Your judgement day defense strageity?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2014, 07:34 AM
RE: Your judgement day defense strageity?
(05-02-2014 07:22 AM)Drich Wrote:  
Quote:It suggests that he isn't really here in order to truly help people or to further his religion but to feel good about himself.
What kind of person 'feels good' about being called nasty names?

Compared to feeling good about being a martyr able to put aside personal feelings to carry out God's work?

Quote:It seems apparent from reading his posts that his arrogance stems from his inability to understand new concepts.
Wouldn't that be a little humbling, especially if those 'concepts' had merrit?

Would you recognise that merit?

Quote:He thinks he's really experienced at debating but I bet you that he won't properly listen to anyone discussing stuff that he doesn't understand. That's different from not agreeing. He'll not even bother trying to demonstrate that he understands what's being said.
Actually I disagree. In every single one of your posts i went line by line and addressed your subject matters completely. your response? an attempt of a general dismissal based on your experiences with talking to other christians. None of what you said here applies to me..

Sorry I was under the impression that you were generally ignoring my posts.

I will need to check to make sure I haven't missed any responses.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2014, 07:41 AM
Drich, it didn't take me long to realize that working at spending a lifetime with my ex-husband was not in my best interest. It took me the same amount of time to realize that spending an eternity with a god who loves me just the same (but on a much bigger scale) is also not in my best interest.

If the president called me up and told me it were in his power to make my life perfect but he won't do it because he's a mysterious guy, and then said come to dinner and love me or I will shoot you in the face, then I don't believe I would be interested in having dinner with him either...

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
05-02-2014, 07:49 AM
(03-02-2014 01:50 AM)Drich Wrote:  Simple premise. If this whole atheism thing turns out to be wrong, and you die only to wake up standing before the God of the bible, what will you say?

You gave me no proof.

You should have done miricals in my time..

Will you try and turn things on God and put Him on the defensive?

Why do kids get cancer
Why do babies in Africa get aids or starve to death etc..

Or will you say you were a good and moral man?

Or will you be judged and go with what Christ decides?

Or do you have something better?

What's a "mirical" ?

You're even worse off than we thought.

Explain how one "wakes up" when one has no (functioning) brain, and no circulating cortisol.
Perhaps you might consider joining the 21st Century.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
05-02-2014, 08:10 AM
Drich Wrote:... an attempt of a general dismissal based on your experiences with talking to other christians. None of what you said here applies to me..

Well then make the effort to explain what makes you different.

I asked this of you in your introduction thread, and your response was, "Duh".

Drinking Beverage

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
05-02-2014, 08:10 AM
(05-02-2014 04:16 AM)Kestrel Wrote:  "Conversational rights"?
You're the one who comes here. Making claims, bringing an idea of condemnation, informing people that they are somehow incomplete by having different views than yourself.
Common decency demands that you explain yourself fully. Regardless if you are confronted in a way you feel may be in a fashion that's objectionable to you.
Are you saying you've never heard of the concept of Heaven and Hell yet? If your an atheist I would think you should have some sort of idea of all of this.

I simply asked what would you say to God IF you were wrong. I have not charged anyone with anything. I am just gathering data. I'm new and you all are new to me. This is just a meet and greet.

Drich Wrote:We may not have complete free will but we have been given a choice to make.
Quote:Wrong.
Eph2:8-9
8    For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
9    not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Furthermore, all you've done since your arrival is boast.
two things... How does this contradict what I have said here? I said we have a choice to make the passage also says we have a choice to make. I said the greek philosphy of free will is not scripturally supported, This passage does not support that greek philosphy.

Thing #2: verse 9 speaks of boasting of one's salvation eg. doing great things and earning salvation. It says nothing about boasting of Jesus and what He has done for us.

Quote:But you have. You speak of hell.
Under a great big fat "IF You Are Wrong.." If your belief/faith in Atheism is strong then what does it matter what i say about Hell?

Quote:You claim that what you are here for is every christians job.
To one degree or another yes. but, again this is or rather should be of little to no consenquence because this should be common knoweledge.

Quote:Yet you take your claimed belief in an eternal punishment for the nonbeliever so lightly, that you later declare:
But again if you do not live in a world with a God, then for you everything I say can be dismissed.. It's only if you see a problem with what you believe or uncertain of it that anything i say should be of any concern to you.

