Your daily bible verse, for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2015, 05:13 PM
RE: Your daily bible verse, for atheists
(18-06-2015 11:49 AM)pablo Wrote:  I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. Isaiah 45:7-2

I was really curious to see other translations of this part (to see how Christians can justify God) so off I went to the Greek version.

Now that was interesting. While the Ancient Greek translation says "create bad things", the Modern Greek one goes like "I allow disasters and sorrows to happen". How hilariously convenient, huh?

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
24-06-2015, 07:29 PM
(24-06-2015 05:13 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(18-06-2015 11:49 AM)pablo Wrote:  I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. Isaiah 45:7-2

I was really curious to see other translations of this part (to see how Christians can justify God) so off I went to the Greek version.

Now that was interesting. While the Ancient Greek translation says "create bad things", the Modern Greek one goes like "I allow disasters and sorrows to happen". How hilariously convenient, huh?

Quick side note.

It's neat that you speak Greek....Ancient and Modern. Just sayin'. Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
25-06-2015, 07:32 AM
(24-06-2015 05:13 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  

Yabut...but....but... all the pastors are wrong then because you can actually read greek? Gasp

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
25-06-2015, 07:39 AM
Matthew 24

32 “Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it[e] is near, right at the door. 34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

CricketsCricketsCrickets ..... still here JC......... CricketsCricketsCrickets

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac