Your favorite Beer?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2010, 04:22 PM

RE: Your favorite Beer?
I love Fat Tire, Red Trolley and Anchor Steam. Though I have beenknown to drink Heineken and Dos Equis Amber from time to time.

I can't do Bud or PBR. It's not that I am a beer snob, it's that I am looking for a heavier flavor.

I draw the line at Corona though. If I have to add fruit to make it palatable, then it's a cocktail and not a beer. Same with hefeweizen. Just not a fan at all.
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2010, 09:14 PM
I'm a Dos Equis fan myself. There is a mexican place near me that we take the kids too and I always get the Dos Equis on tap there. A better Mexican beer, btw, is Negro Modelo.

some others I recommend:
- there is a brewery near me called "River Horse" and I like a lot of what they have to offer. Actually, I think I need to make a run over there soon to pick up a case or two.

- another good XMas beer is Delirium Noel. I took home a growler of it last year and loved it. My blood sugar went through the roof, but it was worth it.

- Mad Elf from Troegs is a favorite of some friends of mine, but I've yet to try it. I have tried Rogues Dead Guy Ale, though and recommend it.

- if you can find it, pick up some Dog Fish Head barley wine style ale. 15% alcohol so you really don't need more than 2. At least I don't.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2010, 01:12 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2010 02:00 PM by TheSixthGlass.)
(09-09-2010 04:22 PM)Soldieringon Wrote:  Same with hefeweizen. Just not a fan at all.
Actually, a good hefeweizen is much better without the fruit. I don't know why it's become such a custom of adding an orange slice - it kills the head and to me, dulls the flavor. I love hefes, especially in the summer time. Franziskaner is a really good crisp one on a hot day.
(09-09-2010 09:14 PM)BnW Wrote:  some others I recommend:

- I have tried Rogues Dead Guy Ale, though and recommend it.
Great beer. You should try and track down the Double Dead Guy, it's really tasty. A lot stronger though.

(09-09-2010 09:14 PM)BnW Wrote:  - if you can find it, pick up some Dog Fish Head barley wine style ale. 15% alcohol so you really don't need more than 2. At least I don't.
Another great one!

edit: Also had a quick thought that came from reading another thread. I love me some Arrogant Bastard, and Double Bastard from Stone Brewing. I also love their messages they put on their bottles (often entire paragraphs of description). Arrogant Bastard's slogan is "You Are Not Worthy" which I just thought I'd rather hear from a kickass beer or brewery than from a church or god. Big Grin

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
10-09-2010, 02:15 PM
I've had Arrogant Bastard in the past. I can't recall much about it now. I'll have to track some down.

Glad to see there are a few beer connoisseurs on the board, though.

10-09-2010, 02:31 PM

(10-09-2010 01:12 PM)TheSixthGlass Wrote:  edit: Also had a quick thought that came from reading another thread. I love me some Arrogant Bastard, and Double Bastard from Stone Brewing. I also love their messages they put on their bottles (often entire paragraphs of description). Arrogant Bastard's slogan is "You Are Not Worthy" which I just thought I'd rather hear from a kickass beer or brewery than from a church or god. Big Grin

(10-09-2010 02:15 PM)BnW Wrote:  I've had Arrogant Bastard in the past. I can't recall much about it now. I'll have to track some down.

Glad to see there are a few beer connoisseurs on the board, though.

I can't drink arrogant bastard that much. It's just too.... I don't have the word for it. The flavor is so intense that it washes out the taste of everything else for quite a while. And my wife won't kiss me after drinking it. Says I taste horrible.

I SERIOUSLY recommend Anchor Steam though. Not as heavy as Arrogant Bastard, but very difficult to find where I live.

Of course, if you want great beers, you have to go to the Yardhouse. Every one has a different selection of beers, and the one in San Diego has upward of 130 to try. they do samplers. Big Grin
10-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Anchor Steam is readily available near me.

Ever try Yuengling? Flows like water off the tap in eastern PA.

10-09-2010, 03:25 PM

(10-09-2010 03:13 PM)BnW Wrote:  Anchor Steam is readily available near me.

Ever try Yuengling? Flows like water off the tap in eastern PA.

I've had a lot of friends recommend it to me, and when I get back to America, I shall surely try it. but here in Korea, I am out of luck.

Have you had Red Trolley? It's a San Diego brew. A lot like Anchor Steam, but a little (just a little) heavier.
10-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Arrogant Bastard is one of those that I can't drink all the time - it's very hoppy and intense. Sometimes it's a mood thing, and sometimes it actually doesn't taste that good. I don't know if that's dependent on other things I've drank or tasted during the day or what. Other times it's just delicious.

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
10-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Never had Red Trolley but I will certainly look for it.

I love this time of year. I start to take time off the bike and feel free to drink more. Still have to watch the sugars, but plenty of time to do that in the winter.

10-09-2010, 03:38 PM

(10-09-2010 03:34 PM)BnW Wrote:  Never had Red Trolley but I will certainly look for it.

I love this time of year. I start to take time off the bike and feel free to drink more. Still have to watch the sugars, but plenty of time to do that in the winter.

Cool Bike? What kind of bike? Now you have my attention good sir. Big Grin