Your judgement day defense strageity?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2014, 03:43 PM
RE: Your judgement day defense strageity?
(04-02-2014 03:31 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 10:01 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  What a clever insight you have made into the human condition.
As for why atheists would avoid this ? Well, we are human, are we not ?
No big mystery there
Well no, A True Atheist *TM stands behind his life long persute[sic] of logic and reason, and deny God to the end. Because He would know there is absolutly[sic] nothing to be said at this point.

Fuck you Drich, just because you believe in a god doesn't grant you the magically ability to accurately psychoanalyze over the internet or make sweeping generalizations about a group of people who's only unifying characteristic is 'lack of belief in god(s)'; notice that the reason for that lack of belief is not defined, you presumptuous fucktard. Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
04-02-2014, 03:50 PM
(04-02-2014 11:40 AM)natachan Wrote:  Ok, we'll do it that way.

I'm a student of civil engineering. I build things. In order to build I know that you must have a good foundation, you must choose the right materials, and you must always survey a site before you do anything to see if building there is advisable.
Your mixing metaphores. In order to 'fix' something that means it's pre-existing. Meaning someone else has already 'built' it. so what has already been built? Our world view. we are all pretty much adults here, and if you are arguing points then you have a world view. So again why is their a need to change a world view if you believe you've 'surveyed, laided a proper foundation, used what you though were the proper materials and tools in the correct 'site' of your peers?' Their isn't one unless your first made aware that something needs to be fixed.

Quote:What foundation do you offer? A book written by people who didn't know about germs and thought the best way to deal with sickness was by anointing people with goat blood. A book that endorses genocide rape and murder. A book that states I am a lower order of human because I am female. I would as soon build on quicksand as that.
actually the book is the key to the foundation and not the foundation itself. One of the rattiest keys i have is to a car that most would envy. One does not drive a key, one does not enjoy taking a key through it's paces.. But as with all precious things a key is needed to access what others may not be meant to have.

Quote:What tools and materials do you offer? You tell me to reject my reason, my rationality, and just believe. You tell me to reject reality if needed because God's will is greater. You have asked me to build with termite infested lumber, and I will not do it.
I have NEVER told anyone this. God provides proof. God establishes and maintains our relationships. All we have to do is to be faithful for what He has given us.

Quote:What sort of site is this? I see willfull ignorance and prejudice. I see xenophobia and fear. I do not want to build in such a swamp.
Then you are seriously guilty of some short 'sitedness' Pun intended.
Biblical Christianity is Love, forgiveness and long suffering.
04-02-2014, 03:52 PM
(04-02-2014 11:52 AM)Cephalotus Wrote:  I guess it depends on who's doing the judging.

If I see a scale, I'm going to start spouting off negative confessions as fast as I can. If I see a bunch of Greeco-roman decor, I'm going to show some leg and/or cleavage. (In case you didn't know, Greek mythology almost literally begins and ends with "Zeus couldn't keep it in his pants.") ^_^

no, no i get it. that was very funny.

What if you saw a deli slicer/doubled edged sword?
04-02-2014, 04:19 PM
My judgement day strategy is opening with this quote:

Matthew 7:1-3
King James Version (KJV)
7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

The best defense is offense. Then it will be I who judges God for all the awful things in the Bible. In case God tries to cop out, Epicurus it is. Anyway, I'm pretty sure God knows that already and he won't even start any judging. We're safe.

In case I get sent to Hell, I'll organize all the good and rational people to take bad people and use them to plug the burning gas vents in the ground and then organize some armed resistance against the demons. Maybe we'll even manage to capture a few demon generals as hostages and negotiate with Satan himself.
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post
04-02-2014, 04:22 PM
Gotta luv how these self appointed saviours pick and chose who and what to respond to, just as they pick and chose which parts of their book they obey

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
04-02-2014, 04:25 PM
Because " xian god" is "omniscent and omnipotent", I would say he couldn't punish me because he basically would control me and know what I would do before it ever happened, so I can't be guilty of anything at all.

You can't blame a puppet that has no free will. You blame the provider of will. ("God")

Wait! I understand cheezus' crucification! God is cheezus, so "god" is punishing himself for his creations.
So "god" should be sent to Hell in the form of billions of entities!
And that means "god " is a emo psychopath that constantly interacts with himself in the form of flesh puppets!
It all makes sense now!

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 2 users Like Alex_Leonardo's post
04-02-2014, 09:34 PM
(04-02-2014 03:12 PM)Drich Wrote:  Do you worry about Thor's judgement ... ?

My little brother doesn't judge. That'd be My nephew Forseti (Balder's kid) who does the everyday judging. (The Norns handle the Supreme Court-type cases.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-02-2014, 09:35 PM
(04-02-2014 03:50 PM)Drich Wrote:  Biblical Christianity is Love, forgiveness and long suffering.

So hell is just a fiction, then, made up by control-freak theocrats?

You can't have it both ways, Drich: Love or hell. Pick one.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-02-2014, 10:01 PM
Coming from a Christian, the question is self condemning to you. You are inciting people to mock GOD. You are judge and executioner. You have usurped the place of GOD. What is your judgment day strategy? I'm not kidding!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
04-02-2014, 10:33 PM
(04-02-2014 03:05 PM)nach_in Wrote:  The fun part about this whole thread is that the discussion is based on an ginormus IF. So basically Drich can spout his shit all day, but until he doesn't prove that IF to be actually true he's just talking about the merits of a particular piece of fantasy literature (not even a good one)

So Drich, do you have any way of taking that IF you put there out of the way or is this just a babbling fest?

The if was intentional. I'm just testing the waters. Atheists typically lead with their chins, and best swing out the gate. Just wanted to see where everyone stood. We will revisit this discussions in smaller chunks and work them over till they become more digestible.

Rome wasn't built in a day.