Your day explained in a GIF

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
30-05-2017, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2017 03:06 PM by jennybee.)
RE: Your day explained in a GIF
(30-05-2017 01:16 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I'm trying to read that one... so... you woke up demon possessed, threw a pillow at your boyfriend, and he threw it back at you? Does that cure demonic possession? Laugh out load

No today he's still a demon Evil_monster Tongue I'm an Angel however Big Grin No

Had a yoga class, got another one coming up in a bit (hence, first gif) Just feeling kinda meh today though and going through the motions. Trying to get my mojo back. Tongue

Second gif, yup fighting again. My bf and I break up and get back together and break up and get back together. We're seeing each other now. And I don't remember if I told you, but luckily, we did not end up adopting a baby. It worked out for the best though because the adoption was going to be through a family member and she ended up deciding to keep the baby and she is a great mom.

Anyway, I just don't know why I continue to do this to myself with the constant break up/getting back together. Just frustrated with the whole thing. This will probably be my gif for next year Hobo And I'll be changing my TTA username from jennybee to "Jennycatlady" Laugh out load

[Image: b7c5cd44bad0eb68_kristen-wiig.gif]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
30-05-2017, 03:16 PM
Well, I know this is almost blasphemy in your part of California, but if you'll take a bit of free advice (worth every penny!), I'd say that you should stop looking for "successful" guys who meet some preformed criteria you've built into a mental checklist, and find a guy who realizes how awesome you are and treats you the way you want to be treated.

Our society is so focused on material success as definitional for "What Makes a Real Man" that I see too many women friends of mine suffering through awful relationships with guys who are ideal by the American program definition, but who treat the women as accessories like a nice car, suit, or other things a guy is (sadly) taught that he Just Has To Have in order to Be Somebody™. It's a vicious cycle, and it does no one any good.

If you can't ever see this guy treating you the way you need to be treated, you're wasting your time. I really hope I'm wrong about him, because I want to see you happy. You deserve it. You really are the kindest, most decent person I know, and it breaks my heart to see you longing to be loved. It should be so easy for you.

Maybe find the guy who is volunteering at the local animal shelter, or pouring ladels at the local soup kitchen, or spending his evenings staring into the night sky in a telescope instead... a guy who will think at least as much of you as we all do, here.

Again, free advice and worth about as much. Be happy, Jenny. You're amazing.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
30-05-2017, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2017 04:20 PM by jennybee.)
(30-05-2017 03:16 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Well, I know this is almost blasphemy in your part of California, but if you'll take a bit of free advice (worth every penny!), I'd say that you should stop looking for "successful" guys who meet some preformed criteria you've built into a mental checklist, and find a guy who realizes how awesome you are and treats you the way you want to be treated.

Our society is so focused on material success as definitional for "What Makes a Real Man" that I see too many women friends of mine suffering through awful relationships with guys who are ideal by the American program definition, but who treat the women as accessories like a nice car, suit, or other things a guy is (sadly) taught that he Just Has To Have in order to Be Somebody™. It's a vicious cycle, and it does no one any good.

If you can't ever see this guy treating you the way you need to be treated, you're wasting your time. I really hope I'm wrong about him, because I want to see you happy. You deserve it. You really are the kindest, most decent person I know, and it breaks my heart to see you longing to be loved. It should be so easy for you.

Maybe find the guy who is volunteering at the local animal shelter, or pouring ladels at the local soup kitchen, or spending his evenings staring into the night sky in a telescope instead... a guy who will think at least as much of you as we all do, here.

Again, free advice and worth about as much. Be happy, Jenny. You're amazing.

You give good advice, thank you Smile and thank you for the nice things you said about me-it means a lot. Heart

I agree with a lot of the things you said. For me, I don't really care how successful someone is. My current boyfriend was shocked when I didn't go gaga when he told me he was an attorney because I guess most women he dated in the past were impressed. And it's not that I'm not proud of him or his accomplishments--I am, but that's not why I'm with him.

I think for me my biggest problem is that I have a hard time finding another me. I don't mean a carbon copy (because I like learning about each other's differences), but I mean another nut like me for lack of a better word. Laugh out load There are so many amazing things I want to do in life and I want someone who's crazy enough to do them with me.

I want to go ultralight backpacking for a month (or even longer) and just go off the grid. I want to go slacklining. I want to do yoga in India. I want to go visit my family roots in Antrim, Ireland. I want to swim with sharks in Bora Bora. I want to live on a houseboat in Yellowknife. I want to stay at the Icehotel in Sweden. I want to stay in romantic "haunted" inns (in the room that's said to be the most "haunted" Tongue ). I want to go kayaking at midnight on New Year's Eve and watch the SF fireworks from the calmness and blackness of the water. Anyway, you get the drift Wink And it doesn't have to be any or all of these things--I just want someone who is adventurous and is willing to live outside the box. The problem is that it's next to impossible to find another nut like me and so I stay in rships that are "safe."

And of course, I can do all these things myself or join groups and go with people, but I want a man in my life to do these things with--someone who *wants* to do them too (and who is in good enough physical condition to do be able to do them.)

Anyway, here's a gif since it's the gif thread and I'm derailing the shit outta this mofo Laugh out load

[Image: 3eb1ab6a2759c6078fc6235acfbb6d31.gif]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
30-05-2017, 04:06 PM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2017 04:27 PM by jennybee.)
For some reason the above gif I posted is not moving Unsure I assure you it was moving a second ago Yes *pokes it with a stick* Tongue

30-05-2017, 06:16 PM
Spent much too much time today doing this:

[Image: giphy.gif]

Fuck I hate driving in Toronto...
[+] 3 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
31-05-2017, 08:52 PM
My Beloved just sent me a picture of the contents of a box she just got from Victoria's Secret's online catalog. I have been working all day to develop my skill with the Force.

[Image: get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2Fqf9yHLB...;amp;h=160]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
31-05-2017, 09:00 PM
(31-05-2017 08:52 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  My Beloved just sent me a picture of the contents of a box she just got from Victoria's Secret's online catalog. I have been working all day to develop my skill with the Force.

[Image: get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2Fqf9yHLB...;amp;h=160]

Enjoy your night Tongue

31-05-2017, 09:03 PM
Dodgy

[Image: giphy.gif]

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post
31-05-2017, 10:33 PM
[Image: tenor.gif]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
01-06-2017, 04:24 PM
[Image: tumblr_m20n4n9ozP1ql141xo1_500.gif]

[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post