Your cooking recipes...hints and tips.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2014, 08:12 PM
RE: Your cooking recipes...hints and tips.
Fried spider:

ingredients
2 cups canola or vegetable oil
2 frozen adult Texas brown, Chilean rose, or similar-sized tarantulas, thawed
1 cup tempura batter
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
preparation

In a deep saucepan or deep-fat fryer, heat the oil to 350°F.

With a sharp knife, sever and discard the abdomens from the two tarantulas. Singe off any of the spider's body hairs with a crème brûlée torch or butane cigarette lighter.

Dip each spider into the tempura batter to thoroughly coat. Use a slotted spoon or your hands to make sure each spider is spread-eagled (so to speak) and not clumped together before dropping it into the hot oil.

Deep-fry the spiders, one at a time, until the batter is lightly browned, about 1 minute. Remove each spider from the oil and place it on paper towels to drain.

Use a sharp knife to cut each spider in two lengthwise. Sprinkle with the paprika and serve. Encourage your guests to try the legs first and, if still hungry, to nibble on the meat-filled mesothorax, avoiding the spider’s paired fangs, which are tucked away in the head region.

[Image: hyena_icon_large_by_griffsnuff-d3juy9l.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2014, 05:13 PM
(09-04-2014 07:10 PM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  Chocolate bark

Ingredients
A bag of chocolate chips that are usually used in baking cookies.
Hard candy of your choice, smashed into small chunks and powder. Make it about four regular sized lollipops that don't have the gun in the middle.

Melt the chocolate and stir in 3/4 of the smashed hard candy. Spread the chocolate out over a sheet of parchment paper. Sprinkle the rest of the candy on top of it for looks. Put the sheet into the refrigerator to hasten the cooling of the chocolate.

The chocolate will melt in your hands, but you can put whatever flavor you want in there.

Facepalm I meant gum, and not gun. A gun would be too greasy.
[+] 1 user Likes Lienda Bella's post
14-04-2014, 10:18 PM
I've cooked for as long as I can remember. Don't buy a bread making machine. If you want hardware, buy a kitchen aid mixer with a dough hook. I made bread every other day in college because it was cheaper than buying it. Although probably not true anymore, you can control what you eat when making your own anything.
16-08-2014, 04:44 AM
Mansikkalumi (Finnish)
Strawberry snow

To serve 6 to 8.

2 Cups fresh strawberries
1/2 cup sugar
4 egg whites
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, stiffly whipped.
12-16 whole strawberries.

With the back of a large spoon, rub the fresh strawberries through a fine sieve into a small mixing bowl. Stir into this puree the 1/2 cup sugar a little bit at a time.

Using a balloon wire whisk, beat the egg whites and salt vigorously in a large bowl (preferably a unlined copper) until the whites are still enough to form unwavering peaks when the beater is lifted out of the bowl.

With a gentle under-over cutting motion rather then a stirring motion, use a rubber spatula to fold first the strawberry puree and then the whipped cream into the egg whites. Pour the snow into an attactive serving bowl, or individual dessert bowls or whine glass and decorate with the whole strawberries left over. This can be served at once or refrigerated for a few hours and served later in the day.

Psalm 14:1 - There is NO God!