Your experiences with homophobes-

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2012, 10:34 PM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2012 03:58 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
RE: Your experiences with homophobes-
I have known 3 homosexuals in my life.
Two actually Hit on me, and from that point on I tried to ignore them as much as possible.
The 3rd acted so feminine that I was embarrassed to be even in the same room with him, and I didn't even know him.

So, I might be a bit homophobic.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2012, 10:43 PM
(25-04-2012 10:34 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  I have known 3 homosexuals in my life.
Two actually Hit on me, and from that point on I tried to ignore them as much as possible.
The 3rd acted so feminine that I was embarrassed to even in the same room with him, and I didn't even know it.

not necessarily, I'm uncomfortable with too feminine gay guys too, and if the other two hit on you and they didn't stopped once you made it clear you were not interested then that's kind of violent from them. You'd be a homophobe if you have a prejudice against homosexuals because you have a prejudice against homosexuality itself.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
25-04-2012, 10:58 PM
The 3rd acted so feminine that I was embarrassed to even in the same room with him, and I didn't even know it.

Chances are pretty good you know more than you think. It's not like they are stamped on their foreheads with their sexual preference. You might be surprised.
Even gaydar doesn't always work.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
26-04-2012, 08:36 PM
(25-04-2012 10:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

Chances are pretty good you know more than you think. It's not like they are stamped on their foreheads with their sexual preference. You might be surprised.
Even gaydar doesn't always work.
My gaydar is basically 0 as well.
10-05-2012, 11:31 PM
It's been sometime since I've logged on and pleased that the thread received some decent coverage.

I'd just like to comment on the quote quickly-
The 3rd acted so feminine that I was embarrassed to be even in the same room with him, and I didn't even know him.

a. If I DON'T get hit on by a well adjusted and well to do homosexual stranger, I feel a bit offended. "You don't know i'm not gay- What, I'm not good enough for you?" I may have a small streak on narcissism.

b. Are you embarrassed when a woman acts "very feminine"? If not, then why?
[+] 2 users Like PoolBoyG's post
14-05-2012, 11:47 AM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2012 11:50 AM by kineo.)
(10-05-2012 11:31 PM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  It's been sometime since I've logged on and pleased that the thread received some decent coverage.

I'd just like to comment on the quote quickly-

a. If I DON'T get hit on by a well adjusted and well to do homosexual stranger, I feel a bit offended. "You don't know i'm not gay- What, I'm not good enough for you?" I may have a small streak on narcissism.

b. Are you embarrassed when a woman acts "very feminine"? If not, then why?

I don't understand how getting hit on by someone of the same sex is offensive. I would think that it would be the same as getting hit on by someone of the opposite sex that you're not attracted to at all. Would you be so offended or would you take it as a compliment that someone is into you?

The only thing I can think is that a straight person might be paranoid that they look gay or something along those lines. Anyone have any input on that? I've personally never been hit on by a guy, but I think I'd just blush and take it as a compliment rather than be offended. But, I don't buy into the manly-man uber-masculine bullshit anyway so my opinion might be skewed in that way; I'd rather just be who I am.

Also- poolboyg88, mysticjaybird has been banned and won't answer you. He was a troll with sock puppets, so I'm not sure of the sincerity of his post. It might have been sincere, but regardless your question is still valid- is anyone here embarrassed by men not following in the traditional role of masculinity? If so, why?
14-05-2012, 12:22 PM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2012 12:25 PM by kim.)
(14-05-2012 11:47 AM)kineo Wrote:  ... is anyone here embarrassed by men not following in the traditional role of masculinity? If so, why?

No. If anything, I'm more embarrassed by men following in the traditional role of Mr Macho, that kind of bravado is just such a pose that tells me someone is pretty insecure in some way.

I think how people behave is certainly reflective of formative environment, but also of our continually changing social expectations.

Culture is always in flux; people need to get used to the transitional period we are in, which moves the culture along and into the future.

If a culture doesn't move it dies. I think if people want to "return to the simpler time when men were Men and women were Women", they will simply be buried in the past, unless they redefine what is meant by "Man" and "Woman" and decide if behavior even needs to reflect this definition.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
14-05-2012, 12:42 PM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2012 12:51 PM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
[Image: 3770.jpg]

I down't care whut nun'ya saeey. Mah butt's for poopin' and nuttin' else. That's what Jeeesus intended when he done wrote the Constitution! Y'all can't make me pull mah head outta mah ass!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 2 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
14-05-2012, 12:47 PM
He took the time to put that shit on his face, but not to shave or brush his teeth. Priorities, I suppose. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
14-05-2012, 12:47 PM
(14-05-2012 12:42 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  [Image: 3770.jpg]

I down't care whut nun'ya saeey. Mah butt's for poopin' and nuttin' else. That's what Jeeesus intended when he done wrote the Constitution! Y'all can't make me pull mah head outta mah ass!

That neck beard...