Your god isn't named God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2016, 12:45 AM
RE: Your god isn't named God
(08-05-2016 08:27 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Why do Americans spell Colour as Color? Pretty much same thing

While we're on this topic, it's 'violet'. All of you 'purple' heathens can shove it! Angry

While the two colors look similar, from the point of view of optics there are important differences. Violet is a spectral color – it occupies its own place at the end of the spectrum of light first identified by Newton in 1672, and it has its own wavelength (approximately 380–420 nm) – whereas purple is a combination of two spectral colors, red and blue. There is no such thing as the "wavelength of purple light"; it only exists as a combination.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple#Purple_vs._violet

Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
09-05-2016, 03:10 AM
(09-05-2016 12:45 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 08:27 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Why do Americans spell Colour as Color? Pretty much same thing

While we're on this topic, it's 'violet'. All of you 'purple' heathens can shove it! Angry

While the two colors look similar, from the point of view of optics there are important differences. Violet is a spectral color – it occupies its own place at the end of the spectrum of light first identified by Newton in 1672, and it has its own wavelength (approximately 380–420 nm) – whereas purple is a combination of two spectral colors, red and blue. There is no such thing as the "wavelength of purple light"; it only exists as a combination.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple#Purple_vs._violet

Tongue

Damned apurpleist.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
09-05-2016, 04:40 AM
(08-05-2016 08:19 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 08:10 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Explain why you spell "god" - "G-d".............

We'll work it out from there...

I do it because of cultural reasons. There is no religious reason for it. It's just cultural.

God, god, GOD, MOTHERFUCKING GOD.

I'm not afraid of going to Jew-hell for spelling it out. There's no religious law against it. It's just a habit. The dash is so automatic for me that when I type God, I have to go back and erase the dash to insert the "o".

When I got here, I typed the o, but I had forgotten it a few times and I ultimately decided that because I have so many religious discussions here, it would be more trouble than it was worth to have to backspace over my dashes. I explained the dash thing in a few posts, and just decided that this is how I like writing it, and that's it.
Thank you...

Yes, it's a small insignificant thing -- except to those who do it out of superstitious dread ---- they're the ones I like twisting tails with....

Doing it out of habit -- I fully understand -- and apologize for upsetting you..........

I do the same thing with periods.......... ...

It too is a habit I picked up in the service, using teletype. When you were using a secure line - you had to maintain at least a 1 character per second rate of typing or the carrier signal would drop. Hence the periods - which were sort of a "I'm thinking" symbol.......

Again - sorry for the upset....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
09-05-2016, 04:56 AM
(09-05-2016 04:40 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 08:19 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I do it because of cultural reasons. There is no religious reason for it. It's just cultural.

God, god, GOD, MOTHERFUCKING GOD.

I'm not afraid of going to Jew-hell for spelling it out. There's no religious law against it. It's just a habit. The dash is so automatic for me that when I type God, I have to go back and erase the dash to insert the "o".

When I got here, I typed the o, but I had forgotten it a few times and I ultimately decided that because I have so many religious discussions here, it would be more trouble than it was worth to have to backspace over my dashes. I explained the dash thing in a few posts, and just decided that this is how I like writing it, and that's it.
Thank you...

Yes, it's a small insignificant thing -- except to those who do it out of superstitious dread ---- they're the ones I like twisting tails with....

Doing it out of habit -- I fully understand -- and apologize for upsetting you..........

I do the same thing with periods.......... ...

It too is a habit I picked up in the service, using teletype. When you were using a secure line - you had to maintain at least a 1 character per second rate of typing or the carrier signal would drop. Hence the periods - which were sort of a "I'm thinking" symbol.......

Again - sorry for the upset....

No worries. Just don't spell out the name of B-b. That would be unwise.
[+] 6 users Like Aliza's post
09-05-2016, 04:57 AM
So says Thrashbarg, and Tharshbarg is an expert on such things -- and so on and so forth...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-05-2016, 04:58 AM
(09-05-2016 04:56 AM)Aliza Wrote:  No worries. Just don't spell out the name of B-b. That would be unwise.

Why? What's wrong with the name Bob?

[Image: awesome_photos07-e1319578518954.jpg]

Son of a bitch...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 12 users Like EvolutionKills's post
09-05-2016, 05:01 AM
(09-05-2016 04:58 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 04:56 AM)Aliza Wrote:  No worries. Just don't spell out the name of B-b. That would be unwise.

Why? What's wrong with the name Bob?

[Image: awesome_photos07-e1319578518954.jpg]

Son of a bitch...

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

I warned you!
[+] 5 users Like Aliza's post
09-05-2016, 05:19 AM
There is no such thing as an invisible sky wizard, call it a deity, entity, god God or super natural cognition. All those claims are nothing but reflections of human qualities reflecting our species desires, narcissism, fears and insecurities.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
09-05-2016, 05:22 AM
(09-05-2016 05:19 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  There is no such thing as an invisible sky wizard, call it a deity, entity, god God or super natural cognition. All those claims are nothing but reflections of human qualities reflecting our species desires, narcissism, fears and insecurities.

Let your mind dwell on the ineffable mystery of the giant earwig.....

09-05-2016, 05:23 AM
(09-05-2016 05:19 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  There is no such thing as an invisible sky wizard, call it a deity, entity, god God or super natural cognition. All those claims are nothing but reflections of human qualities reflecting our species desires, narcissism, fears and insecurities.

[/deja vu]