Your daily bible verse, for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2015, 01:04 PM
I have a friend who gets these bible verses in her email every day. Of course they are all cherry picked and oh so meaningful.

How come no one set up one of these services for atheists? Bible verses for the atheist? Send out one a day to fortify our convictions and share them with others?

This could be popular. And oh so much fun!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2015, 01:15 PM
RE: Your daily bible verse, for atheists
(17-06-2015 01:04 PM)Dom Wrote:  I have a friend who gets these bible verses in her email every day. Of course they are all cherry picked and oh so meaningful.

How come no one set up one of these services for atheists? Bible verses for the atheist? Send out one a day to fortify our convictions and share them with others?

This could be popular. And oh so much fun!

The minute I saw this I thought "Duh. How can we not have this ?"

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
17-06-2015, 02:18 PM
Quote:"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission like that of horses. So you longed for the lewdness of your youth, when in Egypt your bosom was caressed and your young breasts fondled" Ezekiel 23: 20, 21

I'll play.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 6 users Like Minimalist's post
17-06-2015, 04:51 PM
http://smile.amazon.com/Good-Book-Humani...1434581187

If someone wanted to host a twitter quotes account or start an online newsletter, this would be a decent enough point of reference.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-06-2015, 08:26 PM
Why hasn't someone set up one of these that cherry picks the horror verses, not for ahteists but for theists??? It could be disguised as a Christian organization. My first verse blast would be Psalm 137:9 - happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.

I can hear the screaming now....CONTEXT!!!!!!

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 5 users Like Tonechaser77's post
18-06-2015, 05:53 AM
Yep. All kinds of interesting stuff.

I am too much of a heathen to be doing this - I haven't touched a bible in 50 years and have forgotten most of it. But I sure would love it if someone more familiar with it would produce something like that. Maybe just a facebook account posting bible verses...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-06-2015, 06:24 AM
I love the idea of this. Here's a nicely cherry picked one:

"The Lord will smite thee with the boils of Egypt, and with the haemorrhoids, and with the scab, and with the itch, whereof thou canst not be healed." Deuteronomy 27.

Behave or gawd will give you haemorrhoids and no amount of Anusol will put them right.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 4 users Like Eva's post
18-06-2015, 08:43 AM
I'm in.

Quote: Luke 19
26 “He replied, ‘I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what they have will be taken away. 27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.’"

In context: This is from the parable of the ten minas where Jesus is telling a parable of a king who gives his servants each 10 minas and tells them to go and "put this money to work". The above is a quote that the king says to the final servant who did not do anything with the minas out of fear of losing money and the king strips him of the funds, chastises him, and then says the above statement. It is pretty clear that the servants are the followers of Jesus, the money is the gospel or the message, and the enemies are those who reject it. What a nice guy.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
18-06-2015, 10:20 AM
Numbers 25:4

And the Lord said unto Moses, Take all the heads of the people, and hang them up before the Lord against the sun, that the fierce anger of the Lord may be turned away from Israel.

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
18-06-2015, 11:49 AM
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. Isaiah 45:7-2
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post