Your food-related quirks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2016, 08:21 PM
RE: Your food-related quirks
(11-12-2016 08:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I drink pickle juice.

Consider

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2016, 08:27 PM
(11-12-2016 08:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-12-2016 07:38 PM)pablo Wrote:  Another thing good thing with a grilled cheese is a dill pickle. Not all that unusual, but sometimes I'll squeeze pickle juice directly on the sandwich.

I drink pickle juice. The wife gets mad because the pickle jars never have any pickle juice in them.

My bf does that too. I thought he was the only one. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
11-12-2016, 08:30 PM
(11-12-2016 07:38 PM)pablo Wrote:  Another thing good thing with a grilled cheese is a dill pickle. Not all that unusual, but sometimes I'll squeeze pickle juice directly on the sandwich.

I drink pickle juice. The wife gets mad because the pickle jars never have any pickle juice in them.

>.< NO. The only thing pickle juice is good for is pickled eggs, and I haven't had a pickled egg in decades...or pickles. Those things are carcinogenic. [/crazy]
11-12-2016, 08:30 PM

My only complaint with the concept of drinking pickle juice is that it's no longer available to throw boiled eggs into.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
11-12-2016, 08:34 PM
(11-12-2016 08:30 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(11-12-2016 08:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I drink pickle juice. The wife gets mad because the pickle jars never have any pickle juice in them.

>.< NO. The only thing pickle juice is good for is pickled eggs, and I haven't had a pickled egg in decades...or pickles. Those things are carcinogenic. [/crazy]

I was tempted to drink the turkey brine but thought better of it.

#sigh
11-12-2016, 08:36 PM
(11-12-2016 08:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-12-2016 08:30 PM)Fireball Wrote:  >.< NO. The only thing pickle juice is good for is pickled eggs, and I haven't had a pickled egg in decades...or pickles. Those things are carcinogenic. [/crazy]

Remember in Red Dawn when be drank the blood from his first deer kill? My stepfather made me do that.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
11-12-2016, 08:36 PM
(11-12-2016 08:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-12-2016 08:30 PM)Fireball Wrote:  >.< NO. The only thing pickle juice is good for is pickled eggs, and I haven't had a pickled egg in decades...or pickles. Those things are carcinogenic. [/crazy]

I drink the juice in a pickle jar, too, it just read funny when Girly was saying he drinks pickle juice.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-12-2016, 09:43 PM
I use the juice from jars of pepperoncini peppers and steep raw garlic cloves in them. That's some good snackin'.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
11-12-2016, 09:53 PM

I do too, ever since I was a kid. My fav is Claussen's.
11-12-2016, 11:34 PM
(11-12-2016 07:11 PM)pablo Wrote:  I have never had a grilled cheese sandwich made with mayo.
The first time I heard of this atrocity I was appalled. Gasp

My whole life I was only fed grilled cheese with mayo on it. Never been a fan of grilled cheese sanniches. I know it sounds stupid but I really didn't think about doing it differently, until one day in my adult life when a friend made me one without mayo.

Do you remember the feeling that you had when you first realized that you didn't believe in God...when you're eyes were opened to the fact that what you had been fed your whole life was only one person's way of doing it, and that you were now free to make your own choices and you didn't have to choke down somebody else's idea just because you'd been told all along that it's the only way to do it, even when you didn't agree with it?

That day was my glorious awakening to the awesomeness that is the grilled cheese sandwich. I am finally free to enjoy life to its fullest now that I have cast off the burden that has held me back all of those years.

I once was lost...because I had been led astray...

I was indoctrinated by the grilled cheese and mayo cult, but I have been reborn, and it is righteous brother. Angel

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 6 users Like evenheathen's post