Your judgement day defense strageity?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2014, 11:43 PM
RE: Your judgement day defense strageity?
(03-02-2014 03:01 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  Fear not! Richard dawkins has you covered!

I would like to see one where the Pope dies and meets a very angry Allah.

"If what you say is actually true, I would want to know it too. ... You can convince me, and if it is true I want you to convince me ... and I will thank you for convincing me."

AronRa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXJHVB7pROE
9:18
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Question Everything's post
04-02-2014, 12:05 AM
Always been partial to this response.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
04-02-2014, 12:05 AM
(03-02-2014 01:50 AM)Drich Wrote:  Or do you have something better?

I suppose I'd grovel for mercy.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
04-02-2014, 12:14 AM
(03-02-2014 06:19 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Thread closed for a while.

Thread reopened. Behave yourselves.

Try taking your own "advice".

[Image: jesus-christ-velvet-painting.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
04-02-2014, 05:22 AM
(03-02-2014 01:50 AM)Drich Wrote:  Simple premise. If this whole atheism thing turns out to be wrong, and you die only to wake up standing before the God of the bible, what will you say?

You gave me no proof.

You should have done miricals in my time..

Will you try and turn things on God and put Him on the defensive?

Why do kids get cancer
Why do babies in Africa get aids or starve to death etc..

Or will you say you were a good and moral man?

Or will you be judged and go with what Christ decides?

Or do you have something better?

"Well, you are supposed to be omnipotent. Only person you can rationally blame is yourself for seeing this coming and not doing anything about it... Wait... You can only blame yourself for not causing a paradox doesn't sound right... Ultimately you did know how this would turn out regardless of your paradoxical existence."

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
04-02-2014, 05:26 AM
(03-02-2014 01:55 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  .... dude, you're telling me to ask something I don't believe exists for something I don't think that non-existent thing can provide according to an instruction set that comes across as foreskin-obsessed lunacy and which also tells me that I should kill nonbelievers, and that the fact that either (A) I'm not inclined to do this any more than I'm inclined to engage in the rituals of, say, the Prince Charles Movement (among gajillions of other possiblities); (B) I DID do this and didn't receive, recognize, whatever the promised evidence; or © I once believed, tried to find the evidence, couldn't, and stopped believing; somehow justifies... what, eternal torture?

Wow!
**clapping**Clap

Awesome post!

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
04-02-2014, 08:32 AM
(03-02-2014 11:15 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Actually (and I am NOT trying to start an argument with you) .... but if you really mean "choice" then you would wait for an invitation or questions from folks here before "offering" anything.
In life I Fix things for a living. I have found that people will not choose to have things fixed if they are unaware that it is broken. Me asking this question, and whom ever gives an answer that is not accepting of his fate in hell if that were the case, is a symptom of a greater problem.

In that if you are made to face the reality of Hell (Even in a what if) most of you would not choose it. So the question becomes why if you are indeed atheists? The answers I provided in the OP highlight the typical 'whys' I've gotten over the years. If you can identify with one of these whys and honestly look at why God has rejected this why then perhaps you just might see your reasoning to be broken or faulty, and then seek a more resonable answer.

Quote:Not going off on You specifically - but it always irritates me when theists visit atheists forum and then relay that they are "here to offer a choice". I call Bullshit.
If you're a theist and you're scrolling through the internet looking for some folks to hang out with - why on earth would you purposefully choose an atheist forum where you already know very few - if any - are going to be requesting to learn more about your god?
Actually that is not the case at all. Most Atheists, are ex-Christians who have 'fallen through the cracks.' Or they have asked God for a closer relationship and did not get the response they were looking for, and do not understand why. so they are simply angry. I would say a good 2/3rds just want to know that the person they are talking to will not abandon them as they feel others in the church and perhaps even God did when they started to question things they were taught not to question.

I'm in it for the long game, and I am willing to put in the time (lord willing.) There are no honest biblically based questions I will not try and find an answer for.

Quote:So.....
I suggest that You come here for conversions if they are possible........ and not really here for our "choice".
Perhaps I am here for conversations/Answer questions about your choice.

Quote:Basic "choice"- made obvious by membership would likely be that people here prefer to not be converted.
Good, not my job anyway. I am a simple broadcaster.

Quote:If you were truly interested in OUR choice you'd have waited for an invitation - aka - "hello there. Could you please tell us more about your god? We have questions. Thanks"
If you will note that is exactly what I have done... Or was it me who posted on your thread?
04-02-2014, 08:44 AM
(04-02-2014 08:32 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 11:15 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Actually (and I am NOT trying to start an argument with you) .... but if you really mean "choice" then you would wait for an invitation or questions from folks here before "offering" anything.
In life I Fix things for a living. I have found that people will not choose to have things fixed if they are unaware that it is broken. Me asking this question, and whom ever gives an answer that is not accepting of his fate in hell if that were the case, is a symptom of a greater problem.

In that if you are made to face the reality of Hell (Even in a what if) most of you would not choose it. So the question becomes why if you are indeed atheists? The answers I provided in the OP highlight the typical 'whys' I've gotten over the years. If you can identify with one of these whys and honestly look at why God has rejected this why then perhaps you just might see your reasoning to be broken or faulty, and then seek a more resonable answer.

