Your favorite recipe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2016, 04:06 PM
Your favorite recipe.
What is your favorite recipe you cook?

And I mean all around. The one that you enjoy making and eating.

Mine is Savory Crescent Chicken Squares.

[Image: c830b9b4-184e-4184-93d2-0950afe299f4.jpg]

1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon Butter, softened
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives or onion
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon chopped pimientos, if desired
1 can (8 oz) crescent dinner rolls
1 tablespoon Butter, melted
3/4 cup seasoned croutons, crushed (I substitute with Bread Crumbs when Croutons aren't available)

Step 1.
Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, mix cream cheese and 1 tablespoon softened butter; beat until smooth. Add chicken, chives, salt, pepper, milk and pimientos; mix well.

Tip: What I usually do is seson my chicken cook in oil on the stove top while the oven is heating up. Putting it on the side to cool down. Very important the chicken has cooled! When mixing it in with the cream cheese and butter it will make them melt which will when back create runny SCCS's. You want the Cream cheese mix to stick.

Step 2
Separate or cut dough into 4 rectangles. If using crescent dough, firmly press perforations to seal. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture onto center of each rectangle. Pull 4 corners of dough to center of chicken mixture; twist firmly. Pinch edges to seal. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Brush tops of sandwiches with 1 tablespoon melted butter; sprinkle with crushed croutons.

Step 3

Bake for 25-30 mins until golden brown.

There are others recipes that I love eating but making is such a process. I can usually whip this together in under 45mins including bake time.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post
21-01-2016, 04:49 PM
RE: Your favorite recipe.
I can't do a favorite as I love cooking and so many different recipes.

My first recipe I ever learned and one of my favorite is one I still make a lot now. Surprisingly, not many people have ever heard of this in Oklahoma (must be a more northern thing) but everyone I've ever fixed it for, loves it.

Creamed Eggs on Toast (serves 2)

4 hard boiled eggs, pealed and chopped or shredded but reserve one hard boiled yolk
2 - 2.5 cups milk
3 Tbls Butter
4 Tbls Flour
Salt & Pepper to taste
4 slices of toast

In a medium pan melt butter, add four and stir cooking flour into bubbly paste to take out the raw flour tatse, add 1/4 of milk, stir then the rest a little at a time stirring well to dissolve any lumps, making gravy smooth (béchamel sauce) cook on med-low heat until thickened to desired consistency. Add chopped/shredded eggs, stir 1 minute, salt & pepper to taste. Pour mixture over toast (you can pre-tear up pieces if you want) and with a sieve (or mash with fork) sprinkle remaining egg yolk over egg creamed gravy. Serve hot.

If you make this for yourself with only 2 pcs of toast, any leftover gravy can be stored for up to a week and it reheats very well. Works on biscuits too.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
21-01-2016, 07:23 PM
RE: Your favorite recipe.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid786480
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post