Your funeral

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2016, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2016 06:04 PM by Snowbusinesslikesnowbusiness.)
Your funeral
I've only been here ten minutes, but I am interested whether you have thought about your arrangements? I've told my kids that a cardboard box and the crem will do for me, my kids know all too well my thoughts about being put through a church service, and having some bloke in a frock waffle on for half an hour about someone he never knew would be my worst nightmare, so I can rest in peace. Have you made your arrangements?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2016, 05:17 PM
RE: Your funeral
Oh, I won't die. I'll just do some satanic ritual and be reborn and shit.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
10-12-2016, 05:27 PM
I have an advanced directive on file with the local VA hospital and a paid-up funeral plan for whatever's left after the donor card expires.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
10-12-2016, 05:32 PM
I want to be cremated and sprinkled somewhere beautiful (haven't decided where yet). I don't want a funeral, but I do want an Irish wake. It's a tradition we do in my family. We have a party and celebrate the life of the person who passed away. Lots of drinking and eating and telling funny stories and heartfelt remembrances of the person.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
10-12-2016, 05:35 PM
(10-12-2016 05:32 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I want to be cremated and sprinkled somewhere beautiful (haven't decided where yet). I don't want a funeral, but I do want an Irish wake. It's a tradition we do in my family. We have a party and celebrate the life of the person who passed away. Lots of drinking and eating and telling funny stories and heartfelt remembrances of the person.

I like you a lot already JennybeeWink
[+] 1 user Likes Snowbusinesslikesnowbusiness's post
10-12-2016, 05:44 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2016 05:52 PM by Dom.)
Neptune society. Cheapest solution, they will pick you up anyplace in the world and cremate you and you tell them what you want done with the ashes.

P.S. Not in that order Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 6 users Like Dom's post
10-12-2016, 05:54 PM
I've long said that I would like to be cremated and have a tree planted on my ashes, but lately I've really been thinking about looking into the legality of a full on viking funeral with my body being lit afire by a flaming arrow as it floats off on a pire.

That would be fucking epic. Consider

And everyone can still just get drunk and party the whole time, sounds like a good idea.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
10-12-2016, 05:59 PM
No funeral for me. I want to die in a gory mess around children. Let's remind these privileged little cunts what the world is really like.
10-12-2016, 06:01 PM
(10-12-2016 05:59 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  No funeral for me. I want to die in a gory mess around children. Let's remind these privileged little cunts what the world is really like.

Not how you die, you silly troll, how you are buried. Try again.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
10-12-2016, 06:06 PM
I'm okay with whatever happens, not like I would care after I'm gone anyways.
[+] 1 user Likes Larai19's post