Your judgement day defense strageity?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2014, 10:42 PM
RE: Your judgement day defense strageity?
(04-02-2014 03:10 PM)cjlr Wrote:  No. We got it.

apparently not because I posted an actual definition, and your still hanging on to your home spun version of no true Scotsman... Truthfully explain how you can rectify this level of intellectual dishonesty?

Quote:I think I see what's happened. You're an idiot.
Actually your being obstinate, and dishonest. I posted a legitimate definition sighting a legitimate source, and your still trying to teach a math class.

Quote:I will submit to you a hypothetical:
you can submit whatever you like sport but until you address the posted definition you look to be a bit foolish and self important. As such I am well with in my conversational rights to dismiss the rest of your argument as a red herring.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Drich's post
04-02-2014, 10:42 PM
(04-02-2014 10:33 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 03:05 PM)nach_in Wrote:  The fun part about this whole thread is that the discussion is based on an ginormus IF. So basically Drich can spout his shit all day, but until he doesn't prove that IF to be actually true he's just talking about the merits of a particular piece of fantasy literature (not even a good one)

So Drich, do you have any way of taking that IF you put there out of the way or is this just a babbling fest?

The if was intentional. I'm just testing the waters. Atheists typically lead with their chins, and best swing out the gate. Just wanted to see where everyone stood. We will revisit this discussions in smaller chunks and work them over till they become more digestible.

Rome wasn't built in a day.
I have so much respect for you right now. Wink

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 3 users Like Alex_Leonardo's post
04-02-2014, 10:43 PM
(04-02-2014 03:17 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 03:12 PM)Drich Wrote:  It's not my job to establish God. It's his. My job begins and ends with pointing people in the right direction when and if they want God to establish himself in their lives.

And making terrible excuses for either a), when that doesn't happen, or b), when someone deconverts.

Thumbsup

Or c) this has been the job of every Christian since Christ.
04-02-2014, 10:44 PM
(04-02-2014 03:28 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 03:22 PM)Drich Wrote:  I hope it does not come to that for you.

I think it would for you, your god tends not to like your pharisaic attitude http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharisee_and_the_Publican Drinking Beverage

Can you identify how what I said was pharisaic?
04-02-2014, 10:51 PM
(04-02-2014 03:43 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 03:31 PM)Drich Wrote:  Well no, A True Atheist *TM stands behind his life long persute[sic] of logic and reason, and deny God to the end. Because He would know there is absolutly[sic] nothing to be said at this point.

Fuck you Drich, just because you believe in a god doesn't grant you the magically ability to accurately psychoanalyze over the internet or make sweeping generalizations about a group of people who's only unifying characteristic is 'lack of belief in god(s)'; notice that the reason for that lack of belief is not defined, you presumptuous fucktard. Drinking Beverage

Then please king kitty show me where I am wrong. Not philosophically but where one of you has indeed followed the teachings of luke 11 down to the letter. Out of 19 pages of very angry writting the the seemingly intense desire as of yet, not one of you has attempted to prove me wrong.

If I was told I did not do something that I was currently struggling with trying to accomplish I would have said something.. You would think in your strong desire to prove me wrong you could have appealed to some thing strong that a politically incorrect statement.. If that appeal was your strongest attempt to knock me off my 'high horse' then I know for certain if no one else in the forum didnot ask seek and knock as outlined in luke 11 you did not.
04-02-2014, 10:52 PM
(04-02-2014 04:19 PM)Luminon Wrote:  My judgement day strategy is opening with this quote:

Matthew 7:1-3
King James Version (KJV)
7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

The best defense is offense. Then it will be I who judges God for all the awful things in the Bible. In case God tries to cop out, Epicurus it is. Anyway, I'm pretty sure God knows that already and he won't even start any judging. We're safe.

In case I get sent to Hell, I'll organize all the good and rational people to take bad people and use them to plug the burning gas vents in the ground and then organize some armed resistance against the demons. Maybe we'll even manage to capture a few demon generals as hostages and negotiate with Satan himself.
Yeah, good luck with that.
04-02-2014, 10:53 PM
(04-02-2014 10:42 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 10:33 PM)Drich Wrote:  The if was intentional. I'm just testing the waters. Atheists typically lead with their chins, and best swing out the gate. Just wanted to see where everyone stood. We will revisit this discussions in smaller chunks and work them over till they become more digestible.

Rome wasn't built in a day.
I have so much respect for you right now. Wink

Thanks???
04-02-2014, 10:54 PM
(04-02-2014 04:22 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Gotta luv how these self appointed saviours pick and chose who and what to respond to, just as they pick and chose which parts of their book they obey

Examples?
04-02-2014, 11:01 PM
(04-02-2014 04:25 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  Because " xian god" is "omniscent and omnipotent", I would say he couldn't punish me because he basically would control me and know what I would do before it ever happened, so I can't be guilty of anything at all.
Free will is a topic I plan to discuss at length, but for now look at it like you watching Forrest Gump again, or anyother movie you've seen before. Just because you know bubba is going to die right next to that river in Vietnam, does it mean you as a movie goer killed him?

Quote:You can't blame a puppet that has no free will. You blame the provider of will. ("God")
actually God uses the metaphor of all of us as being slaves. God offers freedom from this slavery, but we must first accept it. For those who do will live with Him forever and those who don't will follow their master into the second death.

We may not have complete free will but we have been given a choice to make.
04-02-2014, 11:03 PM
(04-02-2014 09:35 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 03:50 PM)Drich Wrote:  Biblical Christianity is Love, forgiveness and long suffering.

So hell is just a fiction, then, made up by control-freak theocrats?

You can't have it both ways, Drich: Love or hell. Pick one.
Your right it does come down to a choice between love or Hell.
Hell is the absence of Christ, which is also the absence of love forgiveness and long suffering. I pick Christ. Or love/agape.