Your bullshit quote of the week.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2015, 09:51 PM
RE: Your bullshit quote of the week.
(03-02-2015 09:45 PM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  I'm sorry this thread is for bullshit posts not favorites.oops

That’s bullshit!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
04-02-2015, 10:46 AM
(03-02-2015 07:19 PM)zachzachzachzach Wrote:  "If growing up in God is not your priority, then you are destined to repeat every situation and every test you face."
-Graham Cooke

Fixed:

"If growing up in God is or is not your priority, then you are destined to repeat every situation and every test you face, should you refuse to repent and change."

Other:

"Well, before I begin speaking, I'd like to say something." - Ronald Reagan

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-02-2015, 11:21 AM
Anything by Q. Take you pick, they're all bullshit.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
04-02-2015, 11:38 AM
Q could you do me a favor and punch yourself in the face, please?
[+] 3 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
04-02-2015, 11:53 AM
(04-02-2015 10:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 07:19 PM)zachzachzachzach Wrote:  "If growing up in God is not your priority, then you are destined to repeat every situation and every test you face."
-Graham Cooke

Fixed:

"If growing up in God is or is not your priority, then you are destined to repeat every situation and every test you face, should you refuse to repent and change."

Other:

Repent for what exactly and to whom?
I have apologized to those people I have offended as a matter of course throughout my life.
I don't subscribe to being burdened or held accountable by the actions of others so I won't be asking forgiveness for, say, any shit you might do or what some mythological forefathers are accused of doing.

What a sad, sad life people like you lead always feeling guilty or remorseful for perceived accountability for a wrong you did not commit, being repentant to a being that doesn't exist for a transgression that never occurred.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
04-02-2015, 01:09 PM
How about all the football players who claim God's assistance/guidance in winning the Super Bowl?

I always wonder how that goes over with pediatric cancer patients. Do they wonder if God's favor is well spent on the winning team?

"The truth must dazzle gradually / or every man be blind." Emily Dickinson
05-02-2015, 03:20 PM
(04-02-2015 11:53 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(04-02-2015 10:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Fixed:

Other:

Repent for what exactly and to whom?
I have apologized to those people I have offended as a matter of course throughout my life.
I don't subscribe to being burdened or held accountable by the actions of others so I won't be asking forgiveness for, say, any shit you might do or what some mythological forefathers are accused of doing.

What a sad, sad life people like you lead always feeling guilty or remorseful for perceived accountability for a wrong you did not commit, being repentant to a being that doesn't exist for a transgression that never occurred.

Repent means "change your mind". While I encourage you to repent about Jesus, in context I'm referring to the mistakes any Christian or atheist will repeat unless they change their mind, then change their behavior.

Then again, many of you at TTA don't believe in free will, and would you say you cannot, therefore, repent on your own, of anything.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-2015, 03:33 PM
(05-02-2015 03:20 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(04-02-2015 11:53 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Repent for what exactly and to whom?

Repent means "change your mind". While I encourage you to repent about Jesus, in context I'm referring to the mistakes any Christian or atheist will repeat unless they change their mind, then change their behavior.

Then again, many of you at TTA don't believe in free will, and would you say you cannot, therefore, repent on your own, of anything.

Of course YOU can also change YOUR mind and behavior.
Seeing as how just about everything you say is fucked up, third-person, stupid, this could be a good move for you.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
05-02-2015, 03:42 PM
(05-02-2015 03:20 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Repent means "change your mind".

No, it doesn't. And I'm really surprised, given your self-claimed extensive knowledge about Christianity, that you wouldn't know that it means to be sorry or contrite for sins or prior conduct. Look it up.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
05-02-2015, 04:35 PM
(05-02-2015 03:20 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(04-02-2015 11:53 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Repent for what exactly and to whom?

OK.

However I’m using it as highlighted below.

Dictionary

1 repent
verb re·pent \ri-ˈpent\
: to feel or show that you are sorry for something bad or wrong that you did and that you want to do what is right

intransitive verb
: to turn from sin and dedicate oneself to the amendment of one's life
a : to feel regret or contrition
b : to change one's mind
transitive verb
: to cause to feel regret or contrition
: to feel sorrow, regret, or contrition for