Your greatest piece of good fortune

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2015, 05:19 PM
RE: Your greatest piece of good fortune
Being born into a family that encouraged open minded learning. It's the best thing that could have happened to me.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
05-06-2015, 05:19 PM
(05-06-2015 05:08 PM)LostLegend Wrote:  My Mum very nearly called me John-Paul Blink but changed her mind at the very last second!

Beatles fan?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
05-06-2015, 05:22 PM
(05-06-2015 05:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The series of circumstances that led me to having an excellent medical team after my cancer diagnosis.

I am so very pleased you are here. The world would be the poorer without you.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
05-06-2015, 05:40 PM
Your greatest piece of good fortune
Contracting haemophilus influenzae meningitis (before they had Hib vaccines) at 15 months. Went mostly untreated, because the doctors thought it was strep. While on the New Jersey Turnpike my heart stopped, which my father restarted. Was in a coma for a long time, heart stopping a few times. Spinal fluid was milky and I was the worst case in the hospital.

The doctor who was in charge had lost his daughter to it so did his best. I was the only one who lived.

Sure, I have some lasting problems, but the amount of oddities are strange:
1. Doc was giving me meds for strep, slowing the meningitis.
2. Father slapped my back, restarting my heart. Never did ask him what made him do it.
3. First went downhill near the hospital where a doc knowledgeable of it worked.
4. My sister & brother hadn't caught it (but family got meds just in case).
5. Was the worst, but lived but the others didn't.

And to think I'm atheist. Smile
[+] 7 users Like Clockwork's post
05-06-2015, 05:41 PM
(05-06-2015 05:22 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(05-06-2015 05:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The series of circumstances that led me to having an excellent medical team after my cancer diagnosis.

I am so very pleased you are here. The world would be the poorer without you.

Blush

I feel the same about you. Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
05-06-2015, 05:49 PM
Terriffic Clockwork. Thumbsup

This is a nice thread idea.

Thanks Anjele. Smile

(05-06-2015 05:40 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Contracting haemophilus influenzae meningitis (before they had Hib vaccines) at 15 months. Went mostly untreated, because the doctors thought it was strep. While on the New Jersey Turnpike my heart stopped, which my father restarted. Was in a coma for a long time, heart stopping a few times. Spinal fluid was milky and I was the worst case in the hospital.

The doctor who was in charge had lost his daughter to it so did his best. I was the only one who lived.

Sure, I have some lasting problems, but the amount of oddities are strange:
1. Doc was giving me meds for strep, slowing the meningitis.
2. Father slapped my back, restarting my heart. Never did ask him what made him do it.
3. First went downhill near the hospital where a doc knowledgeable of it worked.
4. My sister & brother hadn't caught it (but family got meds just in case).
5. Was the worst, but lived but the others didn't.

And to think I'm atheist. Smile

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
05-06-2015, 05:52 PM
(05-06-2015 05:19 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(05-06-2015 05:08 PM)LostLegend Wrote:  My Mum very nearly called me John-Paul Blink but changed her mind at the very last second!

Beatles fan?

Well that would match up with my home city Tongue
There's nothing wrong with either the names John or Paul, I think she realised that double barrelled forenames are made of fail Tongue

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
05-06-2015, 06:04 PM
Jean Paul would be better. I loved Sartre when I was a youth. Smile

Banjo.
05-06-2015, 06:58 PM
I can't even count the times I got into trouble and emerged unscathed due to pure luck.

Probably the accident in the VW bug, when I was a teen. I was a passenger in the back seat. The bug rolled and crumpled into a small ball of metal. To this day my ribs on one side are somewhat pushed in, I was stuck between one of the walls of the car and the driver's seat. No one knows how I didn't suffocate - god musta loved me Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
05-06-2015, 07:00 PM
Aether loved you? Cool. Smile

Banjo.