Your judgement day defense strageity?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2014, 11:41 PM
RE: Your judgement day defense strageity?
I'm pretty tired I think I will goto sleep now.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2014, 11:54 PM
(04-02-2014 11:40 PM)Drich Wrote:  I haven't said anything of consequence yet. .

You NEVER have.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
04-02-2014, 11:55 PM
(04-02-2014 11:40 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 11:20 PM)nach_in Wrote:  But it's not about what you said specifically, but your whole "holier than thou" attitude,
please explain, what make me holier than, well.. thou?

Quote:you come here as the pharisee carrying the torch of the "true faith"
actually I am not a 'faith' preacher. I preach belief based on the evidence God has offered to provide.

Quote:and you look down upon the heathen
if I truly looked down on you all my word selection would not be so selective. You good people have given me more than one opportunity to have a justified reason to go off. I haven't, and there is a reason behind that.

Quote:(that's us) and try to separate the wheat from the chaff.
I was actually looking to separate grain that has been mistakenly identified as chaff and been tossed aside.

Quote:You don't fool anyone Drich, your ifs are nothing but a rhetorical device you use to establish your own superiority.
Laugh out load superiority, with my broken grammar misspelled words, and everyone telling me to get lost...

Quote:You want to build Rome? why don't you first start building some humility first?
Smile because when I am with those who are without the law to them I am also with out the law, but not really as I am still bound by the laws of Christ... From that one of the first popes condensed Paul's word into this saying:"when in Rome do as the Romans do."

After being in 'Rome' for some time I know as Paul did the Romans did not respect a devote pharisaical Jew. So Paul approached the Romans as if he himself were without the laws of God.

Quote:It's way too often the same with you religious types, you come here flaunting your spirituality and "higher" morality like peacocks, telling us how arrogant and blind we are, healer heal thyself and go remove that log you have behind your eyes, you keep confusing it for a brain
I haven't said anything of consequence yet. Right now I am still having some fun.

You ARE of no consequence here. Very well deflected btw, now, as Mom says

shoo fly

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
05-02-2014, 01:05 AM
(04-02-2014 11:03 PM)Drich Wrote:  Hell is the absence of Christ, which is also the absence of love forgiveness and long suffering. I pick Christ. Or love/agape.

Nonsense! The very existence of such a place as hell would automatically make your god's alleged love a cruel absurdity. I cannot choose in favour of a god that would be aware of the suffering of others and ignore them for eternity, neither rescuing them nor allowing them a simple alternative that doesn't involve torturing them. I can think of many such options: Painless annihilation; reincarnation; erasing the memory of hell from their minds and allowing them to wander the universe.

If there is such a place as hell (although I doubt that very much), I have a moral obligation to go there to offer whatever comfort I can to all who are imprisoned there, until such time as they can all be liberated. This is absolutely non-negotiable.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
05-02-2014, 01:10 AM
(04-02-2014 11:55 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 11:40 PM)Drich Wrote:  please explain, what make me holier than, well.. thou?

actually I am not a 'faith' preacher. I preach belief based on the evidence God has offered to provide.

if I truly looked down on you all my word selection would not be so selective. You good people have given me more than one opportunity to have a justified reason to go off. I haven't, and there is a reason behind that.

I was actually looking to separate grain that has been mistakenly identified as chaff and been tossed aside.

Laugh out load superiority, with my broken grammar misspelled words, and everyone telling me to get lost...

Smile because when I am with those who are without the law to them I am also with out the law, but not really as I am still bound by the laws of Christ... From that one of the first popes condensed Paul's word into this saying:"when in Rome do as the Romans do."

After being in 'Rome' for some time I know as Paul did the Romans did not respect a devote pharisaical Jew. So Paul approached the Romans as if he himself were without the laws of God.

I haven't said anything of consequence yet. Right now I am still having some fun.

You ARE of no consequence here. Very well deflected btw, now, as Mom says

shoo fly

*wipes a tear from her eye* You made me so proud! Shy

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-02-2014, 04:13 AM
(04-02-2014 11:20 PM)nach_in Wrote:  But it's not about what you said specifically, but your whole "holier than thou" attitude, you come here as the pharisee carrying the torch of the "true faith" and you look down upon the heathen (that's us) and try to separate the wheat from the chaff.

You don't fool anyone Drich, your ifs are nothing but a rhetorical device you use to establish your own superiority. You want to build Rome? why don't you first start building some humility first?

It's way too often the same with you religious types, you come here flaunting your spirituality and "higher" morality like peacocks, telling us how arrogant and blind we are, healer heal thyself and go remove that log you have behind your eyes, you keep confusing it for a brain

Exactly. How on Earth does Drich suppose that he will convert anyone or point them in the right direction or in anyway make them receptive to his ideas if his whole demeanour irritates people?

It suggests that he isn't really here in order to truly help people or to further his religion but to feel good about himself.

It seems apparent from reading his posts that his arrogance stems from his inability to understand new concepts.

He thinks he's really experienced at debating but I bet you that he won't properly listen to anyone discussing stuff that he doesn't understand. That's different from not agreeing. He'll not even bother trying to demonstrate that he understands what's being said.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
05-02-2014, 04:16 AM
Drich Wrote:... As such I am well with in my conversational rights to dismiss the rest of your argument as a red herring.
"Conversational rights"?
You're the one who comes here. Making claims, bringing an idea of condemnation, informing people that they are somehow incomplete by having different views than yourself.
Common decency demands that you explain yourself fully. Regardless if you are confronted in a way you feel may be in a fashion that's objectionable to you.

Drich Wrote:We may not have complete free will but we have been given a choice to make.
Wrong.
Eph2:8-9
8    For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
9    not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Furthermore, all you've done since your arrival is boast.

Drich Wrote:I haven't said anything of consequence yet.

But you have. You speak of hell. You claim that what you are here for is every christians job.
Yet you take your claimed belief in an eternal punishment for the nonbeliever so lightly, that you later declare:

Drich Wrote:Right now I am still having some fun.

Fun?
In your eyes, the very people you are here to "educate" and warn of the peril of some eternal damnation, are bringing you enjoyment?
That's a deplorable position.
Instead of your tone bringing you shame, it brings you satisfaction.

nach_in is correct.
You are Pharisaical...

...and more loathsome to me than I can convey.

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
[+] 2 users Like Kestrel's post
05-02-2014, 04:54 AM
He just another Holy Joe... they always seem very attached to the idea of us what laughs at them going to get scorched Tongue What I wanna know is, what gives Holy Joes this driving desire to stand around on street corners etc and denounce passers by ? I'd be embarrassed if it was me... standing around being a fruitcake for the Lord...

Bloody Jesus. Why doesn't he want people to be... you know, curious and fun and progressive and at least value education and intelligence?...

Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
05-02-2014, 05:25 AM
To all the folk saying, "You didn't prove yourself to me" or anything along those lines; Theists have a response to that and I've come across it: "Why would the almighty bend over for you, mere mortal?"

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
05-02-2014, 05:33 AM
(05-02-2014 05:25 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  To all the folk saying, "You didn't prove yourself to me" or anything along those lines; Theists have a response to that and I've come across it: "Why would the almighty bend over for you, mere mortal?"

My response to that is "Why expect someone to be able to choose Christianity?"