Your daily bible verse, for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2015, 01:11 PM
RE: Your daily bible verse, for atheists
(23-06-2015 08:49 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(23-06-2015 07:26 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Luke 14

25 Large crowds were traveling with Jesus, and turning to them he said: 26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple.

Brings a tear to the eye doesn’t it? Rolleyes

IKR? This clearly shows us of how jesus was sooooo concerned with the sanctity of the family unit.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
23-06-2015, 05:37 PM
This is the one I think of whenever I read QTip's or CallOfTheWhacko's posts.

Jesus wept. - John 11:35

#sigh
23-06-2015, 05:59 PM
(18-06-2015 12:08 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Y'all mothafuckas makin' me want to fire up Photoshop and start makin' me some images.

Don't tempt me.

How 'bout if I dare ya? Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
23-06-2015, 06:11 PM
(23-06-2015 05:59 PM)Anjele Wrote:  How 'bout if I dare ya? Tongue
You wouldn't... :shocked:
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
24-06-2015, 07:12 AM
Matthew 26

6 While Jesus was in Bethany in the home of Simon the Leper, 7 a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table.
8 When the disciples saw this, they were indignant. “Why this waste?” they asked. 9 “This perfume could have been sold at a high price and the money given to the poor.”
10 Aware of this, Jesus said to them, “Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. 11 The poor you will always have with you,[a] but you will not always have me. 12 When she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial.

This one gets me. I know that he says in the next line that she is preparing him for burial but what a dick. The disciples have an excellent point. This more sounds like something that David Koresh or Jim Jones would say. As a side note, the line "you will not always have me" doesn't speak much to a guy who thought or wants a personal relationship with his followers. It sounds more like the musings of an arrogant cult leader.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 4 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
24-06-2015, 09:43 AM
Revelation 6:8 -

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Damn. I don't know what the imagery is supposed to portray here but Death on a horse with an eternal fire of hell behind him? If that's not bad enough he has his way with 25% of the population; hunger I understand, beasts of the earth...? that's a little less likely....sword? uhhh...hello, if this was meant for the end times why didn't the writer know that we would be past all that sword killing bid'ness? No bombs or sub-machine guns? No drones with missiles? Come on Death, why don't you bring your old ass into the 21st century with that nonsense.

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
24-06-2015, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2015 04:27 PM by Bucky Ball.)
John 16:12-15
12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
24-06-2015, 11:15 AM
What's for dinner tonight?????

"Hath he not sent me to the men that sit upon the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?"
— ISAIAH 36:12

Yummmmmm. Shit with a side order of piss. Drooling

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
24-06-2015, 12:31 PM
(24-06-2015 10:20 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  John 16:12-15
12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

So, all this shewing means we should believe Mark Dreher? Is he shewing it unto us?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-06-2015, 04:53 PM
(23-06-2015 06:11 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(23-06-2015 05:59 PM)Anjele Wrote:  How 'bout if I dare ya? Tongue
You wouldn't... :shocked:

Bwahahahahaha - I dare ya, go on, I double-dog dare ya. Evil_monster

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?