Your judgement day defense strageity?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2014, 02:33 AM
RE: Your judgement day defense strageity?
(05-02-2014 11:30 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 10:23 PM)nach_in Wrote:  oh and btw, your half assed metaphor with seeds and stuff is included in your IF, so you can't use it as an argument

So are you saying you con-seed the argument???
:roflol:

no

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
06-02-2014, 04:11 AM
Drich Wrote:Are you saying you've never heard of the concept of Heaven and Hell yet? If your an atheist I would think you should have some sort of idea of all of this.

Here you go.
Perhaps you will learn how to respect a persons inquiry.
Drinking Beverage

Drich Wrote:... I'm new and you all are new to me. This is just a meet and greet.

That's what the introduction thread is for.
So far it's been a "met and regret".

Drich Wrote:two things... How does this contradict what I have said here? I said we have a choice to make the passage also says we have a choice to make. I said the greek philosphy of free will is not scripturally supported, This passage does not support that greek philosphy.

Thing #2: verse 9 speaks of boasting of one's salvation eg. doing great things and earning salvation. It says nothing about boasting of Jesus and what He has done for us.

No.
Rom 12:3 explicitly states that god is responsible for every persons measure of faith.
Meaning that the Ephesians passage applies to counter your claim that "we have a choice to make."
This "choice" cannot be made by people of no faith. Hence atheist.
Therefore, for one to claim that they made a choice to believe runs counter to Ephesians. Because to "decide" to believe is a work. Which in turn is a boast. Period.

Drich Wrote:... Infact I would think less than 10% of you will be impacted by what I have to say. So when I speak I speak to the group in general, not to the minority.
10% ?
Is there now a standard issue christian soul collector calculator? Is it an app? Rolleyes

The only impact I see is boredom.
This could be the problem:

Drich Wrote:Give it time. I'm still setting things up.

You keep alluding to some revelation or personal epiphany in many of your posts. You have "plans" for discussions, "future topics", the "setting up" of your position.

Meanwhile you're burning through whatever Capitol of goodwill has been extended to you here.

You willfully have refused to explain what your position is despite repeated polite requests.
You cannot run the table.

My unsolicited advice to you, is to get to your main point or revelation or epiphany or whatever, before you and your posts are summarily dismissed and ignored.
If you desire to be taken seriously, speak to adults as an adult. Because in your endeavor to be clever, even if what you have to say is somehow interesting, no one is going to give a shit. In a group who cares very little in what you believe anyway.

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
[+] 4 users Like Kestrel's post
06-02-2014, 08:31 AM
(06-02-2014 04:11 AM)Kestrel Wrote:  You keep alluding to some revelation or personal epiphany in many of your posts. You have "plans" for discussions, "future topics", the "setting up" of your position.

Meanwhile you're burning through whatever Capitol of goodwill has been extended to you here.

You willfully have refused to explain what your position is despite repeated polite requests.
You cannot run the table.

My unsolicited advice to you, is to get to your main point or revelation or epiphany or whatever, before you and your posts are summarily dismissed and ignored.
If you desire to be taken seriously, speak to adults as an adult.

Not gonna happen with this assclown.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
06-02-2014, 08:53 AM
(06-02-2014 04:11 AM)Kestrel Wrote:  
Drich Wrote:Are you saying you've never heard of the concept of Heaven and Hell yet? If your an atheist I would think you should have some sort of idea of all of this.
No.
Rom 12:3 explicitly states that god is responsible for every persons measure of faith.
Did you not think i was not going to confirm your passage, or is it that you do not understand what it means?
Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.

This means Everyone has been given a measure of faith some more than others, but again each one has been given a measure of it.

Now take this verse and marry it with what Jesus said about the Mustard seed... In that no matter how small or how little a faith you may have it is enough for God to help you move mountains of doubt with it.

Quote:Meaning that the Ephesians passage applies to counter your claim that "we have a choice to make."
As i have above please show me what you mean.

Quote:This "choice" cannot be made by people of no faith. Hence atheist.
But, by the very words you left in Romans 12 everyone has been given some faith.. And if you believe you still don't have faith then just ask for a mustard seeds worth.

Quote:10% ?
Is there now a standard issue christian soul collector calculator? Is it an app? Rolleyes
no. I say from the 20 or 30 who mock scoff and hiss, 2 or 3 have asked serious questions. that's about 10%

Quote:The only impact I see is boredom.
This could be the problem:
look at the effort you yourself has put into your response to me. Look at the views on this thread.. look at the total views and posts I have generated inside a week.. I do not think boredom will/is be an issue.

Quote:You keep alluding to some revelation or personal epiphany in many of your posts. You have "plans" for discussions, "future topics", the "setting up" of your position.

That's the Idea sport. To burn through the haters and to creat a fan base. So when it comes time to put in some real work (researching answers) I know who to take seriously and who to skim read their work and or completely ignore..

Quote:You willfully have refused to explain what your position is despite repeated polite requests.
I don't generally refuse anyone. I ignore.

Quote:You cannot run the table.
Laugh out load Oh, but I can and will in my threads. If I answer one of your threads i will extend you the same courtesy.

Quote:My unsolicited advice to you, is to get to your main point or revelation or epiphany or whatever, before you and your posts are summarily dismissed and ignored.
If you desire to be taken seriously, speak to adults as an adult. Because in your endeavor to be clever, even if what you have to say is somehow interesting, no one is going to give a shit. In a group who cares very little in what you believe anyway.
Thank you for your advise.. Just know I have been doing this for a while. and new to this site does not mean new to the genere in general. The answers to questions ask that I have put off (from personal experience dealing with this topic several times in the past) create controversy and the thread has away of going off in it's own direction.

that is not the purpose of this thread. Here I am looking for input. I want to know what concerns or intrest you all may have in discussing.
06-02-2014, 09:04 AM
Never argue nor debate Bible verses..........there's no end to that. Bible verses are open to interpretation. Which was the ultimate reason for the defeat of the Bible from the moment it was written. Talk about getting set-up for failure.

Thumbsup

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
06-02-2014, 09:32 AM
there is nothing to argue or interpret. all one need do is read what is on the page.
06-02-2014, 10:05 AM
(06-02-2014 09:32 AM)Drich Wrote:  there is nothing to argue or interpret. all one need do is read what is on the page.

Sorry I'm not able to read ancient Aramaic, Greek and Hebrew.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
06-02-2014, 10:10 AM
0 is a measure

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
06-02-2014, 10:17 AM
(06-02-2014 09:32 AM)Drich Wrote:  there is nothing to argue or interpret. all one need do is read what is on the page.

But we know it to be unreliable as a historical document. How then can we trust what it says?
06-02-2014, 10:25 AM

And HOW many people **read** it to mean something different?

Common!!!
Really?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post