Your judgement day defense strageity?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2014, 02:42 PM
RE: Your judgement day defense strageity?
(03-02-2014 11:39 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Seems silly to me to have to stand in judgement. If God knows all and sees all I would assume the decision has already been made as to my place for all eternity.
The judgement is not for Him. It's for you. Wouldn't you want to know why you spend eternity where you are to spend it?

Quote: Why not just ship me straight to where I am headed instead of God needing the chance to actually bang the gavel?
So you are not haunted with the question as to why you are where you are for eternity.

Quote: Seems he wouldn't have time to do much else if he is standing at the ticket counter making sure you have a valid pass. Perhaps he is so evil he has to be the one to say that entry into Heaven is declined. Doesn't it go counter to teaching that you can change your mind after you are dead?
what have I said that makes you think you have this option?

Quote: Seems that would cut down on the number of supposed death bed conversions if you get one more chance.

But, either way, I don't believe in any of it so there's that.
I hate to break it to you there will be very few recognized death bed conversions.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2014, 02:42 PM
(04-02-2014 02:39 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 11:28 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Well, well, well! Isn't it possible that God has broken his promise to us?
no. i and others like me have cashed in on his promise. This is something you can do as well.

Dodgy
You're Scotsmanning again, Drich.

... this is my signature!
04-02-2014, 02:48 PM
(04-02-2014 08:32 AM)Drich Wrote:  In life I Fix things for a living. I have found that people will not choose to have things fixed if they are unaware that it is broken. Me asking this question, and whom ever gives an answer that is not accepting of his fate in hell if that were the case, is a symptom of a greater problem.

So we're broken because we don't believe in your fairy tales of gods and demons and hell fire? Been there, done that. I was broken then, but I'm all better now, thanks.

So go choke on a dick, troll.
04-02-2014, 02:52 PM
(03-02-2014 01:02 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 11:00 AM)Drich Wrote:  Actually no. the no true scotsman fallacy hinges on the idea that there aren't actual requirements for a true scotsman.

Nope. It does apply. Thanks for playing!

(03-02-2014 11:00 AM)Drich Wrote:  Unfortunatly your appeal to this fallacy is unfounded because there are indeed rules to Christianity founded in Scripture.

Christ himself tells us that not everyone who calls themselves a christian are indeed followers of Christ. Then He proceeds to give reasons why.
No.

See, here's the thing: you can't know whether or not we've tried the prescribed method.
(incidentally, for what it's worth, many of us have)

The claim is "if X then Y". If you ask ("correctly" Rolleyes ) then you will get "the" answer.

Faced with people saying "I X'd but didn't get Y", you say "you didn't X right".

There literally could not be a a more perfect and succinct example of a No True Scotsman fallacy.

Deal with it.

I liked this post because you just buried yourself. My explaination may have been simple (deceptivly so) but it was backed up by actual reference material. not a convoluded explaination.

no true scotsman
You made what could be called an appeal to purity as a way to dismiss relevant criticisms or flaws of your argument.In this form of faulty reasoning one's belief is rendered unfalsifiable because no matter how compelling the evidence is, one simply shifts the goalposts so that it wouldn't apply to a supposedly 'true' example. This kind of post-rationalization is a way of avoiding valid criticisms of one's argument.

Example: Angus declares that Scotsmen do not put sugar on their porridge, to which Lachlan points out that he is a Scotsman and puts sugar on his porridge. Furious, like a true Scot, Angus yells that no true Scotsman sugars his porridge.
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/no-true-scotsman

See sport, this is why I asked you for proof in your other thread not mindless conjecture or empty commentary.Thumbsup

Oh, oh, and also I know you have not tried this prescribed method because you are not currently engauged in it. The method requires one look till He finds God. Appearently none of you has found God per the title you have awarded yourselves, and all of you have stopped looking again per the title you wear so proudly...

Cool
04-02-2014, 02:54 PM
(03-02-2014 01:54 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 11:21 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I call Poe.

No way this is for real.

Big Grin

.... um, Poe's Law cites that a Poe is indistinguishable from a real wackjob.
Im a real wack job. fear not!
04-02-2014, 03:00 PM
Drich Wrote:Oh, oh, and also I know you have not tried this prescribed method because you are not currently engaged in it. The method requires one look till He finds God. Apparently none of you has found God per the title you have awarded yourselves, and all of you have stopped looking again per the title you wear so proudly...

This is the first thing that's been posted that I've seen that has me exploding on my side of the keyboard.

To dismiss others as "You haven't done it right..."

To quote a paraphrase an old television character.. "It makes me want to jump through the screen and rip your bloody arms off!"

Farewell Aunty Jack

You're doing a good job of pushing people's aggression buttons Drich.
04-02-2014, 03:05 PM
04-02-2014, 03:05 PM
The fun part about this whole thread is that the discussion is based on an ginormus IF. So basically Drich can spout his shit all day, but until he doesn't prove that IF to be actually true he's just talking about the merits of a particular piece of fantasy literature (not even a good one)

So Drich, do you have any way of taking that IF you put there out of the way or is this just a babbling fest?

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
04-02-2014, 03:10 PM
(04-02-2014 02:52 PM)Drich Wrote:  I liked this post because you just buried yourself. My explaination may have been simple (deceptivly so) but it was backed up by actual reference material. not a convoluded explaination.

No. We got it.

You, apparently, don't.

(04-02-2014 02:52 PM)Drich Wrote:  Oh, oh, and also I know you have not tried this prescribed method because you are not currently engauged in it. The method requires one look till He finds God. Appearently none of you has found God per the title you have awarded yourselves, and all of you have stopped looking again per the title you wear so proudly...

I think I see what's happened. You're an idiot.

You've revised your claim to "do X until Y".
Now, if someone says "I X'd but Y didn't happen", you can respond, "you didn't X long enough". Where "long enough" is always "just a little longer than you actually tried". Nevermind that this is functionally equivalent to saying "you did X wrong".

I will submit to you a hypothetical:
under your new claim, it is possible for one to look until death and find nothing. What then?

And since, unlike I and I, you can't minds, on what possible basis can you claim to know what any of us are thinking? Are you delusional? Are you being deliberately facetious? Are you stupid? Please let me know which.

... this is my signature!
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
04-02-2014, 03:12 PM
(03-02-2014 03:03 PM)meremortal Wrote:  Wrong. The only choice we've made is to follow logic and evidence.

You have not established that the subject deity exists, much less the choice said deity is supposedly giving us.
It's not my job to establish God. It's his. My job begins and ends with pointing people in the right direction when and if they want God to establish himself in their lives.

Quote:So, there is no choice to be made until establishing a reason to believe the god of the bible exists and it is all going down like your interpretation of the bible suggests.
I can see you trying to argue this on that day..Angel
and you would here something like: Ahhh, no. Bible interpertation has little to nothing to do with a relationship with God. One must simply be faith to what he has been given.

Quote:If you are referring to my choice to live by logic and evidence, then yes, I am quite comfortable with that. If you are talking about the supposed choice given to us by your bible god, I have made no such choice because it has not been established that the entity that would be offering that choice even exists.
appearently not. Those who are truly comfortable do not build such eloberate arguements and defend them so agressivly.

Do you worry about Thor's judgement of what about baal? Would you spend hours or weeks or even years discussing why these dead gods of generations past will not judge you?
no we do not justify ourselves against what has truly been dismissed in our hearts.

Me thinks the atheist protests too much!Blush