Your favorite Beer?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2010, 04:31 PM
RE: Your favorite Beer?
I'm an avid cyclist. No motor other than my own heart and legs and lungs. I probably logged around 1100 miles since Memorial Day, ending last Sunday when I wrenched my back so badly I have been having trouble walking all week (thank the Spaghetti Monster for a) opiates and b) my dad having some left over from an older script he didn't finish - a few years old but still good).

I mostly do road riding but I've got a cross bike and will ride on the paths near me from time to time to break it up. I live near the Delaware river and there are these old tow paths on either side that are well kept and I'll do 40 miles or so on the gravel some days just to break it up. Otherwise, I spend my Saturday mornings climbing in and out of the various valleys in PA and south-central NJ and will generally do between 50 - 70 miles. As a result, I try to watch the beer consumption during riding season.

Now my back is out and I'm probably off the bike for the rest of the month while I heal. I can't even ride on a trainer right now I'm in such pain. So ... it's Miller time, so to speak.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2010, 11:43 PM

(10-09-2010 04:31 PM)BnW Wrote:  I'm an avid cyclist. ...

Now my back is out and I'm probably off the bike for the rest of the month while I heal. I can't even ride on a trainer right now I'm in such pain. So ... it's Miller time, so to speak.

Sad Sorry to hear about your injury. I hope that you get back on the road soon.

I'm more of a motor guy, myself. Oh well.
Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2010, 04:41 PM

Newcastle!
14-09-2010, 07:46 PM

My favorite kind of beer is wine. Tongue
14-09-2010, 10:46 PM
My girlfriend's favorite wine is "I wanna go to Starbucks." Or is it spelled whine?
15-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Fave beer every had: Victoria beer in Guatemala
Beer I drink most at home in the US: Miller Lite
Beer I drink most at home in Belize: Belikin (because that is pretty much all there is)
17-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Quote:Beer I drink most at home in the US: Miller Lite

Sorry, this is the favorite BEER thread. The favorite "pee-colored water" thread is further down the chain. Angel

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
17-09-2010, 09:27 AM

My favourite Beer :

- Red Stripe
- Royal Challenge
- Hy-wards 5000
- Kingfisher
- Strongbow
04-10-2010, 09:57 PM

Paulaner Hefeweizen is best. Its a difficult question, because we certainly want different styles for different seasons. Paulaner Hefeweizen but is the gold standard for me as a wheat beer that can be enjoyed in any season.
08-10-2010, 05:10 PM
I love beer from my local brewery here in Grand Rapids, MI...Founder's. I love their "Breakfast Stout", "Outmeal Stout", "Dirty Bastard" and "Red Rye"
For more "mainstream" beers I like:

Red Stripe
Heineken
Corona
Dos Equis
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user