Your judgement day defense strageity?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2014, 06:24 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2014 06:28 AM by morondog.)
RE: Your judgement day defense strageity?
(03-02-2014 05:18 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 04:46 AM)morondog Wrote:  The chances are pretty slim old bean Wink As in, close to zero, in my estimation. YMMV, but you've just asked me what I'd do if I travelled to the North pole and met Santa, basically. I can answer the question but it's not terribly edifying. What would *you* do if you met Santa ? See ? It's F.A.N.T.A.S.Y. Not real. I prefer to waste my time with real stuff.

How do you know the chances? How do you know it's fantasy? Why are you camparing a supposedly perfect being to an easily disproven child's myth? How do you know if anything is real?

Drinking Beverage

Edit: I don't *know* the chances. JC seems about as likely as Santa to me. I don't really care to argue the point. If he's more real to some people they can worry about what happens if they guess wrong. I'm pretty sure you're being sarcastic though...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2014, 06:37 AM
(03-02-2014 05:18 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  How do you know the chances?

Baye's Theorem.

(03-02-2014 05:18 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  How do you know it's fantasy?

I don't 'know', and neither does anybody else; it's simply an inference based upon all of the best evidence currently available to me.

(03-02-2014 05:18 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Why are you camparing[sic] a supposedly perfect being to an easily disproven child's myth?

The key word is 'supposedly', which leave the justification ultimately up to the state of the evidence; which fails to substantiate either of their claimed existences. One people are generally honest about after a certain age, the other not so much.

(03-02-2014 05:18 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  How do you know if anything is real?

We all have to assume that we're not all just brains floating in vats in some collective matrix simulation if we want to get anywhere epistemologically, even the theists. Positing such a question does nothing other than to show that we all have to, at base, make some assumptions for us to function at all. Theists however have to make far more baseless assumptions to support their worldview than does an evidentialist, and we all know what Occam says about not multiplying needless assumptions.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
03-02-2014, 06:44 AM
Dude. I'm a prophet. And who let you in here? Stupid mods. Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
03-02-2014, 07:40 AM
(03-02-2014 01:50 AM)Drich Wrote:  Simple premise. If this whole atheism thing turns out to be wrong, and you die only to wake up standing before the God of the bible, what will you say?

You gave me no proof.

You should have done miricals in my time..

Will you try and turn things on God and put Him on the defensive?

Why do kids get cancer
Why do babies in Africa get aids or starve to death etc..

Or will you say you were a good and moral man?

Or will you be judged and go with what Christ decides?

Or do you have something better?

I don't think anyone (including you) can really answer your questions because we just do not know. But you'd like us to guess - like you - ok.............

Personally, I'm pretty confident that I'm in good shape no matter what's at the end.
If the pagans are right my next lifetime will be even better than this one. If the christians are right I've no problem standing in front of a god and answering for my life. None. But you see, I believe people should lead good, productive lives irregardless of whether there's a god or not. We possess the design for being intelligent and loving creatures. Just live up to your design.

And if Atheists are right - my life's been great and I can die happy and fulfilled.

This is a good read:
http://www.users.drew.edu/~jlenz/whynot.html

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
03-02-2014, 07:47 AM
(03-02-2014 01:50 AM)Drich Wrote:  Simple premise. If this whole atheism thing turns out to be wrong, and you die only to wake up standing before the God of the bible, what will you say?

You gave me no proof.

You should have done miricals in my time..

Will you try and turn things on God and put Him on the defensive?

Why do kids get cancer
Why do babies in Africa get aids or starve to death etc..

Or will you say you were a good and moral man?

Or will you be judged and go with what Christ decides?

Or do you have something better?

LOL

What the fuck are you doing on this forum???

Did they finaly bann you from af.org aswell?

Or did you miss my aggressive calls for building a Reich!?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
03-02-2014, 07:50 AM
I will not need a defense strategy cuz he will know all my history and all my thoughts anyway. He would know why I'm an atheist and if he wants to torture me for that then I can't do anything about it. But he can't blame me for his failures.
[+] 1 user Likes donotwant's post
03-02-2014, 07:53 AM
Well, should it come.... mhmmm.

I will go into the underground and form a network of several armed underground cells to fight the fascist regime that has taken over.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
03-02-2014, 08:12 AM
[Image: 392baf86ff5aa5d0ea808bdf014113f12a1b6343...7e6f7a.jpg]

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 6 users Like Crulax's post
03-02-2014, 08:29 AM
As a woman I have no soul. Plus hell has gene Roddenberry, Jefferson, ayn rand, Carl Sagan, Douglas Adams, and Einstein. Hecks yeah!

If there is a god he must more value the homage of reason than of blind servility and superstition.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
03-02-2014, 08:30 AM
(03-02-2014 08:29 AM)natachan Wrote:  As a woman I have no soul. Plus hell has gene Roddenberry, Jefferson, ayn rand, Carl Sagan, Douglas Adams, and Einstein. Hecks yeah!

If there is a god he must more value the homage of reason than of blind servility and superstition.

While watching with indifference at how people suffer on earth of course. Very reasonable god.