Quote:Not going off on You specifically - but it always irritates me when theists visit atheists forum and then relay that they are "here to offer a choice". I call Bullshit.
If you're a theist and you're scrolling through the internet looking for some folks to hang out with - why on earth would you purposefully choose an atheist forum where you already know very few - if any - are going to be requesting to learn more about your god?
Actually that is not the case at all. Most Atheists, are ex-Christians who have 'fallen through the cracks.' Or they have asked God for a closer relationship and did not get the response they were looking for, and do not understand why. so they are simply angry. I would say a good 2/3rds just want to know that the person they are talking to will not abandon them as they feel others in the church and perhaps even God did when they started to question things they were taught not to question.

I'm in it for the long game, and I am willing to put in the time (lord willing.) There are no honest biblically based questions I will not try and find an answer for.

Quote:So.....
I suggest that You come here for conversions if they are possible........ and not really here for our "choice".

Quote:Basic "choice"- made obvious by membership would likely be that people here prefer to not be converted.

Quote:If you were truly interested in OUR choice you'd have waited for an invitation - aka - "hello there. Could you please tell us more about your god? We have questions. Thanks"
If you will note that is exactly what I have done... Or was it me who posted on your thread?

I get your point that I posted in Your thread. Got it.

But

I still think you are assuming a great deal. Maybe hang out here more and get to know members here before you Assume anyone here wants to know about hell you'd like to save us from.

My comments were for the more generalized view that theists take (apparently) that atheist forums are interested in their peddling of salvation.Blink Or in your case that we are unaware of our need of such....

which is actually worse, I'm afraid.

just my two cents worth

That christian assumption that others need what YOU have is only that...... an assumption. And it can be taken as pretty disrespectful quite frankly.

Sooooo - let's try this - you clean Your house and I'll clean Mine and we should just respect each other's boundaries.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
04-02-2014, 08:53 AM

A problem of your own imagination.

(04-02-2014 08:32 AM)Drich Wrote:  In that if you are made to face the reality of Hell (Even in a what if) most of you would not choose it. So the question becomes why if you are indeed atheists? The answers I provided in the OP highlight the typical 'whys' I've gotten over the years. If you can identify with one of these whys and honestly look at why God has rejected this why then perhaps you just might see your reasoning to be broken or faulty, and then seek a more resonable[sic] answer.

Complete and utter lack of evidence for you entire premise; up to and including the existence of a god, let alone your hyper specific version of Yahweh and/or Jesus, other planes of existence, let alone the hyper specific versions of Heaven and/or Hell, and indeed the super-natural itself.

What is your defense for Godzilla when he rises up out of the sea of Japan and makes a beeline to wafflestomp all over your sorry ass? Don't you see the inherent value in considering the question, even only as a 'what if' scenario?

Nope, I imagine the satire is lost on you.

(03-02-2014 11:15 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Not going off on You specifically - but it always irritates me when theists visit atheists forum and then relay that they are "here to offer a choice". I call Bullshit.

My, my, aren't you the presumptuous little shit this morning? Please, do tell us again how we all feel and indeed our very reasons for being atheists...

(04-02-2014 08:32 AM)Drich Wrote:  I'm in it for the long game, and I am willing to put in the time (lord willing.) There are no honest biblically based questions I will not try and find an answer for.

Funny thing is that we can, you know, actually read the fucking Bible ourselves. Most all of us have, and studies have shown repeatedly that atheist are the most well informed category and that we are far more likely to have actually read the Bible than any other actual Christian denomination (the only ones that get close to atheists are Jews and Mormons ironically enough).

(03-02-2014 11:15 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  So.....

All you've done so far is pan-handle tired old Christian apologetics. The same old non-answers and presuppositional bullshit we've all heard before. You are not new, novel, or at all interesting.

(03-02-2014 11:15 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Basic "choice"- made obvious by membership would likely be that people here prefer to not be converted.

Then you shouldn't mind when we change the channel to another station, or turn it off entirely.

(03-02-2014 11:15 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  If you were truly interested in OUR choice you'd have waited for an invitation - aka - "hello there. Could you please tell us more about your god? We have questions. Thanks"

Sorry, did you miss the whole bit where you posted a presumptuous thread on an atheist forum? Are you really that fucking thick? Wait, rhetorical question...

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
04-02-2014, 10:01 AM
(04-02-2014 08:32 AM)Drich Wrote:  In that if you are made to face the reality of Hell (Even in a what if) most of you would not choose it. So the question becomes why if you are indeed atheists? The answers I provided in the OP highlight the typical 'whys' I've gotten over the years. If you can identify with one of these whys and honestly look at why God has rejected this why then perhaps you just might see your reasoning to be broken or faulty, and then seek a more resonable[sic] answer.

Could you clarify all of this mess ?
Yes, when faced with torture, most people 99.99999% would choose to avoid it.
What a clever insight you have made into the human condition.
As for why atheists would avoid this ? Well, we are human, are we not ?
No big mystery there

What why is god rejecting ? You lost me on this.
And in the process we atheists might realize that our reasoning is broken and seek a more reasonable answer ? WTF ?
Please explain.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post