Your day explained in a GIF

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
23-06-2017, 10:24 AM
RE: Your day explained in a GIF
[Image: giphy.gif]

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like OakTree500's post
25-06-2017, 07:40 AM
Yesterday, I went to a public meeting/social gathering of some powerful folks in social advocacy and legislative lobbying/consulting, for whom I'd very much like to work, and impressed the shit out of them. Was totally "on my game", dazzling with not only quick reference to important/relevant caselaw, but also with approaches to the issues (due to my experience from inside the justice system) which they had not previously considered. Got called "extremely intelligent" by both the state director and local Board president of the agency, in separate conversations.

I may soon have a much, much better-paying job, thanks to "School of Hard Knocks" certificate overlaid atop my original nerdiness. Big Grin

[Image: spock-dance.gif]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 8 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
25-06-2017, 09:39 AM
(25-06-2017 07:40 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Yesterday, I went to a public meeting/social gathering of some powerful folks in social advocacy and legislative lobbying/consulting, for whom I'd very much like to work, and impressed the shit out of them. Was totally "on my game", dazzling with not only quick reference to important/relevant caselaw, but also with approaches to the issues (due to my experience from inside the justice system) which they had not previously considered. Got called "extremely intelligent" by both the state director and local Board president of the agency, in separate conversations.

I may soon have a much, much better-paying job, thanks to "School of Hard Knocks" certificate overlaid atop my original nerdiness. Big Grin

[Image: spock-dance.gif]

Woohoo! They'd be so lucky to have you. I hope all works out Thumbsup

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
26-06-2017, 10:37 AM
Well, cancel the above celebration. Found out today that last week, the funding for the position for which I was applying was pulled after direct intervention by Jeff Sessions' newly "reformed" Department of Justice, and the changes went into effect today, meaning the position no longer exists. Angry

They have literally applied pressure to donor organizations and threatened to harass the groups who provide funding to organizations that stand up against what they're doing. It's not just the group to which I was applying; it's across the board. It's an assault on the watchdog groups in the United States, a preemptive strike against the disingenuous shit they're planning to pull, which is the reason the groups exist in the first place.

I'm sick to my stomach, again. I'm trying very hard not to hate these evil bastards.

Back to working for peanuts.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
26-06-2017, 10:45 AM
(26-06-2017 10:37 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Well, cancel the above celebration. Found out today that last week, the funding for the position for which I was applying was pulled after direct intervention by Jeff Sessions' newly "reformed" Department of Justice, and the changes went into effect today, meaning the position no longer exists. Angry

They have literally applied pressure to donor organizations and threatened to harass the groups who provide funding to organizations that stand up against what they're doing. It's not just the group to which I was applying; it's across the board. It's an assault on the watchdog groups in the United States, a preemptive strike against the disingenuous shit they're planning to pull, which is the reason the groups exist in the first place.

I'm sick to my stomach, again. I'm trying very hard not to hate these evil bastards.

Hug I'm sorry.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
26-06-2017, 12:54 PM
(26-06-2017 10:37 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Well, cancel the above celebration. Found out today that last week, the funding for the position for which I was applying was pulled after direct intervention by Jeff Sessions' newly "reformed" Department of Justice, and the changes went into effect today, meaning the position no longer exists. Angry

That sucks, RS, I'm so sorry.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
11-07-2017, 09:13 AM

13-07-2017, 10:53 AM
After spending FOREVER trying to get something to work that I'd accidentally broken on my PC at work....IT HAS BEEN FIXED

[+] 3 users Like OakTree500's post
14-07-2017, 08:56 AM
After the triumph of yesterday, today I am just lost in an problem that makes no sense. #Computers

[Image: ABtwP3k.gif]

[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
17-07-2017, 08:49 AM
[Image: coffee-face.gif]

[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post