Your favorite thing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2016, 05:06 PM
RE: Your favorite thing
(17-12-2016 03:40 PM)Dworkin Wrote:  [Image: 2f943ddb-ba28-44ca-bf6f-39ddf199da07_zpsbf38fecb.jpg]

I'm not a motorcycle aficionado in any way but that's one cool looking machine. It almost doesn't look real.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
17-12-2016, 05:08 PM
Here lately, my piano. I've been taking off work sick, and there's not much else to do.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
17-12-2016, 06:02 PM
Well I don't have it now (which kinda makes not having one now null) but my favorite thing was a 356A Porsche. I hate people who have Prosches since I no longer have one.

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
17-12-2016, 06:11 PM
(17-12-2016 05:04 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I like your cat. What's his/her name?

The cat is the late Frey Kittehson, a sweet little lump of fur who passed away last summer. He invited himself into the photography session just as we were getting ready to call it a day, and he stole the show.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-12-2016, 06:15 PM
Actually I think for me it's the same as for Vosur.
My computer - it's a gaming beast and I love it.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
18-12-2016, 02:29 AM
(17-12-2016 05:06 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 03:40 PM)Dworkin Wrote:  [Image: 2f943ddb-ba28-44ca-bf6f-39ddf199da07_zpsbf38fecb.jpg]

I'm not a motorcycle aficionado in any way but that's one cool looking machine. It almost doesn't look real.

Hi,

Thanks! It was well cared for by a previous owner and I keep it safe in my garage and Sunday rides. A 2000 Yamaha R1.

Below is my daily ride, which is almost equally favourite. Smile A 2000 Yamaha Thunderace. This bike gets some serious back roads use in nearly all weathers.

[img]http://[Image: IMGP0724_zpsf09b1a24.jpg][/img]

D.
[+] 3 users Like Dworkin's post
18-12-2016, 06:47 AM
Of course my instruments. Best: my A clarinet, Buffet from the mid 1980s, hand-adjusted by Bill Brennan; Larry Coombs, principal clarinetist of the Chicago Symphony, was playing on one from the same batch before he went over to the dark side (Leblanc, blech, he never sounded anywhere near as good on Leblancs as on Buffets, although I understand he had kids to put through college and Leblanc paid him lots of money to play their crappy clarinets).
Followed by my Bb clarinet, Yamaha CSV, my bass clarinet, also Yamaha, and my Schimmel piano, which I got at half-price and was then able to tax-deduct fully the next year, so that it pretty much was free!

My other favorite thing that I own is my house. I fell in love with it the day I went to the Open House, and even now, 11 years later, I still feel amazed and grateful daily that I live here. I never thought, growing up poor, that I would live in a house as nice as this. Now my house is nothing special in the grand scheme of things, it's not historic, not a mansion, and most people would drive by it without noticing it particularly, but for me it's a wonderful place.

And it looks way better than any Trump residence, because I haven't gold-plated it and filled it with ugly and expensive baubles.
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
19-12-2016, 03:46 AM
A keyring with I love you dad on it, given to me on my birthday by my little girl.
[+] 1 user Likes Snowbusinesslikesnowbusiness's post
19-12-2016, 05:32 AM
(19-12-2016 03:46 AM)Snowbusinesslikesnowbusiness Wrote:  A keyring with I love you dad on it, given to me on my birthday by my little girl.

Sblsb,

Your post hits the spot. Thumbsup I have a lapel badge; she made it by hand when she was about 6 yrs.

D.
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post
19-12-2016, 05:48 AM
(19-12-2016 05:32 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  
(19-12-2016 03:46 AM)Snowbusinesslikesnowbusiness Wrote:  A keyring with I love you dad on it, given to me on my birthday by my little girl.

Sblsb,

Your post hits the spot. Thumbsup I have a lapel badge; she made it by hand when she was about 6 yrs.

D.

It reminds me how lovely she was as a youngster, time goes by so fast, I loved having little kids running around the house, definitely the best years of my life.
[+] 1 user Likes Snowbusinesslikesnowbusiness's post