Your favorite Kickstarter/Go-Fund Me scams

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2017, 06:42 AM
Your favorite Kickstarter/Go-Fund Me scams
Psudo-science products where the producers either doesn't know what they're doing or is actively screwing their intended fundraisers have always amused me, and made me doubt the future of humanity. "I've got a nailpolish that also works as a solar panel!" *cue hyped synthesized orcestral score*. Whether it be Elon Musk's Space X/Hyperloop bullshit or Solar Floppin' Roadways, put it here. I want to see it.

Here's a good one:

Remember, you don't have to show any data or proof if you have a flashy commerical!

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2017, 12:33 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2017 12:37 PM by epronovost.)
RE: Your favorite Kickstarter/Go-Fund Me scams
Honorable mention to the juicero. A $400 juice press that can only press bags of concentrated juice that can be pressed just has efficently by hand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juicero

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
12-11-2017, 01:52 PM
(12-11-2017 12:33 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Honorable mention to the juicero. A $400 juice press that can only press bags of concentrated juice that can be pressed just has efficently by hand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juicero

13-11-2017, 12:41 PM
It's not a kickstarter or go fund me but the Hyperloop is a great scam currently running.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
13-11-2017, 02:19 PM
(13-11-2017 12:41 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  It's not a kickstarter or go fund me but the Hyperloop is a great scam currently running.

Nothing like stuffing people into a sealed vaccum tube is it? Especially when the tube is so structually weak, that if a car crashes into the foundations, everybody in the system dies. Sign me up, Elon!

Yesterday, 01:50 PM
It is not as flashy as most of the above but a local businessman who had managed to run I think 3 restaurants into the ground started a kick starter site to raise money for a pizza place and brew pub. The amazing thing for me is he got the funding.