Your judgement day defense strageity?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2014, 03:17 PM
RE: Your judgement day defense strageity?
(04-02-2014 03:12 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 03:03 PM)meremortal Wrote:  Wrong. The only choice we've made is to follow logic and evidence.

You have not established that the subject deity exists, much less the choice said deity is supposedly giving us.
It's not my job to establish God. It's his. My job begins and ends with pointing people in the right direction when and if they want God to establish himself in their lives.

And making terrible excuses for either a), when that doesn't happen, or b), when someone deconverts.

Thumbsup

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2014, 03:18 PM
(03-02-2014 02:57 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  "Why did you go to so much trouble to make it look like you don't exist."
Our choice can not be made in the know Glory of God, therefore He must hide Himself till we make our choice.

It would be like going out on a date with a few different people and be told to pick the one you think you could love, without knowing anything else but what you Ask of them.
vs
Being told one of these people is a billionare of the gates or hiltion fortune. then be told to pick the one you could love.

If the knoweledge of this person's money was made known to you then that is all you would be able to see.

God is and offers so much more wealth than anything or anyone on this planet could possiably offer.

God wants you to choose to be with Him because you want to love and be with Him, not because of what He can do for you.
04-02-2014, 03:20 PM
Drich Wrote:It's not my job to establish God. It's his. My job begins and ends with pointing people in the right direction when and if they want God to establish himself in their lives.

And what a bang up job said deity has NOT been doing. Tongue

Drich Wrote:Apparently not. Those who are truly comfortable do not build such elaborate arguments and defend them so aggressively.

? *Looks around very puzzled* I...don't see any arguments. I don't see anything relating to existence of deities, either. Or are you saving that for the other thread about "What would it take to prove..." ?

Drich Wrote:Do you worry about Thor's judgement of what about baal? Would you spend hours or weeks or even years discussing why these dead gods of generations past will not judge you?

Wait? Thor's dead? F@CK! I wanted a sequel!

Drich Wrote:No we do not justify ourselves against what has truly been dismissed in our hearts.

There you go again. If I could, I'd be ripping arms right about now....

Very much cheers to all.
04-02-2014, 03:21 PM
(03-02-2014 11:43 PM)Question Everything Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 03:01 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  Fear not! Richard dawkins has you covered!

I would like to see one where the Pope dies and meets a very angry Allah.

When the pope dies he maybe faced with a very angry God.
04-02-2014, 03:22 PM
(04-02-2014 12:05 AM)toadaly Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 01:50 AM)Drich Wrote:  Or do you have something better?

I suppose I'd grovel for mercy.

I hope it does not come to that for you.
04-02-2014, 03:28 PM
(04-02-2014 03:22 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 12:05 AM)toadaly Wrote:  I suppose I'd grovel for mercy.

I hope it does not come to that for you.

I think it would for you, your god tends not to like your pharisaic attitude http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharisee_and_the_Publican Drinking Beverage

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
04-02-2014, 03:31 PM
(04-02-2014 10:01 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Could you clarify all of this mess ?
I will try.

Quote:Yes, when faced with torture, most people 99.99999% would choose to avoid it.
The question was not would you elect to avoid your fate. The question was what will you say to God when standing of judgement by him?

Quote:What a clever insight you have made into the human condition.
As for why atheists would avoid this ? Well, we are human, are we not ?
No big mystery there
Well no, A True Atheist *TM stands behind his life long persute of logic and reason, and deny God to the end. Because He would know there is absolutly nothing to be said at this point.

Quote:What why is god rejecting ? You lost me on this.
I've lost me too.Blush

Quote:And in the process we atheists might realize that our reasoning is broken and seek a more reasonable answer ? WTF ?
Please explain.
The ablity to identify broken reasoning is to admit to logical errors or flaws based on an incomplete understanding of Biblical Christianity.
04-02-2014, 03:35 PM
(04-02-2014 03:21 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 11:43 PM)Question Everything Wrote:  I would like to see one where the Pope dies and meets a very angry Allah.

When the pope dies he maybe faced with a very angry God.

Rolleyes Ah yes, because *not only* are atheists wrong, so is very nearly everyone else. Every bloody ridiculous sect and schism, every daft cult, they *all* claim access to the One Truth, whatever that truth may be.

Fuck I need to do this a bit more: RolleyesRolleyesRolleyesRolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
04-02-2014, 03:37 PM
(04-02-2014 03:31 PM)Drich Wrote:  
Quote:And in the process we atheists might realize that our reasoning is broken and seek a more reasonable answer ? WTF ?
Please explain.
The ablity to identify broken reasoning is to admit to logical errors or flaws based on an incomplete understanding of Biblical Christianity.

Laughat Since when do you get to decide to tack on this extra stuff ? I assert that your incomplete understanding of earwax is the reason your shorts are on fire. Not real fire. Invisible God fire.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
04-02-2014, 03:42 PM
Well they tell me of a pie up in the sky
Waiting for me when I die
But between the day you're born and when you die
They never seem to hear even your cry

Well stoned and listening to this in a San Francisco theater at the beginning of "The Harder They Come" I was immediately hooked on both Reggae and the movie I was watching.

Fuck the pie up in the sky. And fuck the non existent deity that humans created.
[+] 1 user Likes JAH's post