Your favorite Beer?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Your favorite Beer?
What is your favorite beer? I love Blue Moon. Any one here from Belgium I send my thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2010, 12:38 PM

RE: Your favorite Beer?
I'm a Guinness man, but Sam Adams is decent too.
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Tuborg. green, not red. Skol is good too (and cheapSmile)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2010, 04:20 PM
NOW we are getting to my kind of thread.

I'm currently finishing up the work day (sort of as I'll be working late) with a Flying Fish OctoberFish (I guess they think they are clever). I love this time of year when the fall brews come out. There is a little place near me that has a great pumpkin ale every fall that I love. And, some of the XMas beers are great too. One of the best is Liberty's Xmas Ale.

Sadly, for a variety of reasons including weight and blood sugar I usually drink low carb beers like Mich Ultra and MGD 64. But, this time of year I break down and go for the good stuff. I'm an avid cyclist and from around April until it gets cool I try to drink as little as possible. But, I wrenched my back over the weekend so OctoberFish here I come!

I've got some more beers to add to this and will over the next day or so.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
08-09-2010, 10:50 PM

I've always been a bud drinker. Recently I've given up beer since I'm doing a lot of diet and working out, but I have been drinking moosehead light blackberry. Never figured I would like flavored beer, but I have to admit that it's amazing.
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2010, 12:37 AM
I've heard that beer makes you smart. At least it made Bud wiser.
09-09-2010, 05:56 AM
(08-09-2010 10:50 PM)TheVoiceOfReason Wrote:  I've always been a bud drinker. Recently I've given up beer since I'm doing a lot of diet and working out, but I have been drinking moosehead light blackberry. Never figured I would like flavored beer, but I have to admit that it's amazing.

If you were drinking Bud, then you gave up beer long, long ago and replaced it with slightly flavored water.

Blech. Can't stand Bud.

Now, if you want a real beer, a man's beer, I suggest you go out and get yourself a beer served in a dead squirrel.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
09-09-2010, 07:35 AM
This is my kind of thread too - in fact, my screen name comes from a beer (which came from a Hans Christen Anderson story). I love beer, and there's no way I could pick just one favorite. I also love this time of year because of the fall brews coming out. I love Oktoberfest style beers but I go from style to style depending on my mood.

I guess my favorite, or at least one of my favorite, "regular" beers would be Brooklyn Lager. It's clean and refreshing but has got a ton of flavor - way better than regular lagers (Miller, Bud, etc). But don't think of me as a beer snob either, I've been known to enjoy a MGD or PBR plenty of times, either when the mood strikes or I'm light in the wallet. No Bud if I can help it though.

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
09-09-2010, 09:31 AM
I am not a big fan of the generics such as miller, bud, or natural ice. I love foreighn beers much more than American beers. My favorites are Blue Moon, Corona, and Heneiken. Fosters isn't too bad either.
09-09-2010, 10:26 AM
I'll admit I'm a bit of a beer snob ^.^ I like dark beers; some kinds of German beers that I can't remember the names of. But my favourite beer is Alexander Keith's, imported from the far-distant land of Nova Scotia Tongue (No, seriously, it's "imported" from NS to the rest of Canada for some reason o.0)

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula