Your greatest piece of good fortune

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2015, 07:34 PM
RE: Your greatest piece of good fortune
I won a Nintendo in a book club contest in 3rd grade.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2015, 08:49 PM
My path crossed with the woman I married and is my best friend.
Took her to the airport today and we're apart for the first time in a long time, really drives home how much I love her and how lucky I am. Perhaps corny but true. Blush

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 7 users Like Full Circle's post
05-06-2015, 08:51 PM
(05-06-2015 08:49 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  My path crossed with the woman I married and is my best friend.
Took her to the airport today and we're apart for the first time in a long time, really drives home how much I love her and how lucky I am. Perhaps corny but true. Blush

Very sweet Smile
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
05-06-2015, 08:56 PM
(05-06-2015 07:34 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I won a Nintendo in a book club contest in 3rd grade.

A book club gave away a video game console? Blink

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
05-06-2015, 09:00 PM
(05-06-2015 08:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(05-06-2015 07:34 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I won a Nintendo in a book club contest in 3rd grade.

A book club gave away a video game console? Blink

It was that thing where they'd give us a book catalog and we could order stuff from it. One time they had a contest enclosed and the prize was a Nintendo.

'Murican Canadian
05-06-2015, 09:34 PM

Man.....books gave up the entertainment war with out much of a fight.

As for me I've got two, and we will start with the lighter of the two. When I was about 10 or 11 I was living on the family farm and we went to a really big event, a kind of farmers Trade show. Everyone who wanted to could enter the door prize so we all did, my mother, brother, and I. Well the end of the day rolls around and they do the draw and I just so happened to win the grand prize: Bull semen. I was the luckiest 10 year old in the whole wide world. :l Now to be fair this was a champion prize bull so what I had won was worth, as I would find out years later, well over $7000. We ate good for like 3 weeks. I wish we had sold it though.

As for when I was ACTUALLY the luckiest I've ever been in my life that would be in France where some shithead ran up to me and in French (which I do not speak) demanded my wallet while, less then politely, jamming a ratty little 9mm in my face. Not understanding much French at all I inferred his intent and reached for my wallet which I have always kept in my back pocket. He yelled something which I didn't understand (which turned out to be along the lines of "keep your fucking hands up") and pulled the trigger. Faulty primer. Gun wouldn't fire and he never got time to pull the slide back to chamber a fresh round. I was not eager to be shot again at all, let alone in the face. On the other hand I had to listen to talk from friends and family about how god was watching out for me that day for ages, a thing which that bullet could have saved me from. Lazy asshole bullet.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
05-06-2015, 09:36 PM
Good family genes. Blush

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
05-06-2015, 10:03 PM
Randomly met the most wonderful woman in the world.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 6 users Like Revenant77x's post
05-06-2015, 10:16 PM
(05-06-2015 10:03 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Randomly met the most wonderful woman in the world.

Blush Sadcryface Hug

I think my thinker is broken now. Blush *speechless* Blush

An unexpected error has occurred.
PRESS ANY KEY TO RESTART
Hobo Hobo Hobo Hobo

[+] 4 users Like Escape Artist's post
05-06-2015, 10:23 PM
EA-DOS Version Ho.bo

C:/>