ice cream bar he had in the freezer (I'm so allergic to nuts I can't be kissed for several hours after).

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
14-04-2016, 08:16 PM
I'm done with it for now - too much of a risk for me at this point. It served its purpose. I sowed my wild oats. Plus I'm not computer savvy enough.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
20-04-2016, 06:37 PM
[Image: yDH7dJw.gif]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
20-04-2016, 07:04 PM
Laugh out load

[Image: tumblr_n7ukivPLnd1rrq6yfo1_r1_250.gif]

Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
20-04-2016, 08:48 PM
[Image: Pnj2UjF.jpg]

[Image: Rg7Yequ.jpg]

[Image: 5YsjHLb.gif]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
20-04-2016, 10:03 PM
(20-04-2016 08:48 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  [Image: Pnj2UjF.jpg]

[Image: Rg7Yequ.jpg]

[Image: 5YsjHLb.gif]

When I opened this post, Black Sabbath "The Writ" started playing. All that laughing was a perfect accompaniment. Shocking
20-04-2016, 10:44 PM
Carlos dropped acid 20 minutes before this show. He did not expect to go until much later. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.