Quote:Fun?
In your eyes, the very people you are here to "educate" and warn of the peril of some eternal damnation, are bringing you enjoyment?
Again, what i have to say is not for everyone. Infact I would think less than 10% of you will be impacted by what I have to say. So when I speak I speak to the group in general, not to the minority.

Quote:That's a deplorable position.
Give it time. I'm still setting things up.

Quote:Instead of your tone bringing you shame, it brings you satisfaction.
that is because I truly enjoy what I do.

Quote:nach_in is correct.
You are Pharisaical...
How so?

Quote:...and more loathsome to me than I can convey.
Weeping
05-02-2014, 08:40 AM
(05-02-2014 07:34 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Compared to feeling good about being a martyr able to put aside personal feelings to carry out God's work?
Martyrs don't generally live long enough to enjoy anything.

Quote:Sorry I was under the impression that you were generally ignoring my posts.

I will need to check to make sure I haven't missed any responses.

this is the 3rd if not 4th post of yours i have responded to. If i missed anything let me know and i will go back.
05-02-2014, 08:44 AM
(05-02-2014 07:41 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Drich, it didn't take me long to realize that working at spending a lifetime with my ex-husband was not in my best interest. It took me the same amount of time to realize that spending an eternity with a god who loves me just the same (but on a much bigger scale) is also not in my best interest.
I agree. Spending an eternity with God is not in everyone's best intrest. That is why i not here for everyone. i am here just to point out the desision we have all been given, not to judge what you decide for yourself. As i have already said a few times now. God has seen fit to give you a choice to make concerning your eternal state. Who am i to say you've made the wrong one?

Quote:If the president called me up and told me it were in his power to make my life perfect but he won't do it because he's a mysterious guy, and then said come to dinner and love me or I will shoot you in the face, then I don't believe I would be interested in having dinner with him either...
What are you talking about?
05-02-2014, 08:49 AM
(05-02-2014 07:16 AM)Drich Wrote:  You are aware God does not love everyone correct? blah blah blah...

We are aware that you failed to demonstrate via evidence that your fairy tale monster you keep making shit up about exists at all.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
05-02-2014, 08:52 AM
(05-02-2014 05:54 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 06:09 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  That was a PREDICTION, dumbass. How the fuck do you even breathe on your own?

You know, I don't mind you losing it on the crazies, but why are you being mean to Anjele? I like Anjele...

Anjele has a problem discerning between correlation and causation.

She tried to make it a problem for me.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
05-02-2014, 08:54 AM
(05-02-2014 07:06 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  If the US president phoned me out of the blue and asked me to be at the white house for a state dinner I'd have to know first that it wasn't a spoof before I spent money booking a flight to America.

Same goes for spending every Sunday and 10% of my wages just on something someone tells me.
then don't. Formal Church is not something you need do till your ready. "Where ever two or more are gathered in My name, there I will be also." Technically this or even a series of emails can be considered a 'church.' I do not require a %age of anything from you.

Quote:But to put a halt to the 'no true Scotsman' fallacy that Drich keeps using.
I truly do not thing you all know what that term means. I have posted the defination several times, and even your heavy hitters still are throwing it around incorrectly.

Quote:Why not tell us what fool proof method we should be using to find God and let him into our lives rather than just dismissing everyone by saying "you didn't do it right"
Luke 11:5-6 Then Jesus said to them, “Suppose one of you went to your friend’s house very late at night and said to him, ‘A friend of mine has come into town to visit me. But I have nothing for him to eat. Please give me three loaves of bread.’ 7 Your friend inside the house answers, ‘Go away! Don’t bother me! The door is already locked. My children and I are in bed. I cannot get up and give you the bread now.’ 8 I tell you, maybe friendship is not enough to make him get up to give you the bread. But he will surely get up to give you what you need if you continue to ask. 9 So I tell you, continue to ask, and God will give to you. Continue to search, and you will find. Continue to knock, and the door will open for you. 10 Yes, whoever continues to ask will receive. Whoever continues to look will find. And whoever continues to knock will have the door opened for them. 11 Do any of you have a son? What would you do if your son asked you for a fish? Would any father give him a snake? 12 Or, if he asked for an egg, would you give him a scorpion? Of course not! 13 Even you who are bad know how to give good things to your children. So surely your heavenly Father knows how to give the Holy Spirit to the people who ask him."