Your food-related quirks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2016, 05:57 PM
RE: Your food-related quirks
(11-12-2016 05:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-12-2016 05:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You're a vegan. Everything you do is quirky.

Speaking of that can a vegan eat honey?

Probably only from free range bees. Yes

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
11-12-2016, 05:59 PM
I hate hate hate all salad dressings, sour cream, yogurt, and mayonnaise (as well as mayonnaise all dressed up for prom, aka aioli). I will not eat anything that's been touched by the above, or use a knife that's been besmeared with the above--you can't wipe it off, dammit.

I do like heat and wish I could find the hot chocolate with chili in it that I had somewhere in New Hampshire once upon a time. And blue cheese, pretty much with anything, I also like. Yes, blue cheese and some kind of chili is a combination that I'd enjoy.

I also think there should be a law that every restaurant should have grilled cheese somewhere on the menu, and also a supplementary law that stipulates that grilled cheese sandwiches should NEVER BE MADE WITH MAYONNAISE. The only negative about moving to New England, besides street patterns determined by cows, was finding out that many NE restaurants think mayonnaise is appropriate in a grilled cheese sandwich. Jeeeezus Cheerist, what is wrong with people?
[+] 5 users Like julep's post
11-12-2016, 06:08 PM
I put potato chips in my hamburgers right on top of the hamburger meat. I get everything ready and all set to eat, the mustard, ketchup and everything and then just before I'm ready to bite into it I put 7 or 8 potato chips on the hamburger so it's crispy when I bit into it. It's a mess but oh well, let chips fall where they may. [/i]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
11-12-2016, 06:49 PM
(11-12-2016 05:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-12-2016 05:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You're a vegan. Everything you do is quirky.

Speaking of that can a vegan eat honey? If so why is it not an animal product and if not then would not all vegetables be animal products as bees are required to pollinate all plants?

Some vegans eat it, some vegans don't. I'm not the vegan ambassador so I can't speak for everybody. Tongue But I personally don't eat it because I don't use a lot of added sweeteners. We're not killing bees in order to get the veg. The veggies are just there.
11-12-2016, 06:51 PM
(11-12-2016 05:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-12-2016 05:24 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I put zucchini on my pizza too. That's a quirk? Consider Well, then I guess there's another one for my post Tongue

You're a vegan. Everything you do is quirky.

Tongue Laugh out load
11-12-2016, 07:11 PM
(11-12-2016 05:59 PM)julep Wrote:  I hate hate hate all salad dressings, sour cream, yogurt, and mayonnaise (as well as mayonnaise all dressed up for prom, aka aioli). I will not eat anything that's been touched by the above, or use a knife that's been besmeared with the above--you can't wipe it off, dammit.

I do like heat and wish I could find the hot chocolate with chili in it that I had somewhere in New Hampshire once upon a time. And blue cheese, pretty much with anything, I also like. Yes, blue cheese and some kind of chili is a combination that I'd enjoy.

I also think there should be a law that every restaurant should have grilled cheese somewhere on the menu, and also a supplementary law that stipulates that grilled cheese sandwiches should NEVER BE MADE WITH MAYONNAISE. The only negative about moving to New England, besides street patterns determined by cows, was finding out that many NE restaurants think mayonnaise is appropriate in a grilled cheese sandwich. Jeeeezus Cheerist, what is wrong with people?

I have never had a grilled cheese sandwich made with mayo.
The first time I heard of this atrocity I was appalled. Gasp
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
11-12-2016, 07:17 PM
(11-12-2016 07:11 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(11-12-2016 05:59 PM)julep Wrote:  I hate hate hate all salad dressings, sour cream, yogurt, and mayonnaise (as well as mayonnaise all dressed up for prom, aka aioli). I will not eat anything that's been touched by the above, or use a knife that's been besmeared with the above--you can't wipe it off, dammit.

I have never had a grilled cheese sandwich made with mayo.

It's the only way my dad makes them and they are delish. But my wife makes the best, she puts the butter on the pan, not the bread, and they are great.

On that topic, I had a grilled cheese at Beecher's in Seattle on Pike's Pier and it was fucking unbelievable.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-12-2016, 07:34 PM
(11-12-2016 05:24 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(11-12-2016 05:06 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I like my french fries with mustard. I put sliced zucchini on my homemade pizza.

And I love broccoli.

I put zucchini on my pizza too. That's a quirk? Consider Well, then I guess there's another one for my post Tongue

When I tell people about it, most get a scrunchyface ... Until the first bite.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
11-12-2016, 07:38 PM
(11-12-2016 07:17 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(11-12-2016 07:11 PM)pablo Wrote:  I have never had a grilled cheese sandwich made with mayo.

It's the only way my dad makes them and they are delish. But my wife makes the best, she puts the butter on the pan, not the bread, and they are great.

On that topic, I had a grilled cheese at Beecher's in Seattle on Pike's Pier and it was fucking unbelievable.

Another thing good thing with a grilled cheese is a dill pickle. Not all that unusual, but sometimes I'll squeeze pickle juice directly on the sandwich.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
11-12-2016, 08:17 PM
(11-12-2016 07:38 PM)pablo Wrote:  Another thing good thing with a grilled cheese is a dill pickle. Not all that unusual, but sometimes I'll squeeze pickle juice directly on the sandwich.

I drink pickle juice. The wife gets mad because the pickle jars never have any pickle juice in them.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post