Your food-related quirks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2016, 04:27 PM
Your food-related quirks
So, the other day I was on the phone with my best friend from back home and he mentioned he was eating a snack. I asked what it was and he said sausage with syrup. I almost heaved because at first I thought of Italian sausage, but then I still thought it was gross even if he meant a breakfast sausage, which he did. He was all indignant because he knows I've had pancakes where my syrup got on my breakfast meat and he is convinced I liked it. I hate it when anything sweet gets on food it's not meant for, in fact I hate any sweet food that isn't meant for dessert, fruit or cereal.

But it got me thinking about some of the weird things I like and wondered what are some other quirky food treatments y'all might have.

My two: I dip scrambled eggs into ketchup and I mix real mayo into my baked beans. Mind you, I do these things in my plate, I don't make a whole batch of each this way.

Don't knock it till you try it.

Ok, go!!

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2016, 04:34 PM
RE: Your food-related quirks
For me, a grilled cheese sandwich is great with plain potato chips. Some on the side but I also peel the sandwich open and put chips into the sandwich too. I have no idea when or why I started doing that but have done it for years.

I also have to have something sweet after eating chips or popcorn or other salty snack...that's why I always have a bowl of miniature candy bars on the island in the kitchen. Several years ago I learned that one of grandmothers was the same with having to balance the salty with the sweet.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
11-12-2016, 04:39 PM
For some odd reason I get an urge to blow on ice cream as though it's hot. I always catch myself, though. No idea why that happens.
[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
11-12-2016, 04:46 PM
(11-12-2016 04:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  For me, a grilled cheese sandwich is great with plain potato chips. Some on the side but I also peel the sandwich open and put chips into the sandwich too. I have no idea when or why I started doing that but have done it for years.

I also have to have something sweet after eating chips or popcorn or other salty snack...that's why I always have a bowl of miniature candy bars on the island in the kitchen. Several years ago I learned that one of grandmothers was the same with having to balance the salty with the sweet.

I love both of these things!!! I tend to forget to put the chips in my sandwiches but when I remember it's bliss!! And I'm a lot like you in that I always want something sweet after I'm done eating. We keep little chocolates in a glass dish on the counter.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
11-12-2016, 04:46 PM
Yes
(11-12-2016 04:39 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  For some odd reason I get an urge to blow on ice cream as though it's hot. I always catch myself, though. No idea why that happens.

Guilty!!

----
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
11-12-2016, 04:54 PM
I am normally not OCD, and I don't care when food touches food, but when I make a sandwich the lettuce and tomato and onion or whatever go on the side that has mayo, and the meat on the side that has mustard, cheese in the middle.

I thought it was just a habit but once hubby made me a sandwich and I absentmindedly started eating it and it just tasted all wrong. Right ingredients, but mustard on lettuce - yuck. So it is really a preference in taste, even though the flavor combinations get mixed up almost immediately once in my mouth.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
11-12-2016, 04:54 PM
I don't like double dippers with the chip thing. Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
11-12-2016, 04:56 PM
Shocking
(11-12-2016 04:54 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I don't like double dippers with the chip thing. Tongue

Yabut, that's just good health!

----
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
11-12-2016, 05:06 PM
I love eating sharp cheddar cheese with apples! Apparently some people I know found it weird, they dunno what they're missing!

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 4 users Like Loom's post
11-12-2016, 05:06 PM
I like my french fries with mustard. I put sliced zucchini on my homemade pizza.

And I love broccoli.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post