Your experiences with homophobes-

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2012, 12:52 PM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2012 12:48 PM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
RE: Your experiences with homophobes-
(14-05-2012 12:47 PM)kim Wrote:  He took the time to put that shit on his face, but not to shave or brush his teeth. Priorities, I suppose. Dodgy
[Image: 3770.jpg]

Stupid eviloutionists! Y'all don't need a toothbrush and I got the dentures to prove it!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
14-05-2012, 02:14 PM
(14-05-2012 12:52 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(14-05-2012 12:47 PM)kim Wrote:  He took the time to put that shit on his face, but not to shave or brush his teeth. Priorities, I suppose. Dodgy
[Image: 3770.jpg]

Stupid eviloutionists! Y'all don't need a toothbrush and I got the dentures to prove it!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
14-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Yee gads...I bet that guy is from SC and I am heading that way tomorrow night!

YIKES!

Guess I will stay out of Wallyworld while there.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
26-05-2012, 04:12 PM
I haven't read this thread, so this may be redundant. I ran across an interesting study yesterday.

There is a correlation between homophobia, and .. well look at this.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8772014

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
28-05-2012, 01:40 AM
I have zero experience both with homophobes and homosexuals. They're around, easy to recognize by their effeminate voice, (the gays I mean) but in our daily public life sexuality just doesn't matter. They need civil rights like anyone else. The world would be so much poorer, uglier and stupider without gays. Remember Charles Baudelaire, Allan Turing and half of the Renaissance artists.

So what's the deal about gay jokes? Typically the jokes make fun of gays who show off their (homo)sexuality, which some of them do and it is a thing of bad manners. Save it for the parade, dudes. I like jokes, including jokes about gays. I don't mean to hurt anyone, but some are just hilarious. For example,
A gay walks into the mosque full of praying Muslims.
He exclaims: "Oooh, is that a buffet for me?!"

As for racism, I have no experience with it. People here hate Gypsies because of their tribalism and primitive behavior, not color of their skin, gadzho mohre. But as far as I can tell, a Gypsy worker is socially acceptable and welcomed as a co-worker. And other more civilized minorities don't seem to be hated.

(14-05-2012 12:22 PM)kim Wrote:  If a culture doesn't move it dies. I think if people want to "return to the simpler time when men were Men and women were Women", they will simply be buried in the past, unless they redefine what is meant by "Man" and "Woman" and decide if behavior even needs to reflect this definition.
Nope! We all need to return to these times when men were True Men, women were True Women and little furry beings from Alpha Centauri were True Little Furry Beings from Alpha Centauri.

Also, we need to read Douglas Adams Smile
29-05-2012, 02:55 PM
There's nothing wrong with being uncomfortable when a homosexual hits on you. First of all, it can be uncomfortable when a heterosexual hits on you, especially if you're a guy who is used to advances going the other direction, or if you just plain don't go out much. Secondly, most people are naturally heterosexuals orientated towards the opposite sex - statistically you're looking at an uncommon situation, throw in the dissonance of being hit on by someone you have no comprehension of feeling the same way towards and you can't blame someone for being uncomfortable. One would hope you can take a pause and reason out a compliment from the situation, but it's natural to have a negative gut reaction when you get an unwanted advance from someone you find unattractive.
29-05-2012, 05:05 PM
(28-05-2012 01:40 AM)Luminon Wrote:  I have zero experience both with homophobes and homosexuals. They're around, easy to recognize by their effeminate voice, (the gays I mean) but in our daily public life sexuality just doesn't matter. They need civil rights like anyone else. The world would be so much poorer, uglier and stupider without gays. Remember Charles Baudelaire, Allan Turing and half of the Renaissance artists.

Reminder: Not all gay people are flamboyant or effeminate. That's a stereotype, and can be pretty rarely fulfilled. Gay guys are just like straight guys, except they are attracted to other guys instead of women. Some are more masculine than the norm, some are less. Heterosexual boys can be labeled as gay because they're more effeminate than other boys but still straight. That can be pretty confusing for a kid growing up. Especially when being gay is still looked at as a bad thing in many places in the world.
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
29-05-2012, 06:09 PM
(29-05-2012 05:05 PM)kineo Wrote:  Reminder: Not all gay people are flamboyant or effeminate. That's a stereotype, and can be pretty rarely fulfilled. Gay guys are just like straight guys, except they are attracted to other guys instead of women. Some are more masculine than the norm, some are less. Heterosexual boys can be labeled as gay because they're more effeminate than other boys but still straight. That can be pretty confusing for a kid growing up. Especially when being gay is still looked at as a bad thing in many places in the world.
Sure. I didn't see any *in your face* gays, except one on Youtube. I know how bad it is at school to be different in any way. Kids are like wolves, hunting down all anomalies. I just say that voice allows us to make an accurate guess about people.

For example, my voice is relatively toneless, emotionally flat, which is typical for Asperger's. (unless I make effort to sound normal) Similarly, a gay voice may have a typical "effeminate" accent. I think that somewhere I saw a study, they measured how reliably can an audience detect gay men by hearing short voice samples, which is 75%. Also, there seems to be an above average chance to distinguish a gay by face. It works even in 50 miliseconds, which suggests that there is evolution behind it.
29-05-2012, 06:50 PM
(29-05-2012 06:09 PM)Luminon Wrote:  ....
Similarly, a gay voice may have a typical "effeminate" accent. I think that somewhere I saw a study, they measured how reliably can an audience detect gay men by hearing short voice samples, which is 75%. Also, there seems to be an above average chance to distinguish a gay by face. It works even in 50 miliseconds, which suggests that there is evolution behind it.
Really? I say this mainly as people have said they can't figure out what my sexuality is... they're not certain by voice (although some say "he's straight" some say "he's gay" some say "what does it matter?!?"--literally to the last, lol). Although from an experiment I ran a few years ago (didn't officially do anything as it involved self-reporting).... let's just say dating sites are not that.... accurate for who's straight/bi/gay based on self reporting.... let's just say there's a number of "straight" men who have and love sex with other men.