Your cooking recipes...hints and tips.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2015, 09:21 AM
RE: Your cooking recipes...hints and tips.
(25-10-2015 09:17 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 09:12 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm sorry, I hope she'll be okay. Hug

Thanks Jenny I could understand it if I had been an abusive SOB but I wasn't.

She is going through a lot. I know it's hard, but try not to take it personally.

On a side note, while I don't think your posts or my posts are "cheese"--we should probably talk about this in another thread because this one's for cooking Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2015, 09:29 AM
(25-10-2015 09:21 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 09:17 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Thanks Jenny I could understand it if I had been an abusive SOB but I wasn't.

She is going through a lot. I know it's hard, but try not to take it personally.

On a side note, while I don't think your posts or my posts are "cheese"--we should probably talk about this in another thread because this one's for cooking Big Grin
True but I do have a question, I understand you are a vegan , now vegetarian I can kinda understand in fact as an animal lover I often think I should be one but vegan..no animal products at all no eggs or cheese this I struggle to understand is it because of health or conviction and is the diet very limiting ?
25-10-2015, 09:34 AM
(25-10-2015 09:29 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 09:21 AM)jennybee Wrote:  She is going through a lot. I know it's hard, but try not to take it personally.

True but I do have a question, I understand you are a vegan , now vegetarian I can kinda understand in fact as an animal lover I often think I should be one but vegan..no animal products at all no eggs or cheese this I struggle to understand is it because of health or conviction and is the diet very limiting ?

I don't like the taste of meat and I love animals. I don't find it hard to be vegan at all.
25-10-2015, 09:44 AM
(25-10-2015 09:34 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 09:29 AM)adey67 Wrote:  True but I do have a question, I understand you are a vegan , now vegetarian I can kinda understand in fact as an animal lover I often think I should be one but vegan..no animal products at all no eggs or cheese this I struggle to understand is it because of health or conviction and is the diet very limiting ?

I don't like the taste of meat and I love animals. I don't find it hard to be vegan at all.
I get ya, without my dog I would be dead she's so wonderful Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
25-10-2015, 09:45 AM
(16-10-2015 08:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You're a good wife.

A man who can't feed himself ain't much of a man, I don't reckon.

I like a good woman, but not for kitchen-work.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
25-10-2015, 03:28 PM
Your cooking recipes...hints and tips.
I love cooking. One girlfriend couldn't cook worth a damn so I regularly had her sit down or chop things while I cooked. My favorite dish is probably spanakopita. (There's a story behind learning about that dish.)

I love slow cookers. I made an awesome Salisbury steak in one. It was awesome.

My cooking tip is get a slow cooker.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
25-10-2015, 03:31 PM
I didn't get this spare tire by being a shitty cook..............

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
03-01-2017, 02:51 PM
Normally my family spends holidays in our cozy home in Vence, France and I often grill beef tenderloins in the back yard. My tips for grilled beef tenderloins are herbes de provence: rosemary, thyme, marjoram, and oregano, etc. I mix them with garlic and olive oil, and apply the paste all over beef tenderloin steaks. The smoke from the herbs permeates into the steak plus good cabernet sauvignon and merlot making it tastes fantastic! The herbs are sold on local markets and we always add them when cooking meat. I love it there, the landscape and the local food are gorgeous (if you don’t know what it looks like, see for example here https://tranio.com/france/provence-alpes...r/vence/).
Try yourself and enjoy.
[+] 1 user Likes Alex222's post
06-07-2017, 04:13 PM
Is... this a thing? Blink

[Image: 2fe026252134ab186c3ab395469b8107.jpg]

09-07-2017, 12:38 AM
In the "cooking tips" department, you can improve just about any cookie recipe by doing the following:
  • No matter what the recipe says, bake the cookies at 325F or lower (shortbread prefers 300F). You may have to bake each batch 2 or 3 minutes longer, but it's worth it.
  • Instead of greasing the pan, put a sheet of parchment paper (not wax paper) on it. When the cookies come out of the oven, place the cooling rack on top of the cookies upside-down, then take hold of both the pan and the rack and flip the whole thing over. Cookies will now be upside-down on the cooling rack, and all you have to do is lift off the pan and peel off the parchment paper.
  • I use unsalted butter instead of shortening or margarine, with a couple of exceptions. I prefer the taste of shortening in sugar cookies (mainly because that's how I made them when I was a kid), and lard (yes, lard!) is traditional for Chinese almond cookies. I'm about to experiment with the almond cookie recipe and see if they'll work with shortening, mostly to make them vegetarian-friendly.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post