Your funeral

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2016, 06:10 PM
RE: Your funeral
(10-12-2016 05:59 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  No funeral for me. I want to die in a gory mess around children. Let's remind these privileged little cunts what the world is really like.

Ech, just let them watch one of the later Game of Thrones seasons; they'll get the picture.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2016, 06:47 PM
(10-12-2016 05:32 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I want to be cremated and sprinkled somewhere beautiful (haven't decided where yet). I don't want a funeral, but I do want an Irish wake. It's a tradition we do in my family. We have a party and celebrate the life of the person who passed away. Lots of drinking and eating and telling funny stories and heartfelt remembrances of the person.

I would like to give you one Jenny, but I cant find out how to rep you.Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Snowbusinesslikesnowbusiness's post
10-12-2016, 06:52 PM
(10-12-2016 06:47 PM)Snowbusinesslikesnowbusiness Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 05:32 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I want to be cremated and sprinkled somewhere beautiful (haven't decided where yet). I don't want a funeral, but I do want an Irish wake. It's a tradition we do in my family. We have a party and celebrate the life of the person who passed away. Lots of drinking and eating and telling funny stories and heartfelt remembrances of the person.

Don't think you can rep people yet; a failsafe intended for spammers and trolls who breifly join only to cause ruckus. Give it a few days, keep posting and you'll be able to rep her.

You can only rep 3 times in the course of 24 hours though, if I don't recall wrong.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
10-12-2016, 06:57 PM
Donate what's useful, cremate what's left, and scatter the ashes over Hill Country.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
10-12-2016, 07:02 PM
(10-12-2016 06:52 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 06:47 PM)Snowbusinesslikesnowbusiness Wrote:  I would like to give you one Jenny, but I cant find out how to rep you.Big Grin

Don't think you can rep people yet; a failsafe intended for spammers and trolls who breifly join only to cause ruckus. Give it a few days, keep posting and you'll be able to rep her.

You can only rep 3 times in the course of 24 hours though, if I don't recall wrong.

Oh well, at least she knows I would give her one.
[+] 2 users Like Snowbusinesslikesnowbusiness's post
10-12-2016, 07:08 PM
(10-12-2016 05:44 PM)Dom Wrote:  Neptune society. Cheapest solution, they will pick you up anyplace in the world and cremate you and you tell them what you want done with the ashes.

P.S. Not in that order Tongue

You mentioned them before. Looks like they're in a price war with someone called DFS Memorials. Why do I find this somewhat disturbing? Reminds me of those haul away businesses. I'll haul your junk away for $5 less than the other guy.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
10-12-2016, 07:24 PM
I want a Weekend At Bernie's style funeral. Two friends are chosen to turn my corpse into a puppet for two days while an assassin tries to kill a man who's already dead.

If you're going to do some post-mortem theater, you may as well do it right.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
10-12-2016, 07:36 PM
I want to donate whatever organs are wanted then the rest of me cremated. For a ceremony I want my ashes tastefully scattered over Joel Olsteen.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
10-12-2016, 07:47 PM
Speaking of Hollywood, there's a great story of John Barrymore's death. After he died (he drank himself to death) his half drunk buddies propped him up in a car and drove him all around Los Angeles. At one point he ended up at Errol Flynn's house (the 1938 Adventures of Robin Hood) who came down to greet his guests unaware that the Barrymore was sitting in his front room easy chair dead as a doornail. Flynn wrote about it in his biography called "My Wicked, Wicked Ways". It scared the shit out of Flynn who proceeded to also get drunk. I believe the group finally took Barrymore to the mortuary before he stiffened up too much.

Others claim the whole thing is a fabrication but they didn't reference Flynns book. In reading the Flynn book it sounded pretty authentic. Those were crazy times in Hollywood.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
10-12-2016, 07:51 PM
(10-12-2016 06:47 PM)Snowbusinesslikesnowbusiness Wrote:  

Aw you are sweet thank you Smile Here have one on me Wink