Your bullshit quote of the week.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2015, 05:11 PM
RE: Your bullshit quote of the week.
(05-02-2015 04:35 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Dictionary

1 repent
verb re·pent \ri-ˈpent\
: to feel or show that you are sorry for something bad or wrong that you did and that you want to do what is right

intransitive verb
: to turn from sin and dedicate oneself to the amendment of one's life
a : to feel regret or contrition
b : to change one's mind
transitive verb
: to cause to feel regret or contrition
: to feel sorrow, regret, or contrition for

I guess I technically stand corrected since 2b supports Q's definition. Nonetheless, I have never before heard a Christian use the term that way. The ones you bolded are the ones that Christians typically mean.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2015, 05:18 PM
bullshit quote of the week.
These aren't MINE, nevertheless I have no problem responding to them....

"...Noah didn't have to search or travel to far away places to bring all the animals on board. The world map was completely different before the flood...there may have only been one continent...the animals simply arrived at the Ark as if called by a 'homing instinct'...and marched up the ramp, all by themselves."

The first world map wasn't even constructed when the flood was alleged to have taken place you ninny. Were the animals divinely constipated as well, so Noah didn't have to shovel crap all day and night for nearly a year?

"If God doesn't exist, how is it possible that 1 meter is exactly 100 centimeters and that water boils at exactly 100 degrees Celsius?"

Speechless....you my friend are first in line for the Darwin Award of the year...for every year, until the universe ceases to exist.
05-02-2015, 05:22 PM
(05-02-2015 05:18 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  "If God doesn't exist, how is it possible that 1 meter is exactly 100 centimeters and that water boils at exactly 100 degrees Celsius?"

Who the actual fuck said that? Shocking Facepalm Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-2015, 06:24 PM
Quote:I feel Jesus's love flow through me. I am a Christian, but I am not religious...

... a friend whom I often enjoy the cat'n'mouse debate over who is correct.... Wink [/quote]

I Think; Therefore I Am....
...or is it the other way around?
[Image: b.gif]
Bunny's Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-2015, 06:47 PM
"Peace be upon him".

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities.--Voltaire.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." --Thomas Paine.
05-02-2015, 07:15 PM
(05-02-2015 06:47 PM)666wannabe Wrote:  "Peace be upon him".

Read your sig:
"Why would God give us a brain and then tell us not to use it?--Anonymous

Read Tonechaser’s quote:
"If God doesn't exist, how is it possible that 1 meter is exactly 100 centimeters and that water boils at exactly 100 degrees Celsius?"

Apparently many people are following His instructions.

[Image: xC5RnF6.gif]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
06-02-2015, 11:01 AM
(05-02-2015 05:18 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  "If God doesn't exist, how is it possible that 1 meter is exactly 100 centimeters and that water boils at exactly 100 degrees Celsius?"

I'm surprised that someone this uneducated has even heard of centimeters and Celsius. Facepalm

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
06-02-2015, 11:24 AM
If God were real the distance to the Sun would have been 100 million miles and not 93 million. Checkmate theists!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
06-02-2015, 11:38 AM
(05-02-2015 05:18 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  These aren't MINE, nevertheless I have no problem responding to them....

Please, for the love of what little sanity there is on this planet, tell me that's not a real quote from someone....

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
06-02-2015, 12:17 PM
(05-02-2015 05:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Who the actual fuck said that? Shocking Facepalm Weeping

Gawd must be a numbers guy - no wonder I didn't ever 'get' the whole gawd thing. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?