Your experiences with homophobes-

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2012, 03:46 AM
RE: Your experiences with homophobes-
My mother argued that she wasn't a homophobe for years because she isn't scared of gays, just wants them to be rounded up and put in a gas chamber.

However quite recently I finally managed to convince her to look up homophobic in the dictionary and accept that a phobia is also used to define an irrational hatred, not just fear.

Well... Now she's saying she's not a homophobe because 'homo' is another word for man and that means that homophobic should be "scared of men" and nothing to do with gays, "gays have just bastardised the word to spread their evil agenda around the world".

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2012, 04:29 AM
(25-04-2012 03:46 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  My mother argued that she wasn't a homophobe for years because she isn't scared of gays, just wants them to be rounded up and put in a gas chamber.

However quite recently I finally managed to convince her to look up homophobic in the dictionary and accept that a phobia is also used to define an irrational hatred, not just fear.

Well... Now she's saying she's not a homophobe because 'homo' is another word for man and that means that homophobic should be "scared of men" and nothing to do with gays, "gays have just bastardised the word to spread their evil agenda around the world".
tell her now that she's mistaking greek with latin, homo means man in latin but equal in greek. Homophobia is a mix of two greek words homo (equal) and phobia (fear)

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
25-04-2012, 04:33 AM
(25-04-2012 04:29 AM)nach_in Wrote:  
(25-04-2012 03:46 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  My mother argued that she wasn't a homophobe for years because she isn't scared of gays, just wants them to be rounded up and put in a gas chamber.

tell her now that she's mistaking greek with latin, homo means man in latin but equal in greek. Homophobia is a mix of two greek words homo (equal) and phobia (fear)
I doubt she'll listen xD

Either she'll block out what I say, in which case she'll forget in an hour, or she'll know what I said makes sense and put a chair through the living room door... Again xD

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
25-04-2012, 09:21 AM
(25-04-2012 04:33 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  
(25-04-2012 04:29 AM)nach_in Wrote:  tell her now that she's mistaking greek with latin, homo means man in latin but equal in greek. Homophobia is a mix of two greek words homo (equal) and phobia (fear)
I doubt she'll listen xD

Either she'll block out what I say, in which case she'll forget in an hour, or she'll know what I said makes sense and put a chair through the living room door... Again xD

Your mom scares me a little. Unsure
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
25-04-2012, 09:23 AM
I am almost afraid to ask...what is their evil agenda?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
25-04-2012, 10:11 AM
(25-04-2012 09:23 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I am almost afraid to ask...what is their evil agenda?
As far as I can tell their "evil agenda" is to kiss on TV and have sex with eachother on the internet. xD

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
[+] 1 user Likes Cetaceaphile's post
25-04-2012, 07:16 PM
NO! our evil agenda is to convert every single person in the world to homosexualism and therefore bring the whole human species to its extinction!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
25-04-2012, 07:50 PM
(25-04-2012 07:16 PM)nach_in Wrote:  NO! our evil agenda is to convert every single person in the world to homosexualism and therefore bring the whole human species to its extinction!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[Image: Doo%20it.gif?1308783768]
25-04-2012, 07:54 PM
(25-04-2012 07:16 PM)nach_in Wrote:  NO! our evil agenda is to convert every single person in the world to homosexualism and therefore bring the whole human species to its extinction!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
How about half of the population for the moment. I think that could work Yes

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
25-04-2012, 08:04 PM
(25-04-2012 07:54 PM)aurora Wrote:  
How about half of the population for the moment. I think that could work Yes
we thought about it but the logistic is to complicated, we'll just stick to the original plan, sorry No