Your cooking recipes...hints and tips.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2015, 08:03 PM
RE: Your cooking recipes...hints and tips.
I'm cooking for the next five or so days, planning for leftovers. I'll be making quesadillas with chicken, green onions, cilantro, tomatoes, chopped garlic, green bell pepper, and of course lots of cheese.

I'll also be chopping up a Greek salad, with a little salame, chicken, pepperoncini, cucumber, fresh basil, tomatoes, red onion, garlic, and spinach. Some cubed feta into it, and you have a nice dish that will bite you back, especially if you top it with a dressing of a good red wine (merlot or cabernet) and olive oil mixed 2:1 wine:olive oil, with fresh-ground black pepper in the dressing, and perhaps some fresh oregano too?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2015, 08:07 PM
(16-10-2015 08:03 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm cooking for the next five or so days, planning for leftovers. I'll be making quesadillas with chicken, green onions, cilantro, tomatoes, chopped garlic, green bell pepper, and of course lots of cheese.

I'll also be chopping up a Greek salad, with a little salame, chicken, pepperoncini, cucumber, fresh basil, tomatoes, red onion, garlic, and spinach. Some cubed feta into it, and you have a nice dish that will bite you back, especially if you top it with a dressing of a good red wine (merlot or cabernet) and olive oil mixed 2:1 wine:olive oil, with fresh-ground black pepper in the dressing, and perhaps some fresh oregano too?

You're a good wife.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-10-2015, 08:14 AM
The cup....quite simply the most ridiculous unit of measurement conceived ever ever ever ! Not only are there cups in all manner of shapes and sizes even if one size is agreed the quantities vary according to the contents eg one cup of cornmeal does not weigh the same as one cup fine flour ! The cup makes about as much sense as a unit of measurement as religion, does my head in !!!!!
25-10-2015, 09:01 AM
(25-10-2015 08:14 AM)adey67 Wrote:  The cup....quite simply the most ridiculous unit of measurement conceived ever ever ever ! Not only are there cups in all manner of shapes and sizes even if one size is agreed the quantities vary according to the contents eg one cup of cornmeal does not weigh the same as one cup fine flour ! The cup makes about as much sense as a unit of measurement as religion, does my head in !!!!!

I just eyeball measurements, which is probably why my cooking tastes like shit Laugh out load
25-10-2015, 09:04 AM
(25-10-2015 09:01 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 08:14 AM)adey67 Wrote:  The cup....quite simply the most ridiculous unit of measurement conceived ever ever ever ! Not only are there cups in all manner of shapes and sizes even if one size is agreed the quantities vary according to the contents eg one cup of cornmeal does not weigh the same as one cup fine flour ! The cup makes about as much sense as a unit of measurement as religion, does my head in !!!!!

I just eyeball measurements, which is probably why my cooking tastes like shit Laugh out load

Go metric Jen much better. Hows things going with you btw ?
25-10-2015, 09:05 AM
(25-10-2015 09:04 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 09:01 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I just eyeball measurements, which is probably why my cooking tastes like shit Laugh out load

Go metric Jen much better. Hows things going with you btw ?

I'm doing okay, how about you?
25-10-2015, 09:08 AM
[Image: 1358019235-0.jpg]

Thread derail rerailed with cheese.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
25-10-2015, 09:08 AM
(25-10-2015 09:05 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 09:04 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Go metric Jen much better. Hows things going with you btw ?

I'm doing okay, how about you?

So so, my wife's in hospital with cardiac problems but she isn't interested in any contact really makes me sad
25-10-2015, 09:12 AM
(25-10-2015 09:08 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 09:05 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm doing okay, how about you?

So so, my wife's in hospital with cardiac problems but she isn't interested in any contact really makes me sad

I'm sorry, I hope she'll be okay. Hug
25-10-2015, 09:17 AM
(25-10-2015 09:12 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 09:08 AM)adey67 Wrote:  So so, my wife's in hospital with cardiac problems but she isn't interested in any contact really makes me sad

I'm sorry, I hope she'll be okay. Hug

Thanks Jenny I could understand it if I had been an abusive SOB but I wasn't.