Your cooking recipes...hints and tips.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2012, 07:53 PM
RE: Your cooking recipes...hints and tips.
(18-04-2012 02:42 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Dom, that's a killer looking outdoor kitchen. I'm starting one myself this year. Any tips?

Hey, I missed that post. Did you build it yet?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Creamy Garlic Mushroom Sauce (great on any type of meat or vege and a great pasta sauce too)

2 Tblspns butter
2 cups sliced mushrooms (any type)
2 diced spring onions (or half of any type of onion)
1 clove of garlic (crushed)
1 chicken stock cube (or jellified stock)
300ml thickened cream
1 teaspoon cornflour mixed with 30mls water (to thicken sauce)

Saute garlic, mushrooms and spring onions in butter in pan until cooked
Add cream and stock and stir until combined
Add cornflour mixture a little at a time whilst stirring until sauce thickens to desired consistency.....serve

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
20-08-2012, 01:41 PM
One serious recipe and one not serious recipe.

Whiskey Ramen noodles

1. Take a sip of whiskey
2. put noodle in boiling water
3. take another sip of whiskey
4. strain noodles and prepare to serve
5. take yet another sip of whiskey
6. throw away noodles and finish bottle of whiskey

Now the serious one

Tacos
About a pound of ground beef
Spices
Sweetened Lime juice
Salsa

1. Brown meat with garlic and onions
2. drain grease from said pan of garlic and onions
3. throw a lot of cumin and Chile powder on meat.
4. throw some cayenne pepper and chopped small Chile pepper
5. add a lot of salsa and some sweetened lime juice
6. let cook for about 20 minutes, stirring when hungry to eat some of it.
7. brown shell in rapeseed oil(canola oil Smile )
8. eat.

Under Repair.
[+] 1 user Likes itsacow's post
20-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Your cooking recipes...hints and tips.
I'm a big fan of lime and lemon juice in a lot of my cooking. Nom.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
20-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Alright .. here's a really tough one for everyone to follow.. heck I even get lost sometimes.. specially with a hangover in the morning...

Take out a large frying pan... melt just enough butter to coat the bottom of the pan..

drop 2 eggs into the pan on about med/high heat. while the eggs are cooking drop 2 slices of bread into the toaster. season the eggs with garlic salt or season salt / to your taste.. little bit of black pepper. turn the eggs over once or not depending on your preference of eggs... place the bread on a plate.. place the eggs over the bread.. and finished..

eggs on toast. Tongue

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 2 users Like ddrew's post
20-08-2012, 02:14 PM
(20-08-2012 02:12 PM)ddrew Wrote:  Alright .. here's a really tough one for everyone to follow.. heck I even get lost sometimes.. specially with a hangover in the morning...

Take out a large frying pan... melt just enough butter to coat the bottom of the pan..

drop 2 eggs into the pan on about med/high heat. while the eggs are cooking drop 2 slices of bread into the toaster. season the eggs with garlic salt or season salt / to your taste.. little bit of black pepper. turn the eggs over once or not depending on your preference of eggs... place the bread on a plate.. place the eggs over the bread.. and finished..

eggs on toast. Tongue

Fuckin' brilliant! Bowing Drooling

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
20-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Stark Raving Potato Salad

5 cups chopped red potatoes, skin on. (preferably new taters. I use the really small ones from the garden, cut in half.)
3 eggs, hard boiled and chopped.
1/2 pound bacon, cut into bite size pieces. (they will shrink into bacon bits as they cook)
1 bel pepper (red if you got one)
1 medium onion, finely diced
3-4 green onions or chives, finely diced
2-3 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup ranch dressing
S&p to taste

Boil potatoes until cooked, but not mushy. Let cool.

Meanwhile, fry bacon in skillet until crispy. Remove from pan and set aside on paper towel to cool. In half the remaining bacon grease, fry onions, pepper, chives and garlic until onions are translucent. Be sure to scrape up the baconey goodness from the bottom of the pan.

Mix all ingredients together thoroughly, making sure not to mash up the potatoes and eggs. Add salt and pepper. Cover, and let rest overnight in the refridgerator.

If you make this in the winter, it is really good warmed up a little.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
21-08-2012, 04:27 AM
Okay .. today I took a new step towards a real cooking challenge! Inspired by this thread of course!!..

It was a box of Kraft Mac and Cheese! I mean lucky for me there were instructions on the box.... I never woulda thought that you'd have to boil the noodles for 7 mins! ..

Think I might have to stick to what i'm good at.. glass.. ice .. vodka .. soda... done.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 3 users Like ddrew's post
22-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Getting ready to make this now only I'll use a cup of Splenda instead of sugar and fresh ginger juice instead of powder.

D.C. Mumbo Sauce Recipe
Since there is no official recipe, since it varies significantly from joint to joint, I've created one that has the best features of my faves. Try it on fried chicken, fish or shrimp, or even on eggrolls. Unorthodox as it may sound, it's pretty good on barbecue ribs and pulled pork, too.

Makes: 2-2/3 cups
Preparation and cooking time: Less than an hour even if the kids are in your hair.

Ingredients
1/2 cup tomato paste
1 cup distilled white vinegar
1 cup pineapple juice
1 cup sugar
4 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon powdered ginger
1/4 teaspoon hot sauce or more if you wish

About the tomato paste: some places use ketchup, I much prefer it with tomato paste.

About the hot sauce: I use good old fashioned Tabasco Sauce, but you can use Sriracha or whatever you like. This small amount gives it a mild background heat. Taste it and add more if you wish. I am not into really hot sauces, but I usually use 1/2 teaspoon in theis recipe.

About the pineapple juice: You can swap orange juice for the pineapple juice if you like, but I prefer it with pineapple juice.

About the vinegar: You may be tempted to use cider vinegar or something with more flavor, but resist the temptation. Plain old clear distilled vinegar is the right call for this sauce.

Do this:
Mix all the ingredients in a pot. Simmer, but do not boil, for about 20 minutes to marry the flavors and thicken it a bit. Taste and adjust to your preferences. Like it hotter, be my guest. You can drizzle it on the food or serve it in a bowl for dipping. Or both. Toss it in the microwave for 20 seconds or so first to take the chill off. Mumbo Sauce can be refrigerated for months.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-09-2012, 04:56 PM
One of my favourite dishes is roasted vegetables. Any kind will do, whatever you happen to have in the fridge just as long as it's not too high in water content. I usually use carrots, bell peppers, potatoes, broccoli, green beans, onions. I cut it up in little pieces (1 inch), you could add salt if you wanted (I don't think it needs any though since the vinegar add a lot of flavour) mix up oil, balsamic vinegar, some crushed red pepper and whatever herbs I happen to have in a bowl, pour that over the veggies, spread them out on a baking sheet and put it in the oven on about 400F or 200C for an hour. Voilá, easy and very tasty meal.

If I have guests I serve chicken with it, simple boneless chicken breasts, grilled. Take a small frying pan, cook some onions till browned, add a few spoonfuls of good apricot or forest fruit jam and a spoon of balsamic vinegar, add grilled chicken and cook for a minute on both sides. Sooooo good! I never ever have left overs.
[+] 1 user Likes ABC's post